Dustcart Drivers Beware

I recently went for a job driving a dustcart doing collections from various industrial premises. The guy interviewing me offered me the job and showed me the truck a new Volvo which had just been delivered and showed me the controls and said I would have another guy with me to help.
Now I thought new lorry got to make an effort so I popped down to moss bros and picked up a very nice suit and some white shirts and a nice pair of brogues.
Went out first day got to some bind at billingsgate market that were rotten and stunk. I had to bring the truck back and said I come for a driving job not a bin loader job I don’t expect to load a dustcart in my new clothes so beware if you apply for a job driving a dustcart!!!

like any job - always get the job specs

It’s terrible. I went for a job at Texaco once and they wanted me to deliver petrol. I said “Haven’t you got any walking floor trailers, that’s what I’m after” :stuck_out_tongue:

kr79:
I recently went for a job driving a dustcart doing collections from various industrial premises. The guy interviewing me offered me the job and showed me the truck a new Volvo which had just been delivered and showed me the controls and said I would have another guy with me to help.
Now I thought new lorry got to make an effort so I popped down to moss bros and picked up a very nice suit and some white shirts and a nice pair of brogues.
Went out first day got to some bind at billingsgate market that were rotten and stunk. I had to bring the truck back and said I come for a driving job not a bin loader job I don’t expect to load a dustcart in my new clothes so beware if you apply for a job driving a dustcart!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I once drove an ice cream van, great job ,superb hours but then someone asked for an ice lolly…grrrrrrr!!!

I got a job with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, turned up in full penguin suit and dickey bow…■■■■■■■■ only wanted me to drive a truck.

And I went for a job driving for Asda and the bloke said i’ll be delivering to just Asda stores well I said I want a lot more variation than that what about Tescos, Morrison’s etc.

i was told id need to open the tailgate on a tipper id be driving told them i would need a second man for that

I went for a job at a removals company. They asked me to carry stuff from one house to a big box like thing with wheels on…“■■■■ that!”

Think yourself lucky. I got a job at Stobarts and no one told me I’d have to wear a bloody green shirt. I hate green. Nowhere did it say I’d have to wear green. I’ve had to buy a new wardrobe to match. I mean, honestly, how was I to know I’d have to wear green.:smiling_imp:

kr79:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■ taking … :smiley:

del trotter:
I got a job with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, turned up in full penguin suit and dickey bow…[zb] only wanted me to drive a truck.

Don’t say that - I was stuck behind a wag and drag “Berliner Philharmoniker” on a go-slow through the J6-J5 M25 roadworks the other night.
(probably thought “50” meant 50km/h like some newbie foreigners over here do)

I wonder if you’ll get a drum roll followed by a good cymbal bash if the thing crashes… :unamused:

happysack:
Think yourself lucky. I got a job at Stobarts and no one told me I’d have to wear a bloody green shirt. I hate green. Nowhere did it say I’d have to wear green. I’ve had to buy a new wardrobe to match. I mean, honestly, how was I to know I’d have to wear green.:smiling_imp:

i had that problem with rank hovis. i got the job and they said they would need to measure me for my uniform. i told them not to bother cos i wont wear it. why not? its green and im a rangers supporter, theres no way im wearing that :laughing:

they never mentioned it again either so i never wore their uniform :smiley:

happysack:

I’ll speak to the reps and see if we can go back to the black and yellow then… :smiley:

kr79:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: what next wet suit and air tank to clean trucks :laughing:

Sounds like the sort of place where it starts like this and ends up them wanting you to take a 13’11 vehicle under a 14’0 bridge and driving it with a broken cruise control stalk, you’re better off well outta there. It’s your licence on the line after all. :laughing:

I once signed up to the parachute regiment, :sunglasses: but I didn’t want to hurt anyone! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

look at it this way lads every job is not what it seams, come on guys some jobs in transport require you two, dare I say it Work as well as drive, not having a break while blowing off your load of what ever :stuck_out_tongue:

tachograph:

kr79:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■ taking … :smiley:

Shocking… :smiley:

My mum got me my first job when I was 16, but on the first day no one ever came to pick me up ?

I keep telling the DHSS that I’ve got a job but my employer won’t pay me.

Can I take them to tribunal?