Driving Job You'd Never Do?

For me, taxis (listening to grannies whinge about their ailments, taking mad kids to school, cleaning up sick early Sunday morning)
Continental work ((zb) sleeping in a lorry cab all week)
concrete mixers (start at 7am, work until 9.30pm as happened to one of our drivers),
billboard vans (how boring, drive up and down the same bit of road, stop for 3 hours, then drive again)

are you sure you’re inthe right job? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Delivering through front doors of shops on busy high streets, only done it a couple of times and its a constant battle parking and then Joe public getting in the way . :imp:

Any where I would get dirty , including tippers , also where I would have to chase my arse all day :open_mouth: ,
removals is for me ," ruddy doddle" :laughing:

Tipper work. Did a week on agency once. What a depressing experience that was. :wink:

Oh and if I never drive a coach with a load of women on a hen party or even worse a load of boozed up arrogant city boys again it’ll be too soon.

Never fancied driving a cement mixer if it sets you have to get in the drum with a jack hammer ■■■■ that.
Tarmac tipper done one night never again.
Bus driver unless I could taser stroppy passengers.

container work, too boring
taxis, id prob be put in jail for murder
bus driver, see reason above
tippers. too boring

Oh any job that involves double manning I’m far to anti social :smiley:

I like tippers, dont like shop deliveries or delivering to pubs.Oh,dont like linen or workwear rental work either.

Taking animals to the Slaughterhouse, just couldn’t bring myself to do it although I do like a good bit of steak. Every time I go past one of those lorry’s I keep wondering if those buggers know what’s in store for them

Hookloaders, used to spend all day between base and landfill. Bad times.
Refuse wagons on trade waste, not good getting splattered with restaraunt swill at 4/5 in the morning. Worse times!

Paul-H:
Taking animals to the Slaughterhouse, just couldn’t bring myself to do it although I do like a good bit of steak. Every time I go past one of those lorry’s I keep wondering if those buggers know what’s in store for them

OH THEY DO :cry:

Muckaway:
For me, taxis (listening to grannies whinge about their ailments, taking mad kids to school, cleaning up sick early Sunday morning)

Drive a taxi on the night shift and you’ll get more offers of ■■■ than you could possibly handle… that young lady on her way back from the nightclub who has been on the pull but failed knows she is drinking in the Last Chance Saloon :wink:

And as for continental work, I doubt you would find anyone who has done UK work and continental work who would ever prefer UK work.

gogzy:
container work, too boring
taxis, id prob be put in jail for murder
bus driver, see reason above
tippers. too boring

On most tipper firms you don’t have time to get bored :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Can’t think of any I would’nt do if I had too but van driving multidrop the kind where you have 80 drops in 1 square mile (tnt) gotta be my least favourite.

Multidrop in central London. Done it once, not again. Currently got a job delivering ‘contemporary furniture’ to expensive new builds and restorations. Most of it is around London which I’m getting used to. It’s only a 7.5 tonner but its still very tight to get into some of the building sites.

kr79:

htc headset.jpg
Works for me.

Coffeeholic:

kr79:

Works for me.

Poor jimboy… :frowning:

Paul-H:

good job some of us do it then, otherwise you’d be living on beans and lentils :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

kr79:
Tarmac tipper done one night never again.

You really stuck at that then didnt you! :slight_smile: Cant beat it, plenty of breaks, plenty of hours in plus no rushing about. :sunglasses:
Couldnt do the animal job, or bus/taxi driving, tipper’s are all I know. :cry:

Pete.