Drivers urinating next to truck in services

I think if you asked many lorry steerers what they thought pride is, I am sure that the majority would suggest it is a music festival.

Can you imagine being that lazy, pathetic and weak that you simply step out of your cab and urinate on the floor like some kind of animal?

I cringe when people ask me what I do for a living…

Noremac:
When I was doing washing machine deliveries, some of the guys used to open the drawer of the uplifted washing machines and go in there. Not great considering these were going for recycling and the staff would have to deal with that at the other end.

I struggle to believe that having done that job. If you can go in a machine, surely you can just preferably do it in the street.
Not that I doubt you, given the animals that walk amongst us.

Sand Fisher:

tgf1961:
I have type 2 diabetes and I carry several wide necked bottles in the cab for when I need to go and any toilets are far away. Then at an opportune time at a country layby, I empty them out onto soil or grass - never tarmac. This way, it never smells. I even carry a camping toilet in case I need to do a “number 2” and there are no services around.

The job can be undignified at times, but we should be prepared as much as reasonably possible.

Yes for those with diabetes and prostate probs.

Get yourself a Comfort bottle (wide neck) and I carry a bottle of disinfectant. Have to use it at night. Keep it in a bag in the passenger footwell. Next day drain in a loo and wash out with disinfectant. Good job, works well.

By the way where do you store the camping khazi and which model do you have?

I carry a number of bottles “Innocent smoothie” and similar. When full, I empty them out (on grass or earth) at a layby or lorry park.

The camping khazi I have is a “Porta-Potti” by Thetford. They are available (in different capacities) from places like Go Outdoors, though I got mine from eBay. Its only there for “emergencies” and it lives in the back of the truck (currently an 18T curtainsider). I bought a carrying case for it so it just looks like a black box. My company’s artic units (which I’ll be graduating to) has enough space inside to keep it in the cab.

The Porta-Potti is not a bucket with a lid, but a flush chemical toilet where the waste tank is hermetically sealed. It uses special toilet paper which dissolves in the tolet’s chemicals so when the time comes to empty it (in a normal toilet), its just liquid - and it doesn’t smell that much either.

I’d sooner ■■■■ in some bushes or behind a trailer than in some MSA toilets that smell of death and ammonia.

adam277:
I’d sooner ■■■■ in some bushes or behind a trailer than in some MSA toilets that smell of death and ammonia.

You’re evidently one of the dozen I referred to above.

Sidevalve:

adam277:

You’re evidently one of the dozen I referred to above.

What is the issue with taking a ■■■■ in a bush?
Either way, sure judge me all you want. Meanwhile you enjoy the nice facilitates.
Not that I drive much anymore, I am trying get out of the game :stuck_out_tongue:.

adam277:
What is the issue with taking a ■■■■ in a bush?
Either way, sure judge me all you want. Meanwhile you enjoy the nice facilitates.
Not that I drive much anymore, I am trying get out of the game :stuck_out_tongue:.

None with the bush, provided that you’re well clear of the tarmac. Sixteen years of farm deliveries frequently left me with little option.

Behind the trailer… if the next bloke in that spot is doing his job properly, he’s got to walk in that the next morning when he does his daily check. Cheers for making my cab stink of your ■■■■.

And you must go to some pretty shonky MSA’s if those pics are owt to go by.

Saw a guy at Tebay n/b jumping out of his tipper to have a ■■■■ yesterday… , only about 20 paces from forecourt and the bog. :unamused:
Ok, f/all to do with me, so I wouldn’t say anything anyway, but it was pretty poor…,.and especially as a little girl.was walking her dog nearby with her Mam from a caravan. :unamused:

robroy:
Saw a guy at Tebay n/b jumping out of his tipper to have a ■■■■ yesterday… , only about 20 paces from forecourt and the bog. :unamused:
Ok, f/all to do with me, so I wouldn’t say anything anyway, but it was pretty poor…,.and especially as a little girl.was walking her dog nearby with her Mam from a caravan. :unamused:

Tipper driver…nuff said. :frowning:

Sidevalve:

robroy:

Tipper driver…nuff said. :frowning:

Yep,.I’ve always said that teararse drivers ain’t got time to stop for a ■■■■, evidently I was right. :smiley:

robroy:

Yep, 1310 yesterday, Southwaite n/b alongside me draws a Clearwater (most apt) Volvo artic tanker. Driver gets out round to n/s drive axle and promptly hoses it down. Back into cab and drives off. I reported it to the MSA.

Next truck arrives and promptly drives through it.

50m from the loos, bloody hell.

Sand Fisher:

robroy:

Yep, 1310 yesterday, Southwaite n/b alongside me draws a Clearwater (most apt) Volvo artic tanker. Driver gets out round to n/s drive axle and promptly hoses it down. Back into cab and drives off. I reported it to the MSA.

You actually took the time to ‘report it to the MSA’ ? :neutral_face:
Why would you even do that and what did you think they’d do about it exactly?

robroy:

Sand Fisher:

robroy:

A truck drives through a puddle of ■■■■. I’m surprised he didnt phone the police over it :grimacing:

Yea, Sand Fisher sounds like a right old jobsworth.
We have enough members of the public willing to report us for anything and everything without us turning on ourselves.

The whole…

Thread has been one long ■■■■ take.

robroy:

Sand Fisher:

robroy:

They have the truck reg and said they’d contact Clearway.

adam277:

robroy:

Sand Fisher:

robroy:

A truck drives through a puddle of ■■■■. I’m surprised he didnt phone the police over it :grimacing:

Yea, Sand Fisher sounds like a right old jobsworth.
We have enough members of the public willing to report us for anything and everything without us turning on ourselves.

It wasn’t the driver driving going through a puddle of ■■■■ I was worried about, more the microbe of urine on my brand new Scania 770. :smiley:

Mind I didn’t report the guy who had a dump outside the entrance as I saw you coming in. :grimacing:

Sand Fisher:

robroy:

Sand Fisher:

robroy:

They have the truck reg and said they’d contact Clearway.

Never been one for ‘‘reporting’’ people as such, ain’t my job and it ain’t really me , unless of course it’s a situation where my family or me are at some kind of risk or danger, then I will take any underhanded method to protect.
I would not like to think anybody would be losing their job and livliehood because of me, and over something that doesn’t really concen or involve me.

I’ll report someone for littering, that’s about it. Some geezer with his pecker in his hand wouldn’t even register tbh.

Never been one for ‘‘reporting’’ people as such, ain’t my job and it ain’t really me , unless of course it’s a situation where my family or me are at some kind of risk or danger, then I will take any underhanded method to protect.
I would not like to think anybody would be losing their job and livliehood because of me, and over something that doesn’t really concen or involve me.
[/quote]
So if, say, me or my family was in danger you will just away as we are not blood related?

I know most people here do not have great schooling but you’d think most would of learnt never to rat.

tenor.png