Due care. Parcel boyo

I’ll just leave this here from twitter.

For those of you who are frustrated about the vehicle in lane two the HGV didn’t give them much chance to move over before undertaking. We understand it’s frustrating however, the truck driver was guilty of that offence too. #onlyonepairofhands 5433 t.co/fNqPs7T8FM

HGV driver dealt with driving through the roadworks at Stafford in excess of the 50mph speed limit, intimidating other motorists by close tailgating and flashing headlights, also undertaking on wet roads. Reported for driving without due care #shouldknowbetter 5433 t.co/XEuSsYfxDF

Mostly amused by the dumb bint that is convinced that the truck was doing 83mph… :laughing:

no impending prosecution for the middle lane ■■■■■■ then?
an obvious offence there being observed and captured on camera.
the truck needs to use the same video to have the pleb counter charged.

dieseldog999:
no impending prosecution for the middle lane ■■■■■■ then?
an obvious offence there being observed and captured on camera.
the truck needs to use the same video to have the pleb counter charged.

2 wrongs don’t make a right.
Having said that, book 'em Danno. The car was also in the wrong

its always best to "forget " your rear plate when heading for the boat i these instances. :wink:
if the car wasnt in lane 2,then the truck wouldnt have been in lane 1 which was clear.

You lot in the UK have adopted some American ways so why not accept the ‘pass on either side’ like we do ? It’s everyday driving around here, ain’t no big deal. :sunglasses:

Main problem through speedlimited roadworks is, 2 vehicle types, 1 with a calibrated speedo, and 1 without, and both thinking they are doing they right speed, I’ve passed a car through road works in a truck with 50 limit, at a speedo indicated speed of 50mph, satnav also showing speed of 50mph, and could see the cars digital speedo also showing 50mph, going by how inacurate my toyota speedo is, the car would in reality would only be travelling at 46mph.

remy:
You lot in the UK have adopted some American ways so why not accept the ‘pass on either side’ like we do ? It’s everyday driving around here, ain’t no big deal. :sunglasses:

Ding…

Ding ding!

We have a winner!

The only person driving without due care in that clip is the throbber road captain in the second lane, keep left unless overtaking

To add, from the RAC.
‘Undertaking’ is the practice of overtaking a slower moving vehicle on its left-hand side (kerb side). While it’s not strictly illegal to undertake on a motorway or dual carriageway in the UK, it can be extremely dangerous, and punishable if deemed to be careless driving.

weeto:
To add, from the RAC.
‘Undertaking’ is the practice of overtaking a slower moving vehicle on its left-hand side (kerb side). While it’s not strictly illegal to undertake on a motorway or dual carriageway in the UK, it can be extremely dangerous, and punishable if deemed to be careless driving.

Yet…

In the USA and other countries, it’s considered perfectly acceptable on roads with much higher density traffic than the M25.

Technically, everyone passing you on the left two lanes heading towards the Dartford Tunnel is driving dangerously?

weeto:
To add, from the RAC.

It’s Only under taking if it’s used to gain position.
I was taught to make progress in my lane when safe to do so, up to and including the limit.it’s in the police drivers manual. The safest vehicle is the one you’ve passed.

yourhavingalarf:

weeto:
To add, from the RAC.

Yet…

In the USA and other countries, it’s considered perfectly acceptable on roads with much higher density traffic than the M25.

Technically, everyone passing you on the left two lanes heading towards the Dartford Tunnel is driving dangerously?

And it makes trying to make progress on a busy American motorway really bloody frustrating as everyone just sits in whatever lane takes their fancy so you have to weave all over the motorway just to overtake people

switchlogic:
And it makes trying to make progress on a busy American motorway really bloody frustrating as everyone just sits in whatever lane takes their fancy so you have to weave all over the motorway just to overtake people

I never…

Said it aided progress. Three, four, five or six lanes jammed with traffic won’t move any faster becasue of it. What passing on the left does is alleviate middle lane dozy buggers who insist on staying in lane two for 30 miles. It just seems backwards to prosecute drivers for passing on the left in the UK when it’s considered acceptable to do so by many other countries.

yourhavingalarf:

If you’d seen the accident statistics for the USA you’d never have mentioned that. In the countries where it is considered perfectly acceptable they all have much worse accident stats than the UK.

For 2016 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data shows 37,461 people were killed in 34,436 motor vehicle crashes, an average of 102 per day.

In contrast the UK in 2016 there were 1,792 killed. USA only has 6 times the population of the UK.

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:

If you’d seen the accident statistics for the USA you’d never have mentioned that. In the countries where it is considered perfectly acceptable they all have much worse accident stats than the UK.

For 2016 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data shows 37,461 people were killed in 34,436 motor vehicle crashes, an average of 102 per day.

In contrast the UK in 2016 there were 1,792 killed. USA only has 6 times the population of the UK.

Obviously…

ALL of those accidents are because of passing in any lane.

I get as fed up as everyone at middle lane hoggers, but what does driving up peoples arse ends causing intimidation to get them to shift so you can do 3mph more through a 10-20odd mile sretch (if that sometimes) actually achieve?

The prize is arriving at your destination minutes quicker, of virtually no consequence to your day.

It’s pointless. The Hermes driver is a ■■■■.

rob22888:
I get as fed up as everyone at middle lane hoggers, but what does driving up peoples arse ends causing intimidation to get them to shift so you can do 3mph more through a 10-20odd mile sretch (if that sometimes) actually achieve?

The prize is arriving at your destination minutes quicker, of virtually no consequence to your day.

It’s pointless. The Hermes driver is a ■■■■.

I noticed you have left a comment on Twitter mate :wink:

remy:

The USA is setup for passing on either side. How many junctions in the UK do you exit to the slip road from the right hand lane to the right?

switchlogic:

yourhavingalarf:

weeto:
To add, from the RAC.

Yet…

Got the same problem in Oz. !00K limit, line of prats sit in lane 2 of 3 doing 90 or even less. I’m nearly always doing 100 in the nearside lane watching the chaos these berks cause in the mirror. The drive on the left rule is the same here, but no one takes any notice.