Drug driving

It’s the fact he is driving under the influence that bothers me ! I was hit on the m6 at Lancaster by a uk pallets van driver who was completely out his nut . He could’ve killed us both & that annoys me how some people have no consideration for other people .

Implement a drug testing policy,sorted.

Own Account Driver:

Sharp lad:
I’m nights & he’s on days . The cab constantly stinks of smoke & I’ve found bits of tobacco & cannabis on numerous occasions . I hate people who drive under the influence of drugs / drink . As for him being stoned ? His eyes are constantly hanging out of his head . My tm buries his head in the sand , he won’t pull anyone up for anything !

Put the bits you find in a poly bag and give them to your boss or show him the cab just stating you’re not happy with the condition it’s being handed over to you. Then leave it with them don’t discuss who you think it is or what you think it is or pass judgement. Up to them to deal with it but if there’s an accident under the influence they will have been very foolish not to have done anything about a situation they were aware of.

In this day and age of tech you must have a camera phone take pics of the cab before you enter then collect all the bits left print the pics and hand them to your boss not the TM he probably gets his joint material of same driver

i personally would if 100% certain just ring the cops to advise. i dont do drugs and think its disgusting the attitudes of people on here who have an attituide of just say nothing its not your business, i dont profess to be holier than thou but i think everyone has a responsibilty to an extent, too many people in society nowadays just turn a blind eye and hope someone else will deal with it :imp: .

nowt wrong with a bit of green.try to forget about it…

Sharp lad:
I share a cab with a driver that I’ve proved on numerous occasions smokes cannabis & have had no response from my tm . What’s your opinions & what would you do in this situation ? I’m ready to knock him out but I really can’t afford to lose my job :frowning:

id try and chat to the lad,hes obviously got a issues,i dont think getting him the sack would help him,a quite word in his ear,arm round his shoulder type thing,try and point him in the right direction,learnt this from the old hands i learnt the job from,they could of hung me out to dry,but a few words[sometimes harsh] eventually turned me round,eternally thankfull too them for spending time putting me on the right track

i like a beer, my mate prefers the weed. so [zb]ing what.

if you were drink driving i would shop you and smoking weed while driving a truck is just as bad.

however if you go home and spliff up so what thats your choice and fair enough the op stated its while driving a truck.

i for one couldnt not say anything to the driver as ady suggested maybe a quiet word in the first place would be the way to go but like i say too many people in society have no sense of responsibility and just turn a blind eye.

war1974:
the op stated its while driving a truck.

no he didn’t.

Its whilst he is on duty :frowning:

limeyphil:

war1974:

no he didn’t.

The OP did say that he finds little bits of cannabis and tobacco around the truck, on the floor etc and that’s the bit that I would have a problem with because if I was stopped by the Police or VOSA and one of those spotted it then it could cause me problems. Other than that then I wouldn’t consider it to be my business if the TM didn’t consider it to be his.

I cant believe there is so many negative replys to this if he is under the influence it could be you or your family he takes out in an accident,it does not look good when so called professional drivers are prepared to turn a blind eye to drug taking.
Eddie.

Harry Monk:

limeyphil:
The OP did say that he finds little bits of cannabis and tobacco around the truck, on the floor etc and that’s the bit that I would have a problem with because if I was stopped by the Police or VOSA and one of those spotted it then it could cause me problems. Other than that then I wouldn’t consider it to be my business if the TM didn’t consider it to be his.

GRASS the TM up! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: all joking aside 1. Have a word on the QT but don’t be offended as a smack on the snout might hurt
2. Tell him sort his head out or you’ll do something about it
3. Grass him up! Endex
Would anyone here like it if he KILLED your nearest and dearest? :unamused: :smiling_imp: :imp: :bulb: :question:

erfguy:
I cant believe there is so many negative replys to this if he is under the influence it could be you or your family he takes out in an accident,it does not look good when so called professional drivers are prepared to turn a blind eye to drug taking.
Eddie.

It’s not a case of turning a blind eye. Somebody could take out my family because they have a bald tyre, or a faulty headlight, or worn windscreen wiper blades, so should I dob everybody in for every infraction which might potentially lead to an accident? Am I “turning a blind eye” if I don’t?

Presumably I could aid road safety if I went round my local car park with a tyre depth gauge and a digital camera, taking photographs of cars with bald tyres and preparing reports about them for the Police, but I don’t. It’s not my job to catch criminals, same as it’s not the Police’s job to drive my lorry.

erfguy:
Eddie.

just sounds like misguided youth,just needs setting on the right path,weve all made mistakes,we all deserve a second chance

limeyphil:

war1974:

no he didn’t.

if he shares the truck and is finding it he is smoking while at some point driving a vehicle under the influence of drugs! just dont say nothing phil its ok you have your one of the boys image to uphold.

Ask him to share. Once you’ve smoked a few spliffs, I doubt you’d give a ■■■■.

The driver in question is in his 50s …

war1974:

limeyphil:

war1974:

no he didn’t.

if he shares the truck and is finding it he is smoking while at some point driving a vehicle under the influence of drugs! just dont say nothing phil its ok you have your one of the boys image to uphold.

all we have been told is he shares a truck.
is it day driver/night driver? or is it 4 on 4 off?
if it’s 4 on 4 off, then they will both be doing nights out, so the pot head might just have a smoke before bed. there is no evidence that the driver is stoned whilst driving.

Im on 5 night trunks & he is the day driver on locals . He is smoking it on shift .