driving hours.

hi need some advice on driving hours i work in a warehouse driving a fork truck i work a conti shift 12 hour shifts.
4 days on 4 days of days and nights. so my question is how many days would i be allowed to drive on my 4 days of i have a class 2 licence.

Two days driving one week, and one day the following week. Then alternating in this pattern.

You cannot work 6 days a week consistently, because you must have a weekly rest of 45 hours at least every other week. You can take a reduced weekly rest in the other week but will need to make up the missed rest time within four weeks.

Hope that is reasonably clear.

Somebody please correct me if i’m wrong.

kentman119:
4 days on 4 days of days and nights. so my question is how many days would i be allowed to drive on my 4 days of i have a class 2 licence.

As long as you have at least 45 hours off in one go every other week abd at least 24 hours off in one go every week then you are ok

A week is Mon 0000 to Sun 2400 and any weekly rest that is in both weeks (includes Sunday midnight) can be in either week but not in both

In a week (Mon 0000 to Sun 2400) where you come under EU regs you must record the other work you did in that week for your other job.
It can recorded on a digi or analogue card - if analogue card then a seperate card must be used for each day/shift that you worked in the non driving job with your name, date, start & finish time on it.

thanks for the feedback. the driving i do is not the same company its a agency
to record the other work i do can i put this on my time sheet
the agency supply.

kentman119:
to record the other work i do can i put this on my time sheet

No - The ‘other work’ that you do MUST be recorded on either a digi or analogue card

if i get some analogue tachographs can i write on this the hours i have done
for the other work + breaks. sorry about all the questions iam new to this.

WildGoose:
You cannot work 6 days a week consistently

Not quite true for a 4 on 4 off shift pattern plus 2 days driving under EU regs

Sat sun - off - week 1 rest
mon tue wed thu fri sat - work
sun mon - off - week 2 rest
tue wed thu fri sat sun - work
mon tue - off - week 3 rest
wed thu fri sat sun mon - work
tue wed - week 4 rest
thu fri sat sun mon tue - work
wed thu - week 5 rest
etc etc

This can go on for some many weeks and has a full weekly rest at the end of every set of 6 days/shifts

I am fairly sure that more driving days could be put into the mix above but I cannot remember if the other work days under the WTD count as part of the max 6 periods of 24 hours under the EU regs :blush:

thanks for the info i will try and get my head round this.

ROG:
…I cannot remember if the other work days under the WTD count as part of the max 6 periods of 24 hours under the EU regs :blush:

Think about why he has to have a record (chart/printout/,manual entry) of those days for the EU Driver’s Hours Regulations and there’s your answer.

There’s so much of this thing going on just ingnore the WTD and fill your boots

alix776:
There’s so much of this thing going on just ingnore the WTD and fill your boots

As long as he opts out of the regular folks WTD for his main job it won’t be an issue for him, the hours he will do driving won’t come anywhere near the limits for our WTD.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
…I cannot remember if the other work days under the WTD count as part of the max 6 periods of 24 hours under the EU regs :blush:

Think about why he has to have a record (chart/printout/,manual entry) of those days for the EU Driver’s Hours Regulations and there’s your answer.

So would I be correct in saying that as long as the weekly rest requirements are met in the case that the OP states, the days worked in total does not matter :question:

EXAMPLE -
work in normal job sun mon tue wed
drive thu fri sat
off sun (reduced weekly rest)
work in normal job mon tue wed thu
drive fri sat
off sun mon (full weekly rest)

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

So would I be correct in saying that as long as the weekly rest requirements are met in the case that the OP states, the days worked in total does not matter :question:

That sort of contradicts itself does it not? The regs are never about which days, or how many days, you work on are they?

ROG:
EXAMPLE -
work in normal job sun mon tue wed
drive thu fri sat

Might not be legal, it would depend what time he started on the Sunday and finished on the Saturday. Remember the 144 hours thing?

Coffeeholic:
Might not be legal, it would depend what time he started on the Sunday and finished on the Saturday. Remember the 144 hours thing?

That’s what I was alluding to -
Whether that rule still applied if the other job was WTD and opted out of :question:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

That’s what I was alluding to -
Whether that rule still applied if the other job was WTD and opted out of :question:

What has the 144 hours rule got to do with the WTD? That is a Driver’s Hours Regulations requirement.

The OP’s question is a tacho rules question so best not to go confusing it with the WTD eh? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

A weekly rest period shall start no later than at the end of six 24-hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest period.

So if a weekly rest period was taken before the 144 started then one would be needed but if the previous week did not come under EU regs then any amount of time could be worked before taking a weekly rest period providing that a weekly rest (reduced or full) is in the week where the driver did come under EU regs :question:

Work in Macdonalds from Mon to Sun and from Mon to fri then drive on Sat with sun off - legal?

ROG:
Work in Macdonalds from Mon to Sun and from Mon to fri then drive on Sat with sun off - legal?

No.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

No.

Why not?
Not being funny - just trying to learn

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

No.

Why not?
Not being funny - just trying to learn

i would say that there being no weekly rest the example shows working for 13 days

it states in the EU regs that you can work for 6x24 hour periods between weekly rests, that would be a lot more hours there

delboytwo:
i would say that there being no weekly rest the example shows working for 13 days

it states in the EU regs that you can work for 6x24 hour periods between weekly rests, that would be a lot more hours there

that’s my poimt -
The week prior is not under EU regs at all so a weekly rest does not need to be recorded
The second week is Under EU regs and is a max of six days before a weekly rest is taken

As it does not seem to break the ‘between weekly rests’ regulation does that mean it is ok?