driving hours.

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
Work in Macdonalds from Mon to Sun and from Mon to fri then drive on Sat with sun off - legal?

No.

Why not?
Not being funny - just trying to learn

I really can’t be arsed getting into this with you, covering stuff which has been done hundreds of times before on here, while you go off on more and more irrelevant stuff. The OP’s question was a simple one which has already been complicated far more than it needed to be.

ROG:

delboytwo:
i would say that there being no weekly rest the example shows working for 13 days

it states in the EU regs that you can work for 6x24 hour periods between weekly rests, that would be a lot more hours there

that’s my poimt -
The week prior is not under EU regs at all so a weekly rest does not need to be recorded
The second week is Under EU regs and is a max of six days before a weekly rest is taken

As it does not seem to break the ‘between weekly rests’ regulation does that mean it is ok?

how can it be OK, if you read the guide its clearly states at 144 hours a rest must be taken, so if the driver is working in a week on EU regs was there a rest of 24 hours or more going back 144 hours, in your post the example shown he worked 13 consecutive days before a rest that being no rest was taken for that period

Work in Macdonalds from Mon to Sun (if you have said this Mon to Sat then that fine) and from Mon to fri then drive on Sat with sun off - legal?

Where does it say that a weekly rest has to be recorded in a week where no driving under EU regs was done ?

It does clearly state that only a certain amount (144 hours) can be done between weekly rests but there is no weekly rest for the above so how does that work?

ROG:
Where does it say that a weekly rest has to be recorded in a week where no driving under EU regs was done ?

It does clearly state that only a certain amount (144 hours) can be done between weekly rests but there is no weekly rest for the above so how does that work?

the regs say this

A weekly rest period shall start no later than at the end of six
24-hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest
period.

in you example was the a weekly rest 6x24 hour period back, no there was not your example had the worker working 13 consecutive days

also in the regs there this

‘weekly rest period’ means the weekly period during
which a driver may freely dispose of his time and covers
a ‘regular weekly rest period’ and a ‘reduced weekly rest
period’:

– ‘regular weekly rest period’ means any period of rest
of at least 45 hours,
– ‘reduced weekly rest period’ means any period of
rest of less than 45 hours, which may, subject to the
conditions laid down in Article 8(6), be shortened
to a minimum of 24 consecutive hours;

so looking at it do you think that the driver in your example as taken a weekly rest, in the 13 days of work to comply with the 6x24 hour periods, the driver in your example as not had a week rest for 13 days

when a driver do not work under EU or domestic regs in a week for the the driver could be on holiday, work as a barman or what ever there like to do the point of the regs is to say you can work 6x24 hour periods between rest if the driver worked as a barman Mon to sun there was no rest in that week and then start is driving job again for him to be within in the regs, at least 24 hours rest would be required before he goes to work

Del, this driver gets stopped by Vosa and they ask to see his recorded weekly rest periods but he has none for the previous week as he did not have to record anything as he was not under EU regs for that week - would VOSA prosecute the driver?

ROG:
Del, this driver gets stopped by Vosa and they ask to see his recorded weekly rest periods but he has none for the previous week as he did not have to record anything as he was not under EU regs for that week - would VOSA prosecute the driver?

there could if there so wished its down to them to prove it, not for you to, as a driver working 13 consecutive day without a rest is IMHO unsafe and that why the EU regs limits the number of 24 hour periods between rests

and if the driver wants, there have a choice to say that there had a rest, again it down to vosa to find proof that he was not on rest

On 4 on 4 off days AND nights, doesn’t that also affect the hours you can work (night worker WTD)■■

Personally, I would probably ‘forget’ about the other work, keep tachos for all the driving work and if stopped that’s all the work I’ve done ossifer :stuck_out_tongue:

waynedl:
On 4 on 4 off days AND nights, doesn’t that also affect the hours you can work (night worker WTD)

Doesn’t affect the 48 hour average 60 hour maximum per week, only the amount of work (10 hours) in the night shifts. There may also be an opt out in place for the night work.

just a question on the night work in the other job i do.

i see how it works when i do days work 4 days drive 2 days 2 days rest etc.

how would the night shifs work out work fri sat sun mon finsh tue morning can not drive that day.
so does that mean i can only drive the wed. thur fri rest start other job sat.

can one week be reduced rest.?

kentman119:
just a question on the night work in the other job i do.

i see how it works when i do days work 4 days drive 2 days 2 days rest etc.

how would the night shifs work out work fri sat sun mon finsh tue morning can not drive that day.
so does that mean i can only drive the wed. thur fri rest start other job sat.

can one week be reduced rest.?

MY ANSWER HERE :slight_smile: