Driving in France

I see on here drivers who live and work in France, if I wanted to could I work for a transport firm in France on my licence or would I have to take a test etc. no politics just wondered how they ended up driving over there.

If your living here you can drive for a French firm on your UK license but if you are living in France I think you need to exchange to a French one after a certain period of time no test involved

Cheers, I just wondered how it was thanks.

Can you explain how a driver could work in France but live in the Uk? That’s a BIG commute. Scuse my ignorance, I rarely step foot out of the new and wannabees bit.

Guess it would be like living in cornwall and working on the beet campaign in Norfolk, not much difference in distance.

instantKarma:
Can you explain how a driver could work in France but live in the Uk? That’s a BIG commute. Scuse my ignorance, I rarely step foot out of the new and wannabees bit.

Live in the Dover area, work for a company around Calais, less than 1 hour commute.

Once worked with someone on supermarket work in north west who lived in Spain.

I’ve loved all over the place too but never worked in a supermarket

I live in Norfolk, and drove this

Work in France and come to the UK once a week and claim benefits…sorted.

LASHHGV:
Once worked with someone on supermarket work in north west who loved in Spain.

Loved■■? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Catman your obviously an innocent…‘loved’…visited many establishments of excellent repute at the end of a busy day.

chester1:
If your living here you can drive for a French firm on your UK license but if you are living in France I think you need to exchange to a French one after a certain period of time no test involved

A British license is fine, no need to change it, even if you live in France.

Armagedon:
Work in France and come to the UK once a week and claim benefits…sorted.

You are better off doing the other way around ! Benefits in France are 3 times more !

I know a couple of guy’s who live in the Midlands & work for a Belgian company. They’ve worked there years already.

Craig 111:

chester1:

I concur with Craig, I live and work here on an UK licence. No need to change it, but you will have to when it runs out ie medical.

I am in the process of changing, I deposited the papers with the prefecture in August, he told me it would take 6 - 9 months for the card to arrive, I’m still waiting

Driver cards should be valid too, logically, but sometimes logic doesn’t work in France :smiley:

Tim85:

Craig 111:

chester1:

I concur with Craig, I live and work here on an UK licence. No need to change it, but you will have to when it runs out ie medical.

I am in the process of changing, I deposited the papers with the prefecture in August, he told me it would take 6 - 9 months for the card to arrive, I’m still waiting

Driver cards should be valid too, logically, but sometimes logic doesn’t work in France :smiley:

I stand corrected. only need to change it when it expires (45 for the 1st time) I wonder how it will effect your didgi card as that expires after 5 years to wether you will need to do the lot

Do they have agency work in France like the uk ? A couple of days a week in sw France sounds very nice.

Odd days:
Do they have agency work in France like the uk ?

Yes

I did 4 years on a French firm, all they did was load you back to the UK so you got home with the truck ,
Then after that i did 5 years on a belgium company And on the odd time they didn’t have a load to get you back home then they would give you a pool car and a ferry crossing so you could get home .