dsvsa

At DHL we’re expected to do 15 min checks at start and end of shift, wouldn’t mind if paid hourly. :cry: :cry:

burnley-si:

new ruling is that you will now have to do a 15 miniute check at the end of the day

nothing like making your day even longer :unamused:

and what happens if your back in the yard at 14hrs 55minutes :unamused: :laughing:

One of just many holes in the OP’s claim. :smiley: :wink:

burnley-si:

new ruling is that you will now have to do a 15 miniute check at the end of the day

and what happens if your back in the yard at 14hrs 55minutes :unamused: :laughing:

You get artistic with the chalk then pull your curtains…

That doing a 15 min check at the end of the shift is total cack,you are doing your checks all day long through your shift,what do you do at the end for 15mins,get out and admire the motor for what a cracking days work its done :question: give it a hug and pat the diesel tank,park up card out ,seths gone :wink:

burnley-si:

Don’t worry about it. :wink:

wing-nut:
At DHL we’re expected to do 15 min checks at start and end of shift, wouldn’t mind if paid hourly. :cry: :cry:

This is where the rumors that the DVSA require 15 minute checks start, because it gets made company policy and when a driver queries it or does the training course they get told it’s DVSA requirement, this then gets spread round RDC’s and becomes truck driver law.

burnley-si:

you have to add it on to the next day :grimacing:

Conor:

seth 70:
Im not sure about that 15 min bollox though :confused:

You need to demonstrate you did your walk round checks at the start of the shift. Card in and driving straight off and they’ll ask you when you did your check and questions like when you got your paperwork and keys.

The paperwork and keys are already in our wagons when we get to them at our place.

muckles:
This is where the rumors that the DVSA require 15 minute checks start, because it gets made company policy and when a driver queries it or does the training course they get told it’s DVSA requirement, this then gets spread round RDC’s and becomes truck driver law.

I’m using this image for the second time today. :smiley:

Nutshell.png

Coffeeholic:

muckles:

I’m using this image for the second time today. :smiley:

you go steady or you’ll have to have a lye down in a darkened room with that whale music :wink:

Muckles only got one thing wrong. It becomes truckdriverlore.

Something far more mystical and unquantifiable.

tommy t:
There is quite often a womble parked /stopped on the HS of the M25 clockwise , as you come down the hill before M25(J9)/A243 Leatherhead they are there most days, they do the follow me to vostapo

No there’s not. It’s always a DVSA galaxy. Never seen a womble parked there.

m1cks:

tommy t:
There is quite often a womble parked /stopped on the HS of the M25 clockwise , as you come down the hill before M25(J9)/A243 Leatherhead they are there most days, they do the follow me to vostapo

but your not there 24/7 m1cks :wink:

nick2008:

m1cks:

tommy t:

Yes, clearly going past there 4x daily isn’t enough :frowning:

TruckNet informative as ever :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

m1cks:

tommy t:

i’ve seen many a Womble on the perch :grimacing:

dualflags:
just to let u know the highways agency are now being trained up to do vosas work so be warened boys they do have the power to stop and check u now alsoo a new ruling is that you will now have to do a 15 miniute check at the end of the day as well as the start of ur day so make sure u have lots of money on you :imp:

what do i check at End of Day? Does refueling and dropping Trailer count to that 15 minutes?

The DHL 15mins at the end of the shift can be a manual entry the next day, i believe it was brought in because drivers got back in the yard and pulled the card at say 2105, then did paperwork got their stuff together maybe take 5-10mins, then into office waited to get debriefed which could be 10mins, then clocked out at 2130 on their time sheets, then next day tachograph would show end of last shift was 2105 rather than 2130. But this has been turned into you must sit and show 15mins other work on the tachograph. When i worked for DHL i did long shifts and i did a manual entry the next day and was never pulled up about it. There is or was a memo on the transport office wall in Bellshill about it.

Guess now its become folklore VOSA demand this 15mins, but then again if VOSA know fine well you pull your card and still takes a good 20mins to do paperwork get debriefed and out the building like working for supermarkets etc… and your card shows that time as a daily rest they may have something to say.

As for doing checks at the end of the shift, yeah they wanted a quick walk round check at the end make sure the lights working, nothing obviously wrong with the unit or trailer and to make sure the load is still secure. Which seems like common sense cause someone comes in at 3am with a trunk and day guy is taking the whole load out the next day its prob better for the office to be informed at 2am their is a problem so they can get it fixed then rather than wait for day guy appearing at 6am defecting the unit then have to wait for it to be fixed or wait for the load to be trans shipped.

tommy t:
There is quite often a womble parked

Lol. Womble. Love it :laughing:

burnley-si:

Unplanned night night :smiley:

The latest blurb from DVSA that I remember reading was that the trial of HATO staff assisting DVSA/VOSA was a success and would continue until the end of the financial year when it would probably be rolled out Nationwide (But I suspect it might depend on who gets elected and what budgets are set).

They did however mention in the article the current HATO/DVSA activity was only in the Doxey (is that how it’s spelt) area of the M6 so I didn’t think the HATO were active in helping DVSA elsewhere.

m1cks:

nick2008:

m1cks:

tommy t:

Yes, clearly going past there 4x daily isn’t enough :frowning:

no see you aint doing it right :grimacing: