Drove an erf ec11 today

Nice easy truck with eaton fuller gearbox for guy in Leeds
Will Oldroyd transport Thorpe same yard as stab Ellis

Drove a few of them back in the day, proper lorry tough as old boots :slight_smile:

wakey trucker:
Nice easy truck with eaton fuller gearbox for guy in Leeds
Will Oldroyd transport Thorpe same yard as stab Ellis

Very lucky man .

Lucky sod. I think ERFs are the bees knees but not everyone agrees with me. I was raised on em back in the 80’s. Can’t beat a B series 8 wheeler loaded up with 19 tons of Britain’s finest coal.

Here’s one I used to drive, this one had an Eaton Twin Splitter gearbox.

As I have posted on the O/D Forum, you can’t beat an EC14 with twin split and vertical exhaust.

Chuck away the radio, and listen.

Ken.

Quinny:
As I have posted on the O/D Forum, you can’t beat an EC14 with twin split and vertical exhaust.

Chuck away the radio, and listen.

Ken.

and don’t forget his mate Jake :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

ERF C series is probably one of the best looking trucks ever to have rolled off of an assembly line.

If only ERF had been prepared to comply with emissions standards then they might still be going today.

Found this a few weeks back tucked in the corner of an industrial estate

image.jpg

Not sure about that Harry ,Erf were at euro 3 in 1998 .

Oh I don’t know;

There are YouTube videos of this beauty.

13 fuller EC.jpg

As it says on my 1984 key ring
ERF , a lion among trucks
never bettered in my opinion

image.jpg

dan while your on get a pic of your e14 up!

Dan Punchard:
Not sure about that Harry ,Erf were at euro 3 in 1998 .

You might well be right, but my understanding is that the demise of British truck manufacturing was largely due to ■■■■■■■ and Gardner being unable or unwilling to develop new engines which met tightening eu emissions standards.

Dan Punchard:

Don’t think it’s quite Tang enough as you can still see through the mirrors, pull them curtains further forward & get Pearl to sew some tassels on them

1970commer:

Dan Punchard:

Don’t think it’s quite Tang enough as you can still see through the mirrors, pull them curtains further forward & get Pearl to sew some tassels on them

Dan will not see much through the nearside mirror the way it is angled Rob, only his own handsome features! Maybe that’s why it is set like that eh? :sunglasses:

Pete.

It’s what comes with the area Pete ,or have you forgotten ?