Driving/delivering to Europe?

Anyone there who’s delivering goods to european countries? I’m from Slovenia and I drive to the UK and I mostly have very very good experiences, so I’d like to hear what you think of Europe, european countries you’re driving to…

Regards!

Just a girl '87 :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :slight_smile:

What do you mean?

he means he wants to see a picture of you :laughing:

Lots of us do, girl and we all seem to prefer it to driving in the UK. I’ve never been to Slovenia but I’ve been to Slovakia which is next to it (in the dictionary, anyway).

well im off to italy sunday for 5 drops next week camera on charge will try to remember to take some pics :blush:

do you know her then :laughing:

biggusdickusgb:
he means he wants to see a picture of you :laughing:

oh well i’m not sure about posting pics of me on here… will think about it lol

@malcolmj: do take some pics and let us know how you liked it there. Oh and take care, there’s freezing in Austria and a lot of snow (trust me, i was stuck there for two days this week) :unamused:

@Harry Monk: agrh we hate being compared to Slovakia, we’re just too different i guess, Slovenia is a lot more gorgeous! :wink:

there’s freezing in Austria and a lot of snow

I was going to ask whats the weather like down there,
i am driving Sunday from north Germany , and delivering a new curtainsider to Schmitz cargo Bull in Muta, and then down to Ljubljana and picking up a used trailer at
Autcommerce d.o.o.(mercedes Benz)
I think the road is called “Baragove” i havnt been there for about 6 months

so it looks like i will have to dig the snow chains out of the sidelocker then :cry:

Geoff

Been to Slovenia twice now, both times coming from Budapest to Trieste. First time we came through Austria, Graz to Maribor. Last year we decided to take a more direct route. Through Hungary to Redics, they haven’t upgraded the road for the last 100miles or so. So it’s all single carrageway with some monster ruts to bounce around on.

Got to say Solvenia is a beautiful Country, but sadly I won’t be back there this year. :cry: Unless I get time for a holiday, I reckon there’ll be some great biking roads out there. :smiley:

@muckles: Slovenia is wonderful (though my biggest wish is to move to england one day lol, kinda in love with english accent :blush: )

just_a_girl87:
@muckles: Slovenia is wonderful (though my biggest wish is to move to england one day lol, kinda in love with english accent :blush: )

As Slovenia is a Member of the EU surely that isn’t to difficult to move to England, but considering the overcast dull day that today has been and that tonight the wind is howling round the house and the rain is beating against the windows,

Why on Earth would this be the place, you’d want to move to??

just_a_girl87:

Post some pics and we might be able to come a suitable financial arrangement to get you here! :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

just_a_girl87:
Anyone there who’s delivering goods to european countries? I’m from Slovenia and I drive to the UK and I mostly have very very good experiences, so I’d like to hear what you think of Europe, european countries you’re driving to…

Regards!

Think I might have met you once. Do you drive a blue Magnum with fridge trailer?

Nope, i have a white Daf

@muckles: I dunno, i love the UK, i first went there with my dad and been crazy about it since then. People are really nice and friendly, always ready to help. And i love shopping centres :smiley: (trafford park in manchester lol)

p.s.: and that’s me if you insist

Hi i used to del to ljubijana fairly regularly at one time [whiskey from glasgow] and enjoyed the work.I used to come via calais,belgium germany and austria then thro the border at karravanka [spelling?].I always preferred european work to working the uk.Too much hassle with traffc in the uk.Now you are in europe it must be easier the inter europa agent always used to rip us off for the ■■■■■■ fee for the whiskey,every time we went it cost more.Once i got there the people were always friendly and easy to get on with as most had some knowledge of the english language.Ialso used to run down through marbor to zagreb with the whiskey as well.

just a girl87. Do you by any chance know Dino in Ljubjana.He’s a young lad of about 14, who’s father drives for Viator&Vektor. I was doing a show at the old football ground about 18months ago, and he came up to say hello. Like most young Slovenians, he spoke excellant English. He was very knowledgable about trucks and was a pleasure to talk to. He gave me a drawing of his favourite truck -DAF 105 - as a thankyou for showing him round my truck. I sent the picture to one of the UK trucking magazines, and it was published a couple of months later. I sent a copy of the magazine to him, but have since lost his contact details. I know he was a regular on a Slovenian trucking website. It wouild be great if you could track him down for me.

dafdave:
Hi i used to del to ljubijana fairly regularly at one time [whiskey from glasgow] and enjoyed the work.I used to come via calais,belgium germany and austria then thro the border at karravanka [spelling?].I always preferred european work to working the uk.Too much hassle with traffc in the uk.Now you are in europe it must be easier the inter europa agent always used to rip us off for the ■■■■■■ fee for the whiskey,every time we went it cost more.Once i got there the people were always friendly and easy to get on with as most had some knowledge of the english language.Ialso used to run down through marbor to zagreb with the whiskey as well.

I took a load of Whisky down to Split, I ended up tipping it in a builders yard. It certainly worried me that I was being conned. It turned out to be correct and the builder was the only one in the area with a fork truck :confused:

Now i think that would have had me worrying a bit too,as it was i never had real peace of mind till i got a clear signature.

gb1:
just a girl87. Do you by any chance know Dino in Ljubjana.He’s a young lad of about 14, who’s father drives for Viator&Vektor. I was doing a show at the old football ground about 18months ago, and he came up to say hello. Like most young Slovenians, he spoke excellant English. He was very knowledgable about trucks and was a pleasure to talk to. He gave me a drawing of his favourite truck -DAF 105 - as a thankyou for showing him round my truck. I sent the picture to one of the UK trucking magazines, and it was published a couple of months later. I sent a copy of the magazine to him, but have since lost his contact details. I know he was a regular on a Slovenian trucking website. It wouild be great if you could track him down for me.

Will do, he’s a good friend of mine, we know each other from slovenian truck forum. Who should i say is saying hello then? When are you next in Ljubljana?