Driving with a learner? Rog could answer this!

If there is a learner driving a 7.5 ton truck who has the prov licence for c ,what are the requirements for the other person beside him. i.e. If the Supervisor has the C can they supervise a c1 learner if they hold the C license for less than 3 years. My guess is that the supervisor needs to hold it for 3 years.

The supervisor needs to have held a C1 for at least 3 years as this is the category of vehicle being driven. Obviously if they have a full C this would cover them, but again it would need to be at least 3 years old.

Just as i thought Thanks.

to add - apart from the obvious L plates that must be fitted to the front and rear, the insurance has to cover the truck for a Learner under supervision - a lot don’t check this out :open_mouth: :exclamation:

Another thing is - can the supervising driver see clearly down the offside of the truck from the passenger seat :question: :question:

Am I right in thinking that a person who has C1 by grandfather rights cannot or soon will not be able to accompany a C1 learner? Or was I only dreaming it some time ago?

Smart Mart:
Am I right in thinking that a person who has C1 by grandfather rights cannot or soon will not be able to accompany a C1 learner? Or was I only dreaming it some time ago?

I think you did dream it :laughing: :laughing:

You could be thinking about the D1 on grandfather rights - cannot supervise a learner on minibus as not got PCV, which it now is.