Driving without card

I’m sure i’ll be corrected here,but if the driving is to be done within private land,then isn’t the company and or fitters card supposed to be used and the “out of scope” mode selected,as i’m pretty sure i read that the out of scope mode is only available on those cards??

My consistency record on being correct will probably remain intact here…i’m usually wrong! :laughing:

Driving is driving and has to be recorded as such, if even only a part of the journey is on a road to which the public has access.

But a movement which takes place entirely on private land (swapping a trailer in the yard, perhaps) does not count as driving: it’s ‘other work’. It obviously needs to be recorded as such on the digi card of whoever moves the truck. But ‘private’ here does not relate to ownership: it’s whether the public has access. So effectively, the movement has to take place behind a gate or barrier. A privately-owned road on an industrial estate would still be a public road.

The ‘company’ card allows the company to download data and lock data into the tacho so it cannot be viewed by other users (for instance before a hired vehicle is returned).

The ‘workshop’ card allows the tacho to be checked and calibrated etc.

I don’t think it would be reasonable for VOSA to expect an employed driver to account for movements that were recorded by a vehicle’s tachograph when that person was not on duty. If he’s on a rest period he shouldn’t be concerning himself with what might be happening to the truck he’s going to drive the next day. It’s not his truck, he’s not at work, it’s nothing to do with him. If VOSA has a problem then they need to take it up with his employer.

GasGas:
Driving is driving and has to be recorded as such, if even only a part of the journey is on a road to which the public has access.

But a movement which takes place entirely on private land (swapping a trailer in the yard, perhaps) does not count as driving: it’s ‘other work’. It obviously needs to be recorded as such on the digi card of whoever moves the truck. But ‘private’ here does not relate to ownership: it’s whether the public has access. So effectively, the movement has to take place behind a gate or barrier. A privately-owned road on an industrial estate would still be a public road.

The ‘company’ card allows the company to download data and lock data into the tacho so it cannot be viewed by other users (for instance before a hired vehicle is returned).

The ‘workshop’ card allows the tacho to be checked and calibrated etc.

I don’t think it would be reasonable for VOSA to expect an employed driver to account for movements that were recorded by a vehicle’s tachograph when that person was not on duty. If he’s on a rest period he shouldn’t be concerning himself with what might be happening to the truck he’s going to drive the next day. It’s not his truck, he’s not at work, it’s nothing to do with him. If VOSA has a problem then they need to take it up with his employer.

See,i said my consistency record would remain intact…this cleared the nonsense i thought i’d read up nicely! :laughing:

Conor:

DannyDoncaster:
VOSA would only download your card not the tacho head which the driving without card is registered,so they would not know. even if they did download the head its while your on daily rest so nothing to worry about.

Except for the fact that the traffic office has to periodically download the data from the tacho head and upload it…

Very True, but i was speaking from a road side check point of view. That’s why the missing mileage is the companys problem not the driver who’s on a daily rest at home.

SmashedCrabFace:

Harry Monk:
Let me guess. You’ve never once driven a truck outside the UK, right?

Let me guess. That’s your biggest acheivement in life, right?

No, but it does give me a slightly better understanding of law enforcement in mainland Europe than, say, some gobby kid who passed his test five minutes ago.

No offence meant, obviously. :wink:

units parked in front of units. nobody knows what is parked where so when a unit is moved out of the way there is no way of knowing who moved it. the shunters never leave site so presumably they do a lot of shifting units for the guys going out on the road :laughing:

If the vehicle has been moved without a card do a vehicle print out at your start of shift. Use it to cross reference your print out at the end of shift.

Regards SB.

Harry Monk:

SmashedCrabFace:

Harry Monk:

No, but it does give me a slightly better understanding of law enforcement in mainland Europe than, say, some gobby kid who passed his test five minutes ago.

no offence ? are you sure ?

who the ■■■■ do you think you are monk ?

we all know you’ve done the russian bit , so what ?
ive noticed alot of this ■■■■■ recently both on here on on facebook so my question stands who the ■■■■ are you ?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bowser:

Harry Monk:

SmashedCrabFace:

Harry Monk:

who the [zb] do you think you are monk ?

ive noticed alot of this [zb] recently both on here on on facebook so my question stands who the [zb] are you ?

:laughing:

Someone who believes their own hype .

Anyways our trucks get moved in Yard and we, dare I say it go to mainland europe :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

we carry a letter stating who drove vehicle on my rest days to explain missing KMs , although this doesnt

and wont explain the missing distance where someone has moved trucks in yard to get other trucks out , I

have been stopped and never had problem or has anyone else that I now with regard to a few yards missing .

But what do I know :laughing:

PS i have never driven in Russia.

Easter-Star:
:shock: :open_mouth:

bowser:

Harry Monk:

SmashedCrabFace:

Harry Monk:

ive noticed alot of this [zb] recently both on here on on facebook so my question stands who the [zb] are you ?

:laughing:

Someone who believes their own hype .

Anyways our trucks get moved in Yard and we, dare I say it go to mainland europe :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

we carry a letter stating who drove vehicle on my rest days to explain missing KMs , although this doesnt

and wont explain the missing distance where someone has moved trucks in yard to get other trucks out , I

have been stopped and never had problem or has anyone else that I now with regard to a few yards missing .

But what do I know :laughing:

PS i have never driven in Russia.

nor have i , ive also never done M.E but i guess that makes both of us useless …

bowser:

Harry Monk:

SmashedCrabFace:

Harry Monk:

It’s ironic that most irony goes unoticed. :smiley:

image.jpg

image.jpg

No one, not even VOSA know the answers to all the questions concerning Tacho’s, and driver cards.
only this morning In drove a truck without card. It was brand new and I picked it up from the docks and delivered it to the main dealer.
I was of course on trade plates which cover tax and insurance. It will eventually become a 44 tonner, but until it is registered it is not classed as an HGV.
in the past couple of years I have been stopped twice by VOSA, on the first occasion I was waved straight out of the checkpoint, on the second one I was told (by a young feller) I was going to be reported for running illegally, this was two years ago and I am still waiting for the outcome. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

kr79:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

rocky 7:
No one, not even VOSA know the answers to all the questions concerning Tacho’s, and driver cards.
only this morning In drove a truck without card. It was brand new and I picked it up from the docks and delivered it to the main dealer.
I was of course on trade plates which cover tax and insurance. It will eventually become a 44 tonner, but until it is registered it is not classed as an HGV.
in the past couple of years I have been stopped twice by VOSA, on the first occasion I was waved straight out of the checkpoint, on the second one I was told (by a young feller) I was going to be reported for running illegally, this was two years ago and I am still waiting for the outcome. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The tacho probabaly wasn’t even calibrated

Oh, and I think you can stop worrying about the second incident now! :slight_smile:

bowser:

I’m someone who, when he relates something told to him by somebody who he has known for 25 years, and was employed by for 10 years, and has that called into question as a fabrication, considers that person to be a bit of an idiot.

Does that answer your question?

who’s called into question anything you’ve said harry ? me ?

you were once a good laugh on here if a little distant , ohhh you’ve changed really you have …

bowser:

you were once a good laugh on here if a little distant , ohhh you’ve changed really you have …

Life is Change
How it differs from the rocks
I’ve seen their ways too often for my liking
New worlds to gain
My life is to survive
and be alive
for you.

:wink:

Harry Monk:

bowser:

Life is Change
New worlds to gain
My life is to survive
and be alive
for you.

friggin hell harry im just a dumb driver , what the hell you on about ? :open_mouth:

( i didnt correct a spelling mistake :blush: )

bowser:

Harry Monk:

bowser:

Life is Change
New worlds to gain
My life is to survive
and be alive
for you.

friggin hell harry im just a dumb driver , what the hell you on about ? :open_mouth:

( i didnt correct a spelling mistake :blush: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who knows and to be honest who really cares anymore :wink:

fab ! HTH.