Driving Too Close - Tailgating and Intimidating Cars

Just wanted to see the playback from my new camera so I’ve uploaded this as it’s the only relatively interesting thing that I’ve seen since I started using it.
It seems all too common on this stretch of road.
youtu.be/SwU1dRYMjRc

I’ve seen werse but what a totally unrelaxing way to drive a truck, sit back and enjoy the countryside.

Good quality camera mate :smiley:

A rear facing camera and a letter to waitrose, and someone could get a pretty penny… Or some free shopping :grimacing:

Wtf are you drivin man?? I thought ye were a bad mother trucker??

Big Al the frying scotsman:
Wtf are you drivin man?? I thought ye were a bad mother trucker??

Sorry but this ■■■■ WTD bollox means I’m occasionally forced to take a day off. Just as a two finger salut to the EU muppets I go and drive up and down motorways for 9 hours anyway.

And as for the camera G6 Bob :wink:

I think you just nicked a old xr3i to recapture your youth. Or was it a nova??

Way to go, if you’re trying to get that fella the sack.

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

Wow

fascinating.

Shocking behaviour and no excuse for this nonsense. Yes it can be annoying if your happily tootling through the roadworks at 50mph then come across a slower vehicle whos speedo may not be as accurate or who heaven forbid may want to go slower, but we have a duty of care, not to mention setting an example by keeping a safe distance to the vehicle in front.

E-mail sent to Waitrose demanding action, poor driving examples from other supermarkets are available. :wink:

so you sat along side him so even if he wanted to pass he couldn’t …maybe the car driver was playing silly buggers earlier :unamused:

nick2008:
so you sat along side him so even if he wanted to pass he couldn’t …maybe the car driver was playing silly buggers earlier :unamused:

No excuse, probably a 7.5t weight limit in the outer lane, lack of other HGV’s in the outer lane gives a clue to this as well as the sign.

Noticed towards the end of the vid he / she gave up this stupidity and retired to a safer distance so I will let them off this once.

I didnt sit alongside as I was doing the speed limit = 40mph as was the Zafira. 6’6" width restriction in lane 2 so he’s prohibited from using it even if I wasn’t there and the only reason he backed off was due to the fact we started going up a gradient.

How does the camera move to the side? Isn’t it a fixed dashcam?

nick2008:
maybe the car driver was playing silly buggers earlier :unamused:

So what?

The professional driver should rise above it and keep things safe. If the car driver was being an arse intentionally i’d say there would be a fair chance of a brake check, so ever more reason to keep your distance!

I thought Waitrose employed the best of the best? :unamused:

On the M5/6 i see trucks behind cars by a few inches in the road works narrow lanes average speed check.Not sure what they are trying to achieve by driving like that.

isaac hunt:
Way to go, if you’re trying to get that fella the sack.

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

I am sure Waitrose would be thrilled to see their name plastered all over the side of an outfit driven by that muppet. :frowning:

rob22888:

nick2008:
maybe the car driver was playing silly buggers earlier :unamused:

So what?

The professional driver should rise above it and keep things safe. If the car driver was being an arse intentionally i’d say there would be a fair chance of a brake check, so ever more reason to keep your distance!

I thought Waitrose employed the best of the best? :unamused:

And all the more reason not to run along side the muppets!!

Waitrose and M&S drivers have a say on how the firm is run.You are a respected member of a large group.
Good perks and well paid.

nick2008:

Yes, and filming from such an angle to make the gap look small but whenever he moves to the front of the lorry the gap looks ok. Some chica drove up alongside my lorry and drag of straw on the A303 last week, me looking in my mirrors saw the passenger filming with a phone as she came to the back of the lorry, I informed her it was 2 o clock. Get a ■■■■■■■ life I should think.