Driving in a warzone

Had a discussion with a friend of mine tonight and he asked me if I would go and drive a civiy truck in places like Iraq to which I answered “I thought only the army did that?” Then it dawned on me, the army can’t cope with that amount of deliverers etc so why wouldn’t they out-source to hauliers here.

So I ask you lot, are there British hauliers that work in places like Iraq and how does one get involved in that?

I’d say it all depends on how fond you are of still having your head attached to the top of your torso. If your not to fussed i’d say “crack-on drive”

Guessing by your location - have you been talking to Dave?
There is an American company, I can’t remember off the name off the top of my head, you sign a contract for a year at a time. It looks really interesting, I’m considering it if another job doesn’t come through.

I’d be tempted but the mrs would give me hell :confused:

FTX are the ‘civvy’ company who moves tanks out there, though you have to sign up as a reservist!

If you were meaning doing your normal job but over there, from my experience in Iraq it was mostly drivers from the neighbouring countries who would come in with supplies for military camps under armed military guard.

Everything else went on as normal!

One would have to be pretty retarded to go anywhere near that part of the world these days, especially as an infidel.

I remember an advert for drivers to go to the Balkens in the late 1990s during the conflict. It was a private company but they “welcome applications from former service personnel”
I applied even though I’m not former forces, it was something like a grand a week in your hand. Never heard anything but it got me thinking.
Another thing is logistics, the word I think originally meant the supply chain to the forces. Now it’s used by every body for anything.

read the headline on this and though it was another post about the M60 road works

Latique:
read the headline on this and though it was another post about the M60 road works

Hahaha class

menace1:
I’d say it all depends on how fond you are of still having your head attached to the top of your torso. If your not to fussed i’d say “crack-on drive”

you just answered exactly what I was going to say,if drivers fancy going over there they gamble with their lives simple as that,after reading about james foley and steven sotloff anyone thinking of going there are welcome to it

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8544

read this thread… classic… make sure you have plenty of time to read it.

robbiminator:
One would have to be pretty retarded to go anywhere near that part of the world these days, especially as an infidel.

agree with that 100 per cent

KBR used send drivers to Iraq on fuel tankers and general haulage under armed ■■■■■■ convoys.
They trained you in Texas for a few months.

Worked in Iraq for 4 years with KBR doing fuel convoys.

You went out to Houston for 2 weeks for processing/training, then straight out to Camp Anaconda approx 80 miles north of Baghdad for your driver training which included Convoy drills, Classroom work, Reversing test and vehicle familarisation as they had a variety of units from US militart generals to Up-armored Mercedes Actros.

After you finished all that you then joined TTM as a driver but you had to complete 2 missions under supervision. 1 as a passenger and 1 with a trainer which could take a couple of weeks due to workload and a lot of ■■■■■■■■!

You then either stayed at Anaconda or got shipped out to another base.

I did much of my time at Camp Cedar running fuel that was bought in from Kuwait by other companies.

KBR did all the transport and a lot of other work for the US goverment in Iraq and run the accomodation in Basra for the British.

They won the contract in Afghanistan but the tranpsort side wasn’t on the scale of Iraq.

One from the comedy gods. :laughing:

stuh:
Worked in Iraq for 4 years with KBR doing fuel convoys.

You went out to Houston for 2 weeks for processing/training, then straight out to Camp Anaconda approx 80 miles north of Baghdad for your driver training which included Convoy drills, Classroom work, Reversing test and vehicle familarisation as they had a variety of units from US militart generals to Up-armored Mercedes Actros.

After you finished all that you then joined TTM as a driver but you had to complete 2 missions under supervision. 1 as a passenger and 1 with a trainer which could take a couple of weeks due to workload and a lot of [zb]!

You then either stayed at Anaconda or got shipped out to another base.

I did much of my time at Camp Cedar running fuel that was bought in from Kuwait by other companies.

KBR did all the transport and a lot of other work for the US goverment in Iraq and run the accomodation in Basra for the British.

They won the contract in Afghanistan but the tranpsort side wasn’t on the scale of Iraq.

just like doing dcpc then

Watch a beheading video on Strangeland 6.0 and then tell me a grand or two a week`s worth the risk. :open_mouth:

Know a guy did it few years back
Got quite high up and lead driver etc

He been retired in Thailand now for a good 5/6 years or more
No mortgage etc and enough money to live on
He only in his fifties now

Ballax to that …it’s bad enough going into London !!! :laughing:

Except you have missed the boat with Iraq and Afghanistan all done now with regards to Western boots on the ground anyway. If u fancy goin “local” am sure they would have jobs for u :slight_smile: