Driving for EU registered company

In brief.

All countries have their own driving tests and DCPC tests etc.
They all recognise each others qualifications.
When we were in the EU we recognised all of their quals and they recognised ours.

But some do, and some do not now recognise the UK qualifications, although we do recognise all (I think) of theirs.

From inside the EU, all EU countries look the same.
From outside they all look different.

You missing the point. I just explained the situation. Do not need to comment if you are not willing to contribute.

If you have an EU passport, just approach any company in the country of your choice.

If you have a UK passport, it is an uphill struggle.
Driving licence and DCPC is the least of your worries.

You’re missing the point: it’s a discussion forum, people are free to comment as long as they stay within the guidelines, deal with it.

AFAIAC your initial post marks you out as someone who lives under a bridge waiting for the three Billy goats Gruff,

Yes you correct on that, but strangely those Countries willing to exchange UK CPC does not provide a separate card, instead they put a 95 code on the license so license must be exchanged too and being an UK resident that is not doable.

The countries issue a separate card to proof the qualification requires a complate course retake.

Well I got both Passports and still worried about the DCPC, because as far as I know currently I can work either an UK firm or an EU firm and I really wish the benefit of both.

Which would show that the country is prepared to accept the UK qual, but by not issuing an EU card are not “forcing” other EU countries to accept it.

One has a driving licence in the country of residence
There are laws allowing cross-border working within the EU. One can live in France and work in Germany for instance.
Obviously the UK is no longer in the EU so those rules do not apply.

i know when i go to Belgium i need an international driving permit that last 5 years i think. when i have gone to the post office for one they just stamp what ever categories i have on my uk license. If that would let me drive a lorry over there i have no idea.

so to take this to an extreme i could do an hours training in say france and have the qualification recognized in germany even though they require 100 hours training

It used to be that you could do 35hrs attendance on a UK DCPC and be qualified in France or Germany, both of which might have proper courses.
When we were in the EU the UK licence and card could be exchanged for one of any EU country where you were moving to.

On top of all that you have to allow for the fact that not everyone’s brains work very well. I was stopped at 3 in the morning in Cornwall and the copper looked at my French EU licence and said ‘you don’t have a licence, everyone driving in England must have an English driving licence’. He had already strained his brain after accusing me of doing 85 mph and then suddenly remembering that a fast moving sports car had passed me as we both went under the bridge he was sitting on. Now I could see the cogs wirring slowly when I said ‘does that mean no foreign tourists are allowed to driver here anymore, that’ll put a deadener on the ferry companies then’.

After half an hour of this, in the pouring rain, I was allowed to proceed. :rofl:

Probably he was a new recruit and confused the guidance :slight_smile: You cannot drive UK reg car with EU license

It seems I am screwed

Daresay not impossible, but certainly not easy.
Dutch etc companies can easily employ from any EU country, or with extra problems, from the UK.

Well, I do not let it go so easy. Once I figured out the solution I will update this post. Maybe there are some other guys like me who like to be spoon fed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i guess the answer is go find a country that has an easy /cheap course and take it.

From previous posts @limalex doesn’t want to move abroad and change their driving licence, so how would it work to retake an EU DCPC with a UK licence?

But anyway, why would you assume that EU countries are busier than the UK this time of the year?
No harvest, no christmas rush, no need to import temp workers?

i don’t assume anything i have no interest in working in the eu. I don’t speak a foreign language or at least well enough to work in a different country. If i did want to i would take a drive down to dover or folkstone and look for the british company’s that are going over.

he can drive for a uk company abroad but has said he only wants to drive for a dutch or german company. if he needs a eu cpc and license then his only option is to get one. However as any cpc is excepted as long as its an ey one it makes sense to go and find the easiest source… im sure there are a few “post office boxes” about if he needs an address in that country

I have heard the Fly By Night drivers doing the course in Ireland, but is the UK tacho and license accepted with the Irish qualification?

I guess it would be easier to change my residency. I will ask the agency If they would accept EU driver cards.

info from friends. Constant work and 1000+ take home weekly

Then they are the best ones to talk to. They know which companies are busy and have a direct line to them and their management.

Not us.