Drivers urinating next to truck in services

I’m parked up at Leigh Delamere services, just got back into the truck and in front of me is a McGregor artic and the driver is ■■■■■■■ on the near side front wheel, the toilets are a 2 minute walk from where he is parked…

Are drivers really that lazy■■?

Stephenjp:
I’m parked up at Leigh Delamere services, just got back into the truck and in front of me is a McGregor artic and the driver is ■■■■■■■ on the near side front wheel, the toilets are a 2 minute walk from where he is parked…

Yes. And those same drivers are probably the same ones who moan that the lorry park stinks of ■■■■.

We’ve all been caught short, we’ve all just managed to stop in time to avoid wetting ourselves, I get that; but the vast majority who do this really are too bone idle, have no respect for themselves or other drivers, and quite frankly are an embarrassment to the industry.

We did this a while ago , we’re you not listening , some of us have diabetis / prostrate problems & when you’ve got to go , you’ve got to go , I’ve left Leicester services & have had to run across Watford gap or I’d literally have ■■■■■■ myself , I’ve ■■■■■■ on the n/ bound slip at Woolley edge as I couldn’t get even into the services never mind nd the toilet ,
It’s a bloody awful thing to have to suffer , hopefully you never will suffer .

It could have been something more substantial.

Stephenjp:

When you gotta go, you gotta go bro! :smiley:

Attain proficiency in bottle collection of the yellow stuff when you need to go. Draw the curtains, do the business, scootle out with the then-full bottle, empty it in the grass / bushes near a services bin and chuck the plastic bottle in there.

Stephenjp:

I take it you got out your cab and told the driver what you thought of it? Or just sat behind your keyboard saying sweet fa? Yeah second option thought so. If he wants to ■■■■ up his wheels let him, much more worse ■■■■ going on in the world than 25 stone tone ■■■■■■■ up his wheels ffs.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

ag1992:

Stephenjp:

I take it you got out your cab and told the driver what you thought of it? Or just sat behind your keyboard saying sweet fa? Yeah second option thought so. If he wants to ■■■■ up his wheels let him, much more worse [zb] going on in the world than 25 stone tone ■■■■■■■ up his wheels ffs.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Na he was a thin black guy and no I didn’t go and knock on his cab, because he probably would have told me to ■■■■ off, the point being he’s literally parked outside the entrance and couldn’t be arsed to walk 100 yards.

I have type 2 diabetes and I carry several wide necked bottles in the cab for when I need to go and any toilets are far away. Then at an opportune time at a country layby, I empty them out onto soil or grass - never tarmac. This way, it never smells. I even carry a camping toilet in case I need to do a “number 2” and there are no services around.

The job can be undignified at times, but we should be prepared as much as reasonably possible.

tgf1961:
onto soil or grass - never tarmac. This way, it never smells.

Is that true? Just asking.

stu675:

tgf1961:

Of course it is. Wild animals do their business everywhere and anywhere and woodland doesn’t smell, the urine (and the other) just gets absorbed into the ecosystem.

tgf1961:

stu675:

tgf1961:

Of course it is. Wild animals do their business everywhere and anywhere and woodland doesn’t smell, the urine (and the other) just gets absorbed into the ecosystem.

So a lay-by that has a grass verge that reeks of ■■■■ is because the drivers are using the tarmac?

stu675:

tgf1961:

stu675:

tgf1961:

So a lay-by that has a grass verge that reeks of ■■■■ is because the drivers are using the tarmac?

I think so, because most drivers seem to prefer to ■■■■ under the cover of their wagon i.e. on the tarmac. If a few steps into the undergrowth (if available) is too much effort for them to walk to, that is where they will go and it will take the next fall of rain to clear out the residual smell.

BTW, I’m slightly reassured that the Trucknet forums are not so sensitive that even the word “■■■■” is not [zb]'ed out. Its funny, but on the site Mumsnet which is far more influential, they treat the forum’s users as adults with expletives being allowed and are not held to primary school standards of language.

tgf1961:
I think so, because most drivers seem to prefer to ■■■■ under the cover of their wagon i.e. on the tarmac. If a few steps into the undergrowth (if available) is too much effort for them to walk to, that is where they will go and it will take the next fall of rain to clear out the residual smell.

BTW, I’m slightly reassured that the Trucknet forums are not so sensitive that even the word “■■■■” is not [zb]'ed out. Its funny, but on the site Mumsnet which is far more influential, they treat the forum’s users as adults with expletives being allowed and are not held to primary school standards of language.

Spend a bit of time there, do you? :wink: :laughing:

Star down under.:

tgf1961:

And your point is? …

Mumsnet provides so interesting insights into how women think and what concerns them … particularly about men!

Act like animals get treated like animals.

tgf1961:

Star down under.:

tgf1961:

And your point is? …

Mumsnet provides so interesting insights into how women think and what concerns them … particularly about men!

No point, no offense intended, notice the wink?

tgf1961:
I have type 2 diabetes and I carry several wide necked bottles in the cab for when I need to go and any toilets are far away. Then at an opportune time at a country layby, I empty them out onto soil or grass - never tarmac. This way, it never smells. I even carry a camping toilet in case I need to do a “number 2” and there are no services around.

The job can be undignified at times, but we should be prepared as much as reasonably possible.

I would carry a camping toilet, but cameras all over the bloody truck, even where the load is!!! :confused:

Stephenjp:

tgf1961:

I would carry a camping toilet, but cameras all over the bloody truck, even where the load is!!! :confused:

Do you not think that would upset them watching you more, than you are being watched doing it? That might be the answer to getting rid of them.

Stephenjp:

tgf1961:

Well, at my previous employment, the load was usually waste paint tins in open-top IBCs - needless to say no cameras there! My current company’s artic cabs have enough space to place the toilet inside. I just need to draw the curtains. :wink: From agency work, I’ve been at one company whose trucks had a camera trained on the driver, but was assured it would only be active when the ignition was on. Many drivers obscured the camera with an item of clothing for example as many thought (rightly in my opinion) it was an unacceptable invasion of privacy.

A word of warning though, if you come to the US and get caught short and stop in a layby and nip into the bushes for a pee and someone sees you and calls the police you could be slapped with an indecent exposure charge and have to register as a ■■■■■■ offender. Land of the free eh ?