Driving for aldi

It’s what everyone is signing up for these days. Enjoy!

I see the Aldi truck, a pure white Premium so not sure if it’s their own or a subbie, most nights around West ■■■■■■■■ Drops most spots on his own and then goes off for the next one, So a good job for someone who doesn’t like dealing with people! (Where do I sign up?)

IN a decade’s time, there will be drivers saying “At Aldi, we 'ad it toof

Yup, and that generation either won’t believe you, or will not respect you for it either. :smiling_imp:

I might be antisocial like many other perm. nights folk, but that doesn’t mean I want to rush into a nice wooden overcoat - just to be all by myself. :frowning:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Aldi vehicle taking a break anywhere except in the car park. All that soap powder, nutty, and biscuity stuff suggests you won’t be eating your lunch made up of anything bought in the shop either. :laughing:

russjp:
Work a lot, live a little :laughing: :laughing:

Hahahahaha, nice one :grimacing:

I don’t see whats so bad about self tipping given that all the Aldi stuff is palletised and the shops have dock levellers, scissor lift at worst - piece of ■■■■ surely? Sounds alright to me, allows you to crack on. Sounds like the kind of job where i’d want to be salaried though, job and knock.

rob22888:
I don’t see whats so bad about self tipping given that all the Aldi stuff is palletised and the shops have dock levellers, scissor lift at worst - piece of ■■■■ surely? Sounds alright to me, allows you to crack on. Sounds like the kind of job where i’d want to be salaried though, job and knock.

piece of ■■■■ you obviously have never done it .some scissor lifts are outside in an ind est alone at 2am i had a few narrow escapes with idiots and dodgy pallets .some guys have been hurt broken ankles etc .you are working an electric truck in a confined space with limited light as most are of in the shop to save money its dangerous every night .remember if you get hurt no one will know for a long period of time it aint worth it

What’s their lone worker policy/ assessment? Do u let the office now when your starting to tip then again when your done?

mrx:
What’s their lone worker policy/ assessment? Do u let the office now when your starting to tip then again when your done?

Dont quote me on it but i think night drivers are contacted if they are on a bay for more than an hour (vehicle tracker).

I did for Aldi all over Europe for over 10 Year. Delivering from there Factories which are often owned by Aldi or under contract.
No Law bending was necessary. You get there,hand Docs in and get Key for Pump Truck. You also get empty Pallets,if you have Bulk loaded. A Friend did Store delivery with great Pay,but no need to do illegal.
If you get catched doing illegal you may get runs you cant do illegal,or,it would not help you in any way.

Which award 2012

Best Supermarked

Immigrant:
I did for Aldi all over Europe for over 10 Year. Delivering from there Factories which are often owned by Aldi or under contract.
No Law bending was necessary. You get there,hand Docs in and get Key for Pump Truck. You also get empty Pallets,if you have Bulk loaded. A Friend did Store delivery with great Pay,but no need to do illegal.
If you get catched doing illegal you may get runs you cant do illegal,or,it would not help you in any way.

Which award 2012

Best Supermarked

you are either an aldi manager or someones winding you up who gives you ket to electric truck they are in it 24hrs you made that up

russjp:

mrx:

Dont quote me on it but i think night drivers are contacted if they are on a bay for more than an hour (vehicle tracker).

security have no access to tracker mate its used for dicsiplinary matters thats bout it

huggy:

Immigrant:

Which award 2012

Best Supermarked

you are either an aldi manager or someones winding you up who gives you ket to electric truck they are in it 24hrs you made that up

No he’s just a Pratt.

starfighter:

huggy:

Immigrant:

Which award 2012

Best Supermarked

No he’s just a Pratt.

+1

One minute his English is bad then it’s near perfect■■?

starfighter:

huggy:

Immigrant:

Which award 2012

Best Supermarked

you are either an aldi manager or …

Its on theres Carrybag

what is, you getting the pump truck?

mickyblue:

starfighter:

huggy:

Immigrant:

Which award 2012

Best Supermarked

No he’s just a Pratt.

+1

One minute his English is bad then it’s near perfect■■?

I thought he had transformed into Andrejes.

huggy:

russjp:

mrx:

security have no access to tracker mate its used for dicsiplinary matters thats bout it

I never mentioned security, the tracker flags a delay up in the transport office and alerts the staff to an extended delay in that location, i know this for a fact cos certain drivers get pulled in for taking too long for their breaks( ie. an hour or more)

russjp:

huggy:

russjp:

mrx:

I never mentioned security, the tracker flags a delay up in the transport office and alerts the staff to an extended delay in that location, i know this for a fact cos certain drivers get pulled in for taking too long for their breaks( ie. an hour or more)

yeh am not sure of that mate i was on nights most times transport office is empty .security would phone you after a period of time but as you know an accident can happen in 2mins an hour lying on the floor is a long time mate .and to long for break sounds familiar you dont need a 45 a 30 will do greedy with money so they are

If trackers are being used to punish drivers for anything that doesn’t involve them breaking the law, then it is being used as an invasion of privacy, and is therefore being used illegally. Use it to catch criminals nicking stuff, or use it to rescue drivers that have fallen ill. You do NOT use it to issue disciplinary action over someone who’s taken 1hr10 on their break, bearing in mind that few firms even PAY drivers whilst on break anyway! - If you are on break, you are on your own time to dispose of as you see fit. Make up your mind firms - If you want to control people’s break time, then PAY them for it FFS! :imp:
No one ever gets a call saying "Hey bud, you’re 4hr20m in. Better find a layby soon! Seeya later!" do they? :confused:

I dunno about anyone else, but I don’t like to answer the in-cab phone whilst I’m on break either. If it persists, the first thing I’ll say when I answer it is “my 45 has been interrupted, I’m adding 30 mins to it.” Either I’ll not be asked back, or I’ll never get called in-cab again. I’ve only fallen out with 2 firms from 27 worked for in the past 2 years by doing this, which suggest a few more of us should stand up for ourselves more often. :slight_smile:

russjp:
i know this for a fact cos certain drivers get pulled in for taking too long for their breaks( ie. an hour or more)

Wouldn’t be Peter the Doormouse (Thornley) by any chance :laughing:
Heard he’d been disciplined for taking 14 hours to do a 2x Scunthorpe :slight_smile:
■■ me, when he worked for me his personal best was 27 hours for a Darlington - Liverpool - Darlington run.
He spent more time asleep than awake. Nice lad like, and he always did the job right, just painfully slow.

Winseer:
I dunno about anyone else, but I don’t like to answer the in-cab phone whilst I’m on break either. If it persists, the first thing I’ll say when I answer it is "my 45 has been interrupted, I’m adding 30 mins to it

WTF■■? Do you deep meditate or something on your break? Does answering that phone call really disrupt your 45 that much that you need another 30 mins to compensate? What if they don’t know you’re on your break? Do you add another 30 then? I really don’t get this. Why would answering a phone call mean you need an extra 30 mins break?

To my mind that’s just being difficult for the sake of it, and I wouldn’t employ you.

Winseer:
If trackers are being used to punish drivers for anything that doesn’t involve them breaking the law, then it is being used as an invasion of privacy, and is therefore being used illegally.

Thats ■■■■■■■■ mate. It’s not an invasion of privacy at all. The tractor unit belongs to the company (yeah ok so Aldi’s are owned by TRC) and they have every right to use trackers for what ever reason they choose. If that tracker shows that the driver has gone 15 miles off route or down a 7.5 ton limit, they have every right to use that info to carry out disciplinaries.
What law do you think they are breaking for this data use to be illegal?
Top and bottom of it is it’s the companies truck, the truck has a tracker fitted, if you don’t like that, then don’t drive our truck. Simple.