DVLA D1 form - WTF

Is it just me being blind or is there no PDF link to the D1 form on DVLA site? I can download every other form but to get a D1 form you have to send off for it, WTF? :unamused:

Obviously I’m away you can get them from the PO, but that means legwork.

No that’s right. I couldn’t find one either and when I went to the post office they never had one. :unamused: I think their is a form however on the website when you can have one sent to your Home Address :slight_smile:

Sam

If it’s just to change your address you can do it on line. I did that last time and it means you can keep your current licence until the new one arrives you check it for ■■■■ ups.

If it’s for something else I think the reason you can’t download the form is because of the bit for the photo on the form.

just watch am sure for licence renewals you need D2!!!
Am sure one of our drivers lost his HGV Entitalemant ! becasue he used D1 ,
as i say am not 100% sure just watch

Fallmonk:

Yep, D1 for cars and bikes and D2 for trucks and buses.

Coffeeholic:

Fallmonk:

Ah■■? :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: Is this true for sure guys? I need to update photo (current DL has expired) and also change addy. I belled up Swansea and the bird said to just use D1 form and tick X for change of address and X for updating photo and send the dollars, but then I didn’t mention I had HGV entitlements. Will bell em up again to find out. Will be ■■■■■■ if I need D2 as well as I’ve just come back from main PO with D1 :angry: . What a ■■■■■■■ carry on. In this day and age of technology you’d think that you could do this all online, including the photo. I mean FFS who use real photos anymore. We’re not in the dark ages of half meg digital cameras anymore. Most basic ones can do at least 5 meg pics so why don’t they let you do it all online and upload a digital pic. ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ me off. Typical government department having to have the most complicated way ever to justify their ■■■■■■ jobs. Doing it all online could probably get rid of at least 100 staff.

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Fallmonk:

Ah■■? :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: Is this true for sure guys? I need to update photo (current DL has expired) and also change addy. I belled up Swansea and the bird said to just use D1 form and tick X for change of address and X for updating photo and send the dollars, but then I didn’t mention I had HGV entitlements. Will bell em up again to find out.

According to this it is true.

direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItO … G_10031645

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Fallmonk:

Ah■■? :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: Is this true for sure guys? I need to update photo (current DL has expired) and also change addy. I belled up Swansea and the bird said to just use D1 form and tick X for change of address and X for updating photo and send the dollars, but then I didn’t mention I had HGV entitlements. Will bell em up again to find out. Will be ■■■■■■ if I need D2 as well as I’ve just come back from main PO with D1 :angry: . What a [zb] carry on. In this day and age of technology you’d think that you could do this all online, including the photo. I mean FFS who use real photos anymore. We’re not in the dark ages of half meg digital cameras anymore. Most basic ones can do at least 5 meg pics so why don’t they let you do it all online and upload a digital pic. [zb] ■■■■■■ me off. Typical government department having to have the most complicated way ever to justify their [zb] jobs. Doing it all online could probably get rid of at least 100 staff.

Rob, just get to the point FFS!!!LOL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I used the service offered by the main Post Office for renewing my photocard, costs £4.50 and for that they take the photograph in a special booth attached to the counter, check all the documents and send everything to the DVLA electronically. Worth every penny and I had my licence back in 3 days.

Take a look here:

My mate just renewed his car licence at the post office. No paperwork. Sit down in a booth, takes a picture, sign a digital pad and the licence will arrive in the post. Took a couple of minutes. I imagine it needs to be a bigger post office.

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Fallmonk:

Ah■■? :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: Is this true for sure guys? I need to update photo (current DL has expired) and also change addy. I belled up Swansea and the bird said to just use D1 form and tick X for change of address and X for updating photo and send the dollars, but then I didn’t mention I had HGV entitlements. Will bell em up again to find out.

According to what? All you’ve done is linked to a menu page. I have been unable to find any page stating that a D2 must be sent with a D1 when renewing your photo - please provide a link stating this. In fact it specifically says the D2 form is for LGV licence renewals. That is not the same as photo renewals. My LGV licence does not expire for another 20 years so I’m not seeing any reason for a D2. Even the booklet that comes with the D2 (INF2D) mentions nothing about photo renewals.

I fear there’s a lot of MMTM going on in this thread. :question: :question: :question: :question:

I’m thus far unable to get an answer from Swansea as “due to high call volumes we are unable to take your call, good bye” for the past 2 hours. In between times I’ve been over to the BBQ HQ at Hillcrest House and got a D2 form from then just in case it is needed.

That is what I did too, there is a list on the Post office links who do the photo renewals, you can also do passports the same way I believe

Keep your local post office open!!!

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … /DG_078070

For the people having reading issues and saying to use the PO, I repeat :

Rob K:
I need to update photo (current DL has expired) and also change addy.

You cannot do this at the PO. They will only do one or the other, as I phoned and asked.

Martin:
I used the service offered by the main Post Office for renewing my photocard, costs £4.50 and for that they take the photograph in a special booth attached to the counter, check all the documents and send everything to the DVLA electronically. Worth every penny and I had my licence back in 3 days.

Take a look here:

Buy Or Renew Your Vehicle Tax | Identity | Post Office®

Good post mate, very usefull!!

Rob K:

Rob K:

You cannot do this at the PO. They will only do one or the other, as I phoned and asked.

But you can change the address on the internet immediately

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Rob K:

But you can change the address on the internet immediately

Only if you agree to the DWP and HMRC to snoop into your business. Which I don’t.

Look at the small print which you have to agree to in order to use the government gateway service. :bulb: I’ll do it by post where no info is required other than the new address, photo and fee.

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Fallmonk:

According to what? All you’ve done is linked to a menu page.

D2 for an updated photocard driving licence for lorries, minibuses or buses. You are updating you lorry licence with a new address.

direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItO … G_10015999

@ Neil.

I have the D2 form and INF2D in front of me right now and there is nothing on/in either about renewing your photo. You have to select an option under “the licence you want” and there isn’t an option for updating the photo. The closest match would be “renewal” but as it doesn’t expire for another 20 years that obviously isn’t required. Nor do any of the other renewal options fit :

For medical reasons
As I was disqualified
At age 70

The D1 form has a specific option on “what are you applying for?” :

To renew the photo on my licence.

Rob K:

Rob K:

People are only trying to help. Are you incapable of being nice or have been a grumpy old sod for so long you don’t know any different