Dvla - Get with the times!

When is the dvla going to wake up and realize its 2012! I cannot belive in this day and age they still deal with cheques and postal orders! Its not the 90s anymore! My licence has been bouncing backwards and forwards to them for weeks because of incompatent post office sraff and out dated payment systems. Sort it out dvla!

hgvhgv:
When is the dvla going to wake up and realize its 2012! I cannot belive in this day and age they still deal with cheques and postal orders! Its not the 90s anymore! My licence has been bouncing backwards and forwards to them for weeks because of incompatent post office sraff and out dated payment systems. Sort it out dvla!

Every transaction I have had in the last 5 years with DVLA has been online with Debit Card. Whats your difficulty? What are you trying to get done?

coreysboys:

hgvhgv:

Every transaction I have had in the last 5 years with DVLA has been online with Debit Card. Whats your difficulty? What are you trying to get done?

Yeah just renewed my digi card using the phone and debit card system and it took all of 3 minutes if that.

bald bloke:
Yeah just renewed my digi card using the phone and debit card system and it took all of 3 minutes if that.

Honeslty i was about 2 minutes, kept asking the women is that it? Is that all i need to do? :laughing: Usually that sort of bollox you’re on the phone for half and hour answering security questions.

merc0447:

bald bloke:

Honeslty i was about 2 minutes, kept asking the women is that it? Is that all i need to do? :laughing: Usually that sort of bollox you’re on the phone for half and hour answering security questions.

I thought you had to go in to a local dvla depot in person to update a digi card?

hgvhgv:

Would you care to be a bit more explicit, I can’t imagine why a correctly completed cheque or postal order would be returned from DVLA :confused:

Squiddy:

merc0447:

bald bloke:

I thought you had to go in to a local dvla depot in person to update a digi card?

No if it just a simple update due to out of date can be done over the phone

animal:

Squiddy:

merc0447:

bald bloke:
snip

Does that include change of address?

you are on here , ergo you have a computer , just about everything is doable on the dvl a website . just updated my driving license online and it was back in 3 days

Squiddy:

animal:

Squiddy:

merc0447:

bald bloke:
snip

Does that include change of address?

Pass try phoning them it was my FiL that done his last week

I sent it off for a new photo change off address and new entitlememt. The woman in the post office said its free because im adding an entitlement. Turns out I have to pay £20! Idiots.

hgvhgv:
I sent it off for a new photo change off address and new entitlememt. The woman in the post office said its free because im adding an entitlement. Turns out I have to pay £20! Idiots.

You could have looked it up here, or there’s the DVLA contact page here

You believed the woman in the post office?

hgvhgv:

So you didn’t look up the info, the post office woman told you the wrong info and that makes the dvla out of date? :confused:

Seany:

hgvhgv:

So you didn’t look up the info, the post office woman told you the wrong info and that makes the dvla out of date? :confused:

Clearly this is a Post Office issue and not a DVLA one. The Post Office is supposed to be an official DVLA checker is it not? ie pay them a fee and they endorse photos, check paperwork etc to ensure no errors??
They obviously havent done their job properly.

FYI if you just need to change your photo you can do this online by entering your passport number. They cross refer and use the passport photo for your licence. £20.

bald bloke:

coreysboys:

hgvhgv:

OOh, I didn’t know that, I got a postal order from the post office :open_mouth:

Cheers for that I tried it but I have an old schokl passport.

I needed to update my photo but my passport image is even older than the licence one!
Sent everything to Swansea a month ago & I’m still waiting.

when my photo needed updating did it all at the PO, they took my photo with their machine and its digitally sent to dvla and I paid by card and they sent it all of for me. p.s. only certain PO’s do this service

I never had any problems with payments, but:

1. When I applied for provisional bus entitlement, they were sending my driving license back to me three or four times saying “To exchange it to British, you have to pay X pounds” while I did not wanted to exchange it to British, I just wanted to add bus entitlement, all along with their own procedures and stuff…

Simply they just don’t need the forms they get, they just see Polish photocard and assume that I want to exchange it. I just had a misfortune that I wanted to do something that is not so popular - but still legal and everything. As a result, I spent over 4 months waiting for them to sort it out, while during this time I spent all my money that I saved for my bus license - and so I don’t have a bus license now. If they did it first time, I would propably do my bus license within two weeks or so and I had a job promised driving tourists around HIghlands. Off course I complained but they seen nothing wrong with their conduct.

1. When recently I had to renew my digicard, it came with my name spelled wrongly. I send it back to them, they sent it back to me, and two days later, they sent me new one - this time the address was spelled wrongly. I sent them both back to them and went for holiday. On my return I stumbled upon two envelopes from DVLA in my mailbox. One contained two digicards they issued to me before, and the new one, with, AGAIN, my address spelled wrongly (I can, if I try really hard, imagine that it’s hard for them to spell my name correctly, but a British address?).

So at this moment I had three valid digicards at my home + the old one that was outdated already.

Off course I called them instantly and they said “Oh, it’s not a problem, we’ll send you another one”.

Maybe it’s not a problem for THEM, and it’s not me, as I was not driving trucks at the moment, and I am a honest person, but if someone decides that using the three cards they issued to him might be a good idea, that might be a problem for someone, that’s for sure…

1. I have problem as well with my British counterpart. I have three points on it, and now, when I had to pay another fine, they told me that my Driver Number is invalid and they add it only to the computer system… According to clerk in the court I now have 3 points on my paper one, and six points in the computer - the old three and new three. I am not even trying to put it straight, as I got a strange feeling that they might add the two and suddenly I will have 9 points…