Dumb as a box of rocks

I am always amazed how many drivers and other people I meet here who know very little about their own country ?
From two drivers on the G W Bridge a few weeks ago talking about that very bridge, as we were all at a standstill one asked “What we gonna do if a ship comes along and they have to raise the bridge ?”
I interviened “It’s a [zb] suspension bridge, not a drawbridge you dozey git”
Two others talking about how it must be at least 5 miles long :laughing: :laughing:
It is infact about 3/4 of a mile total.
Last week as I drove north along I-95 near New Haven CT some idiot who had noticed the Ocean in the form of Long Island Sound asked “Can we see The Statue of Liberty from here ?” … ask again in about 120 miles :laughing:
Then there are the people who ask where I live and I tell them near the Adirondack Mountains in NY… “There ain’t no mountains in New York, ya’all must think I’m dumb ?”
“Yep !”

Drivers you see, that one word explains it all :unamused:

The same stupidity is responsible for the ridiculous statements made about CSA requiring you to be under a size 17 collar or you lose your CDL and even more ridiculous stuff, every show on trucking radio was about crap like that for the two years leading up to the roll out and guess what…nothing changed, only the name, once SafeStat, now CSA :unamused:

On the whole, no matter where you are in the World, you’ll find that lorry drivers are a bunch of uneducated knuckle dragging ■■■■■■■■■ with a vocabulary that stops after F :cry:

Yeah but I have never known one’s that can’t actually read before Mark. The one’s that ask “Which lane do I have to be in for Cash tolls?”
“The ones marked cash tolls driver”
“Which lanes are they, red or purple ?”
“The one’s that say CASH driver”
“Are they red or purple ?”
The driver then moves on to the bit on I-87 that splits with I-287 … “What lane do I need for 287 ?”
“The one that says 287”
“Is that to the right or the left ?”
“Where are you from driver ?” I ask.
“Tennesee” comes the reply.
“How the hell did you get to New York without being able to read ?”

Pat Hasler:
Yeah but I have never known one’s that can’t actually read before Mark. The one’s that ask “Which lane do I have to be in for Cash tolls?”
“The ones marked cash tolls driver”
“Which lanes are they, red or purple ?”
“The one’s that say CASH driver”
“Are they red or purple ?”
The driver then moves on to the bit on I-87 that splits with I-287 … “What lane do I need for 287 ?”
“The one that says 287”
“Is that to the right or the left ?”
“Where are you from driver ?” I ask.
“Tennesee” comes the reply.
“How the hell did you get to New York without being able to read ?”

From his point of view it’s probably more like Yankees can’t talk proper American.If they mean cash maybe it would be easier if was spelt cayersh just like they say it down in dixie :laughing: .

But there’s probably more people who speak Spanish up North now than ‘proper’ American English anyway in which case it would probably be better to use pictures showing telepass,cash,or card like in Europe because of all the different languages anyway.

But it would have been ironic if the second American civil war was started by a British ex pat if he’d have replied to you that he’d got there the same way that his ancestors got to Gettysburg over a hundred years ago because the sun always rises in the east and sets in the west so it’s no problem knowing which way zb North is. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

More like an advert for realising the pitfalls of ■■■■■■■ your sister.

kr79:

That is considered normal behaviour for them.

I was amazed by the amount of people who thought I was from Australia and then ask is that near London.

I always get asked if I’m Australian when I go to the USA

kr79:
I always get asked if I’m Australian when I go to the USA

Same here. Almost on a daily basis.

I thought I was Australian :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

kr79:

That is considered normal behaviour for them.

I was amazed by the amount of people who thought I was from Australia and then ask is that near London.

I was at St Pats parade in New York and was asked…

“What county are you from”

I says “Yorkshire”.

She says, “Is that near Dublin”?

fly sheet:
I thought I was Australian :open_mouth:

You mean to say you’re not :laughing:

gonna have fun with the welsh accent then :confused: :confused:

taffytrucker:
gonna have fun with the welsh accent then :confused: :confused:

You will with the women, they love Tom Jones :wink: :wink: :smiley:

dont forget the thank you for speaking english…you speak good english for a scotsman/welsh/irish. What a bunch of self centred hillwilliams…who thinks everyone in the world wants to be American.
jimmy.

JIMBO47:
dont forget the thank you for speaking english…you speak good english for a scotsman/welsh/irish. What a bunch of self centred hillwilliams…who thinks everyone in the world wants to be American.
jimmy.

Havent you watched enough films to know that if it wasnt for the yank the world would have been destroyed alien race or meteor or something else atleast a 250 times this year alone and we would all be living in mud huts or caves :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

One thing to take into consideration is the people we deal with as truck drivers. We inhabit truckstops, fast food joints and loading docks, none of which are known to attract the more intelligent members of society, both as workers and clients :laughing:

Sounds like my kind of people fruitcakes and morons.

How dumb ? … here’s how dumb !
Monday morning, very, very early as I was poodling down I-87 towards NYC on the two lane each way bit after Saugerties I am about a mie from the right lane being coned off for road works and a car in front of me doing about 60 mph. There are large and well lit signs saying right lane closed and merge left at 2 mile, 1 mile, 1/2 mile and 1000 feet marks so lots of warnings, at 1/2 a mile O moved over and the car stayed in the right lane getting slower and slower, I eased off expecting the driver to move to the only lane open as anyone with any sense would … forgetting that in this part of the world not many drivers actually have any sense. The idiot got nearer and nearer to the workers protection truck which had the huge flashing arrow pointing to the left lane and eventually stopped dead and the driver just stared at its huge flashing arrow not knowing what to do… how do these idiots get licences ?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
How dumb ? … here’s how dumb !
Monday morning, very, very early as I was poodling down I-87 towards NYC on the two lane each way bit after Saugerties I am about a mie from the right lane being coned off for road works and a car in front of me doing about 60 mph. There are large and well lit signs saying right lane closed and merge left at 2 mile, 1 mile, 1/2 mile and 1000 feet marks so lots of warnings, at 1/2 a mile O moved over and the car stayed in the right lane getting slower and slower, I eased off expecting the driver to move to the only lane open as anyone with any sense would … forgetting that in this part of the world not many drivers actually have any sense. The idiot got nearer and nearer to the workers protection truck which had the huge flashing arrow pointing to the left lane and eventually stopped dead and the driver just stared at its huge flashing arrow not knowing what to do… how do these idiots get licences ?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You probably confused him when you eased off Pat, he probably was’nt expecting that. Next time race him to the cones then he’ll go like hell to cut you off, that way he’ll feel like the victor :laughing:

Charles

Was in Idaho last week getting a pack of smokes and was mistaken for a Canadian untill I pointed out its like saying she sounds like she comes from Memphis lol look on her face was priceless