Driving after work

Had an office waller today telling a driver that he must carry his drivercard at all times even when not at work because if he his stopped by the law they can download his card and do him for driving over his hours ? I know he his talking ■■■■■■■■, if this was the case 90% of drivers would be weekended or spending the night in the yard every single day

Of course it’s bollox…But as mine is in my wallett when not working…I always have it with me anyway.

office bod needs telt to sit down and shut up.

load of horse dung, if it was the case tons of folk wouldnt be able to drive their cars after work.

Rubbish, I’ve usually got mine in my wallet anyway.

I do find it somewhat bemusing that I can drive say 9 hours overnight from a gig back to Mansfield, then jump in my car and drive another 2 and 1/2 hours back home to Ipswich which is totally fine.

probably seen the conditions that you have to have your cpc card on you at all times, then put 2+2 together and come up with potato.

Hahaha excellent!!!

“There’s your run Bob!”
“Ok, I’ll need a 45 before I leave the yard…”
“What? Why?”
“I went and done my shopping, I went round to see my mum, then drove to the park with the dog, then drove in here… Oh and I won’t be doing my 2nd or 3rd run as I need to save driving time to get home!!!”
" :blush: "

:slight_smile: :smiley: :laughing:

G6Bob:
Hahaha excellent!!!

“There’s your run Bob!”
“Ok, I’ll need a 45 before I leave the yard…”
“What? Why?”
“I went and done my shopping, I went round to see my mum, then drove to the park with the dog, then drove in here… Oh and I won’t be doing my 2nd or 3rd run as I need to save driving time to get home!!!”
" :blush: "

:slight_smile: :smiley: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BIG AW:
Had an office waller today telling a driver that he must carry his drivercard at all times even when not at work because if he his stopped by the law they can download his card and do him for driving over his hours ? I know he his talking ■■■■■■■■, if this was the case 90% of drivers would be weekended or spending the night in the yard every single day

Sounds like he’s spent to much time listening at the door of the drivers waiting room. :laughing:

nurglets:
probably seen the conditions that you have to have your cpc card on you at all times, then put 2+2 together and come up with potato.

you don’t need to carry that any more than you do your digi card, both only need to be carried while driving ‘professionally’. You could leave both of them at work and drive home and you’re doing nothing wrong.

Coffeeholic:

nurglets:

you don’t need to carry that any more than you do your digi card, both only need to be carried while driving ‘professionally’. You could leave both of them at work and drive home and you’re doing nothing wrong.

Quite right as there’s plenty of drivers with a valid licence who haven’t bothered with the cpc for various reasons

kr79:

Coffeeholic:

nurglets:

Quite right as there’s plenty of drivers with a valid licence who haven’t bothered with the cpc for various reasons

Me for example, licence valid until mid 2019 and havent done the DCPC.

Coffeeholic:
both only need to be carried while driving ‘professionally’.

thats what i meant, should have been clearer, as in he saw the notice when you’re work-driving you are obliged to carry your cpc card, he’s still coming up with potato instead of common sense.

Coffeeholic:
Quite right as there’s plenty of drivers with a valid licence who haven’t bothered with the cpc for various reasons. Me for example, licence valid until mid 2019 and havent done the DCPC.

been to a couple of depots now that wont release the load/trailer to you unless you present your cpc card, most recently the sainsburys/dhl depot in stoke I had to pickup a backload from there after tipping down the road. The transport office wanted to see my card, first time someones ever asked to see it so caught me off guard, politely directed me to the sign put up next to the window.

Some ■■■ at my place tried to tell me this, I just laughed and said ok.

He’s one of those that’s never wrong.

The only time mine leaves the tacho machine is for a download then it goes straight back.

Radar19:
The only time mine leaves the tacho machine is for a download then it goes straight back.

[zb] that, no way I’m leaving card in a vehicle if not with it. Ok having a so called own truck, but ours get moved about and shifted between me leaving it and coming back in in morning no way leaving card in !

Mine stays with me.

My card goes in on Monday, and comes out Friday or Saturday.

My driver cpc card is somewhere too… but as no one has asked for it since I got it, im not sure where it is…

Sounds like this person may be confusing it with a driving licence which I believe is still required to be on your person when operating any motor vehicle

nurglets:
politely directed me to the sign put up next to the window.

These places and their signs make me chuckle,just because it’s written on a bit of paper they think it’s the be all and end all.
I must do my own sign saying ‘I’m exempt’ and direct them to that.

scanny77:
Sounds like this person may be confusing it with a driving licence which I believe is still required to be on your person when operating any motor vehicle

Really?

I carry mine, but wasn’t aware I had to.

Or is my head still in the days of being allowed 7 days to produce?

BIG AW:

Only a fool could write something like this, there one born every day, how the ■■■■ they dress then self’s in the morning beat’s the ■■■■ out of me