Driving hours put simple?

Right can someone list here nice and easy driving hours laws. What you can drive in a week/fortnight, per day, breaks you need to take inbetween etc ■■? Im going to be doing my training soon im just trying to learn a bit about it to get used to it. Seen the odd post on here but find it real confusing! Haha Thanks. :laughing:

gov.uk/government/publicati … le-drivers

You can drive a maximum of 90hrs in 2 weeks so you can do 56 one week and 34 the following week or just keep it simple and do 45hrs driving a week

You can drive 4.5hrs then you need to take a 45 min brake You can do this in one go ie take the full 45 min or you can have a 15 min brake followed by a 30 min but never the other way round like have a 30 min break then a 15 but only after u take a 45 min break will your driving time reset to 0

You can drive 9hrs per day but you can extend that to 10hrs 3 times a week

Working time directive break time you have to have a 15 min break after been on duty for 6hrs but if you are working over 6hrs you have to take an other 15 mins break before the end of your shift and if your working over 9hrs in a day you have to an other 15 min break before the end of your shift so if your shift is between 6 to 9hrs a 30 min break is needed but if it’s over 9hrs you need to take a 45 min break

Now your driving time breaks count towards your working time breaks to so if you reach 4.5hrs driving before the 6 hrs and you take a 45 min break that’s the wtd breaks covererd but say you start work at what ever time if you was sat in the yard for 4 hrs and you set off you will need to take a 15 min break in 2 hrs for the wtd that’s were it can catch you out when your new to it cause you have 4.5hrs driving and people forget about the 6hr working time rule so just remember that tried explain as easy as I could lol don’t worry it will come

Just to add to that… The extended 10 hours is between Monday to Sunday. Daily rest reductions are between weekly rest periods

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

samledger1212:
You can drive 9hrs per day but you can extend that to 10hrs 3 times a week

2 times only.

OP if you search posts by user “muckles” he posted a link to a word document he created on this topic. It was clear, concise, and fit on a couple of sides of A4. It wasn’t long ago, certainly this year.

Don’t worry I know it all seems confusing at first but with the excellent help of all the experienced and very helpful guys on here you’ll soon get to grips with it when you need it. I was terrified of ballsing all the regs up when I 1st started a few weeks back but all the helpful posts on here soon sorted me out :slight_smile: although I have my digital card I drive an analogue tacho vehicle and find its a bit more of a challenge keeping track of everything so I use this app called trucker timer. Now I don’t rely on it by any means but it does help to keep track of everything. Ryan

Thanks for replys been out all day so only now reading them!

See if this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=123738&p=1924193#p1924193

samledger1212:
… You can drive 9hrs per day but you can extend that to 10hrs 3 times a week …

Sam, that’s a typo… right?

dieseldave:

samledger1212:

Sam, that’s a typo… right?

Confused with the daily rest reduction, which is 3 times per fortnight.

The truth is some drivers won’t hit all the limits. I’ve done 9+ hours driving once. Wolverhampton to Royal Tunbridge Wells and back. The probably got as far as 25 hours in one week. Biggest ones are the 4.5 hours driving (EU rules) and the WTD break rules.

This is the topic by muckles mentioned

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=134561&p=2111013&hilit=Hours#p2111013

Found it useful myself in getting up to speed

htmldude:

dieseldave:

samledger1212:

Isn’t it 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods, not per fortnight?

cman:

htmldude:

Yes it is, you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between 2 weekly rest periods, you can have two 10 driving shifts a week.

Ye was ment to be 2 I was hanging out me arse when I wrote it hang over from hell

tachograph:

cman:

htmldude:

Yes it is, you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between 2 weekly rest periods, you can have two 10 driving shifts a week.

That’s still a fortnight from your any weekly rest you pick.

htmldude:

tachograph:

cman:

htmldude:

is it ? …

sat + sun = regular weekly rest
mon tue wed = reduced daily rest
thu = reduced weekly rest
fri sat sun = reduced daily rest
mon = reduced weekly rest
tue wed thu = reduced daily rest
fri = regular daily rest

9 reduced daily rests in 2 weeks (fortnight) and that could be done all the time

htmldude:

tachograph:

No it’s not a fortnight, as ROG has pointed out if you had a weekly rest period mid week it’s possible to have 6 reduced daily rest periods in a week.

The rule is a maximum of 3 reduced daily rest periods between 2 weekly rest periods.

htmldude:

I was only asking, I wasn’t sure myself :laughing:

I always thought it was 3 reduced daily rest a week a max of 3 15 hrs a week of course ya have to keep an eye on youre 60 hour week, rather than 3 every two weeks correct be if I’m wrong please

Horley:
I always thought it was 3 reduced daily rest a week a max of 3 15 hrs a week of course ya have to keep an eye on youre 60 hour week, rather than 3 every two weeks correct be if I’m wrong please

Reduced daily rest = max 3 between any two weekly rests (24+ off)