Driving for aldi

anyone here ever worked for aldi?? i have always stayed away from store deliveries :smiley: :smiley: but the wages sound ok :slight_smile: think they are on 5 on 3 off so plenty of weekend working for same rate.

Mate works nights out of Atherstone. Ok job but tipping alone at stores. Some in pretty rough areas.

Work a lot, live a little :laughing: :laughing:

Work a lot, live a little

Kin right mate, lasted two weeks working for a subbie out of Aldi, chelmsford, max 70+ hours every week :unamused:

russjp:
Work a lot, live a little :laughing: :laughing:

Deutschland, Deutschland! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: tip yourself in rough areas correct! :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I know someone who works at Swindon and yes long hours, tip yourself at night in dodgy areas but I never hear him complain about the money and he does days.

I think the 5 on 3 off is right, that’s not too bad, better than any five from seven with lots of six days straight and one weekend off in six.

5 on 3 off would be a luxury at our depot, our shift pattern is all over the place. We work a 3 week rota system running from sunday to saturday -
week 1 - Tuesday & Wednesday off
week 2 - Sunday & Saturday off
week 3 - Sunday & Thursday off

Any new starters come in on the 11am start time (days) so wave bye bye to spending any time with your family on workdays, most days they`ll have gone to bed by the time you get home.

Governor!:

Kin right mate, lasted two weeks working for a subbie out of Aldi, chelmsford, max 70+ hours every week :roll:

Running bent then…

Winseer:

Governor!:

Kin right mate, lasted two weeks working for a subbie out of Aldi, chelmsford, max 70+ hours every week :roll:

Running bent then…

Why? 3x 15 shifts plus 2x splits 75 hours perfectly legal

damion.p:

Winseer:

Governor!:

Running bent then…

Absolute maximum of 60 working hours a week? Average of 48 over a reference period? Either a hell of a lot of sitting around on POA (hardly likely with German reputation for efficiency and self tip and load) or a lot of, shall we say, “flexible tacho mode selection” :wink:

damion.p:

Winseer:

Governor!:

Running bent then…

I’m talking about the average over 26 weeks being way above 48 hours. 70+ hours a week EVERY week is far too many hours on duty as not to get seriously nodding off by thursday night…

You kill someone and it turns out you’ve been on duty that week 60+ hours already, and you’ll be treated the same as a drink driver by plod I guarantee it. :neutral_face:
The most likely thing they’ll find on a tacho to bust you is “not having given back hours by the end of the third week” since each and every week is over 70 hours as in the example we’re talking about here. The vast majority of LGV driver fatalities can be put down to “driver error” - with much of that down to sheer tiredness rather than inexperience. :frowning:

Hmmm,
Ive applied for a 40 hour week days average with Aldi, 5 from 8, self load and tip.

they are professional liars if they say the sky is blue check yourself it will be wrong .they treat you as a slave self wrap load .tip …split days of you end up so tired you drive on instinct .a spent years working for them if you dont mind having no home life and no social life then they are ideal. remember if it sounds to good to be true it normally is wrapping loads for maybe 2 hours before going out on a 10 hour shift and having 1 day of in 10 is a poor way to live your life defo :frowning: :frowning:

B1 GGK:
Hmmm,
Ive applied for a 40 hour week days average with Aldi, 5 from 8, self load and tip.

Hope its a better set up than our depot, we got told we`re guaranteed 9 hours every day at the interview but if you do a 13 hour shift one day they give you a 5 hour shift in the same month in order to take back the overtime from you

starfighter:
I think the 5 on 3 off is right, that’s not too bad, better than any five from seven with lots of six days straight and one weekend off in six.

I do 5 on 3 off and I love it, I usually try and get an early start early finish on my last day so home by mid afternoon then 3 days off after that, and yes they work that shift at Aldi too.

huggy:
they are professional liars if they say the sky is blue check yourself it will be wrong .they treat you as a slave self wrap load .tip …split days of you end up so tired you drive on instinct .a spent years working for them if you dont mind having no home life and no social life then they are ideal. remember if it sounds to good to be true it normally is wrapping loads for maybe 2 hours before going out on a 10 hour shift and having 1 day of in 10 is a poor way to live your life defo :frowning: :frowning:

Agreed mate, glad i`ve only got a few months left to do

I have never seen a aldi in a layby or services in my entire puff, do they have breaks while they self tip?

merc0447:
I have never seen a aldi in a layby or services in my entire puff, do they have breaks while they self tip?

yes most of them tip on their break to get finished speed limits dont apply and driving with fog lights on is the norm

y

russjp:

huggy:

Agreed mate, glad i`ve only got a few months left to do

your lucky ma friend i stayed to long and had to leave your health is more important than money .they have no interest in your welfare or health or safety tipping in stores alone at night is a fatal accident waiting to happen .i am glad now it wont be me good luck to you take care ok