Driving/delivering to Europe?

dafdave:
Now i think that would have had me worrying a bit too,as it was i never had real peace of mind till i got a clear signature.

:laughing:

And how exactly would you prove that he is who he says he is and didn’t just make the name up ■■ :unamused:

Rob K:

dafdave:
Now i think that would have had me worrying a bit too,as it was i never had real peace of mind till i got a clear signature.

:laughing:

And how exactly would you prove that he is who he says he is and didn’t just make the name up ■■ :unamused:

The only thing that made me think it was kosher Rob was the customs man came with me in the cab from the office. Although Im sure you could hire a Yugoslavian customs officer uniform in a fancy dress shop :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
I took a load of Whisky down to Split, I ended up tipping it in a builders yard. It certainly worried me that I was being conned. It turned out to be correct and the builder was the only one in the area with a fork truck :confused:

Lol, how long ago was this?

just_a_girl87:

Wheel Nut:
I took a load of Whisky down to Split, I ended up tipping it in a builders yard. It certainly worried me that I was being conned. It turned out to be correct and the builder was the only one in the area with a fork truck :confused:

Lol, how long ago was this?

It was in the time that Split was still in Yugoslavia around 1990

Oh i see. Well to be honest Croatia and Slovenia very lot different, though they used to be part of the same country-Yugoslavia. With joining the EU things are really great here.

The first time I was in Maribor was in 1982,when it was still Yugoslavia.

The last time was in 1993,after it became Slovenia.

This pic was taken in Slovenia,but I can’t remember exactly where it is…

…as for driving in the UK,luckily I don’t have to any more,and I don’t miss it one bit.And I’m an Englishman!

KW:
…as for driving in the UK,luckily I don’t have to any more,and I don’t miss it one bit.And I’m an Englishman!

How come you don’t miss it? Are you tired of it or? Cus it’s strange,i mean driving there is a total relief from the road madness in Europe :confused: Your driving culture is fantastic!

just_a_girl87:

KW:

Your driving culture is fantastic!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: [zb] me! I hate to think what it’s like where you are then !! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :confused:

just_a_girl87:

KW:

How come you don’t miss it? Are you tired of it or? Cus it’s strange,i mean driving there is a total relief from the road madness in Europe :confused: Your driving culture is fantastic!

Why does every foreign driver think that the UK is so great? I hear the same thing from our Belgian, French and German drivers and especially from my new Hungarian and Romanian colleagues.

When Im the foreigner I say the opposite and prefer driving in Europe

Oh well, i don’t know, but i’ve travelled most of Europe, been to the States as well, and you certainly are the best drivers. Oh well there can some idiot found on the road but otherwise it’s simply great. maybe you don’t really notice that but you should come and drive in Europe for a month or so and you’d see the difference! I don’t know, British seem to follow the traffic, you seem to have your head on the right place, as for european drivers I can’t really say that.
Just one example: When two lorries are close together and one seems to start taking over another… You don’t even have to give way, the car behind you just sees you wanna take over and he brakes…If you know what i mean, you guys just follow the traffic- And that is so amazing to us.

P.S.: i don’t think i said sorry for my terrible english yet :blush:

i;m impressed with your english, very good.

quite surprised on your good comments on the driving standards in the uk :open_mouth:
i prefer too drive in europe, much more than i do in the uk.

what do you think of our services for truck drivers here, the ones on the motorway especially■■?

just_a_girl87:
Nope, i have a white Daf

p.s.: and that’s me if you insist

Well, if that is truly you, I have seen you about … being a dirty old man, I always manage to spot the tottie in the cab.

just_a_girl87:
Slovenia is wonderful )

Unless you’re on the crap road that runs from Maribor to the Croatian border crossing (towards Zagreb)!! I use that route 3 or 4 times per year whilst heading for Belgrade, Banja Luka, etc and it is the worst part of the whole journey!!! :unamused:

Even the upgrades to the border crossing point have done very little to improve the situation.

Apart from that, I like the rest of Slovenia and the people!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

chilistrucker:
i;m impressed with your english, very good.

quite surprised on your good comments on the driving standards in the uk :open_mouth:
i prefer too drive in europe, much more than i do in the uk.

what do you think of our services for truck drivers here, the ones on the motorway especially■■?

About services… I think they are pretty much the same as in other countries. Except the price (it’s soooo expensive!) and the food. I don’t know how you do it, but I’ve hardly ever stayed there during the night. First of all it’s too expensive and second it’s not safe at all. That’s what I miss in England, a bit of safety. But all this fear and violence is coming down to Europe very fast.
But all this comes from one reason, which I mentioned in one other topic on here. That a driver is not as much respected as it used to be. No one seems to appreciate this work anymore. Bus drivers are a little exception but otherwise…

@marcustandy: oh well now you see one more reason why we love the UK lol, cus of the roads, which are crap almost all over Europe (except Belgium). About people…Slovenians are nice,but I love English, though there’s quite a difference. I’ve noticed English are not quite talkative unless if you start the conversation. They they turn out to be really nice and friendly. (and I’m talking about the real English, I don’t really have very good experiences with foreigners over there :confused: actually really bad ones).

@marcustandy: when was the last time you were there?

just_a_girl87:
@marcustandy: oh well now you see one more reason why we love the UK lol, cus of the roads, which are crap almost all over Europe (except Belgium).

In my opinion the roads are worse in Belgium than anywhere in Europe (even the U.K.)especially the condition of the motorways.

just_a_girl87:

April, July and August last year (2007). I guess it’ll be June, maybe July and then August, possibly also October that I’ll be there this year.

I’m guessing that you didn’t see the last ‘Where am I?’ that I did? You’d have probably got it straight away! :wink:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25513

marcustandy:

just_a_girl87:

April, July and August last year (2007). I guess it’ll be June, maybe July and then August, possibly also October that I’ll be there this year.

I’m guessing that you didn’t see the last ‘Where am I?’ that I did? You’d have probably got it straight away! :wink:

Nope, I didn’t, sorry :blush:

@Ben9: That’s strange. I’ve not seen 4 or even more lane-roads anywhere in Europe, and I don’t think there are many countries where lorry is allowed to drive on sundays, holidays etc. And besides that, i haven’t seen so many roadworks in England in my whole time spent there, than lets say in Germany, Austria etc. So I’ll just stick to my opinion and say England is a lot better.

just_a_girl87

How often do you get over to the UK? or are you spending most time in Europe?

Im sure I have seen the Topp Daf in your picture, probably parked outside Lidl again :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
just_a_girl87

How often do you get over to the UK? or are you spending most time in Europe?

Im sure I have seen the Topp Daf in your picture, probably parked outside Lidl again :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe, it wouldn’t be strange if you saw it next to Lidl :laughing:
I go there every 10 days (2 days to get there, then i do deliveries and pick-ups for about 6 days and then 2 days to get back home).