Driving with out digi card in

i had a letter off head office tacho department saying on the 13/11/07 they have downloaded the digi tach from the truck, and on that day the truck was driven with out a card, and they have traced it back to me…
well on that day i was driving that truck…BUT this truck is a special truck it is the only manual on our fleet. the truck is also based at bridgwater but on that week that 13/11/07 falls in, it was bought upto our depot for my class 1 training with the chief assesor and trainer for langdons, and we both definatley had our cards in. my manager had rang him and he confirmed that we both had our tachos in…but here is the question, the tacho department have asked me to sign a form saying ive driven with out a card… can i get done for this ?

the truck was driven with out a card, and they have traced it back to me…

How?

it was bought upto our depot for my class 1 training with the chief assesor and trainer for langdons,

As the vehicle was used for training, it MAY be tacho exempt for that purpose - worth checking :bulb: :bulb:

what driver driving what truck is put on the system by transport office every day…

i asked that question and ive been told as it is classed as a working truck they have to have a tacho in…
but we had digi tachos in anyway

stvme2519:
i asked that question and ive been told as it is classed as a working truck they have to have a tacho in…

I might have to check on this as I was doing an ‘on site’ job where I was using a companies’ truck for training (with L plates on) and was told that it was then tacho exempt - Hmmmm … a phone call to DVLA me thinks…

PS just sent e-mails to DVLA & VOSA on this issue

If it keeps them happy, I would just sign the analysis. Im sure VOSA will not be interested for a short assessment.

Stobart use cards, DHL do not, or didnt in my case

ROG:

stvme2519:

I might have to check on this as I was doing an ‘on site’ job where I was using a companies’ truck for training (with L plates on) and was told that it was then tacho exempt - Hmmmm … a phone call to DVLA me thinks…

Rog, check this too.
Can a digital card be issued to a provisional licence holder to learn with?

i held my digi tacho since they came out as i was on class 2 for 6 years, was told that cause the truck as a o licence and is a working truck when it is on class 1 training they have to use the tachos still because the vehicle can not show any uncounted for mileage

wheel nut was not a short assesment was a full days training mate…was on a week training 9 hours a day .and it was one of those days

did anyone wonder yesturday if the Dig tacho would allow for the 29th feb and adjust the calendar accordingly, or jump from 28/2 - 1/3
I know I did

I know the answer btw

and the answer is
your truck proposed :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

ROG:

stvme2519:

Rog, check this too.

Does the digi form have a section on it where you have to put your licence info? I’ve never had one so I don’t know.

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

ROG:

stvme2519:

Rog, check this too.

Does the digi form have a section on it where you have to put your licence info? I’ve never had one so I don’t know.

It uses your driver number, so I just wondered if you could get a chicken before an egg :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

ROG:

stvme2519:

Rog, check this too.

It uses your driver number, so I just wondered if you could get a chicken before an egg :stuck_out_tongue:

I would GUESS yes but I’ll e-mail and check

Wheel Nut:
If it keeps them happy, I would just sign the analysis. Im sure VOSA will not be interested for a short assessment.

Stobart use cards, DHL do not, or didnt in my case

Do not under any circumstances sign something that could be used to prove your guilt.
If you have a witness saying you and your assesor had your cards in then it is up to the powers that be to prove you didn’t.

HAIRYGORILLA:
and the answer is

it did cross my mind wether it would have the correct date, but wasn`t able to check till I stopped at thurrock services and pull a print off to look

A few answers, in no particular order;

I wouldn’t sign any form unless it was proved ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ that I had done what the analysis suggested. The event ‘driving without a card’ from the VU events & faults file will have a date & time the event started and how long it lasted, also the number of km covered. Is the time anywhere near the time you were driving the vehicle? A vehicle only needs to be moved a few meters for ‘driving without a card’ to be recorded, assuming there was no driver card in the VU at the time. This could quite easily be explained by the shunter moving the vehicle from one parking place to another between shifts where the vehicle was on the road.

Assessment drives are not tacho exempt (digital or analogue) if you drive on a road open to the public.

Driving a vehicle in order to obtain a driving licence or a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is exempt from EU drivers Hours provided that no commercial load is carried and the vehicle stays within the UK. There is nothing stopping you taking a loaded vehicle out to do deliveries whilst using ‘L’ plates provided you have; a suitable observer, the correct provisional entitlement and use a tacho and obey EU drivers hours rules. There is nothing in law to say that vehicles on an O-licence cannot have missing mileage (not recorded on chart or driver card), this occurs regularly with vehicles operating under Domestic Hours; they have an O-licence (unless exempt) but use a ‘log book’ so there will be no driver card / tacho chart.
If you want the full derogation from Community Drivers Hours and Recording Equipment Regulations 2007 (SI 1819/2007) Section 7 (1) & (2) it says;

7.–(1) Any vehicle which is being used for driving instruction and examination with a view to
obtaining a driving licence or certificate of professional competence.
(2) A vehicle does not fall within the description specified in this paragraph if the vehicle or any
trailer or semi-trailer drawn by it is being used for the commercial carriage of goods or passengers.

You do not have to have a ‘Vocational Entitlement’ (an LGV or PSV licence) to obtain a digital driver card. The minimum group you need is; B as this includes a vehicle with a maximum permitted mass up to and including 3 500kg drawing a trailer up to permitted maximum mass 750 kg. This combination, imagine a transit van drawing a single axle trailer, requires a tacho unless otherwise exempt.

Hope this helps.

Wheel Nut:

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

ROG:

stvme2519:

Rog, check this too.

Yes you can get digi card on a provisional as I have had a couple of trainees turn up with them even before they have done a theory test

geebee45:
The event ‘driving without a card’ from the VU events & faults file will have a date & time the event started and how long it lasted, also the number of km covered. Is the time anywhere near the time you were driving the vehicle?

I was going to say something similar. It’s on the printout, if you took one.

The line “--------!xA---------” is the heading for the list of “faults that are recorded in the vehicle unit”. (the “A” is actually a wierd symbol that looks a bit like an “A”, but is supposed to look like a truck end-on)

Each line which starts ! is a record for “driving without card”. This should be dated and timed. The symbol is a circle with a dot in the middle, and is a black rectangle, with a smaller white rectangle inside at the top.