Drivers urinating next to truck in services

remy:
A word of warning though, if you come to the US and get caught short and stop in a layby and nip into the bushes for a pee and someone sees you and calls the police you could be slapped with an indecent exposure charge and have to register as a ■■■■■■ offender. Land of the free eh ?

You can here aswell, that’s why I thought it odd, and there was a coach load of kids outside the door on the grass!!

No offence to anybody carrying a portable khazi in their cabs for regular use if they need it, but I think if it was me personally having to do that,.I’d jack., on grounds of couldn’t be arsed with the indignity and the hassle.
Also,.call me too sensitive, but I would not be too keen on using a truck where somebody had ■■■■■■ and ■■■■ in all week.
Just saying. :neutral_face:

I think drivers have done all this and worse in the trucks we have.We dont keep the same unit so its different drivers every day.I just bring wipes and wipe everything before I start my shift and try not to think about what might have happened before

Tbf there are s lot of socially inept uneducated reptiles and Neanderthals moving amongst us giving us a bad name.
I’ve just left Lesmahagow Truckstop, went for a shower this morning and there was an actual sign in there,.a cartoon type picture of a bloke sat squatted down having a crap with the words…‘‘Do not do this in the showers, sinks, or bins’’ :open_mouth:
I mean,.do they really think they need to tell people this?
Obviously some pond life types have done each of those options at one time or another.
I mean…ffs man. :unamused:

Anyway I had a ■■■■ on the floor, it must have been ok as it wasn’t on their list. :laughing:

robroy:
Tbf there are s lot of socially inept uneducated reptiles and Neanderthals moving amongst us giving us a bad name.
I’ve just left Lesmahagow Truckstop, went for a shower this morning and there was an actual sign in there,.a cartoon type picture of a bloke sat squatted down having a crap with the words…‘‘Do not do this in the showers, sinks, or bins’’ :open_mouth:
Obviously some pond life types have done each of those options at one time or another.

Anyway I had a [zb] on the floor, it must have been ok as it wasn’t on their list. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Next time you go in, they will have added “Nor on the floor, Robroy.” :grimacing:

Whilst I understand those with penile issues it can be more of an issue, it wasn’t for me when I had an issue a couple of years ago, when I had no control over when it was going to happen, but always somehow managed to make it to toilets (thankfully there are many public ones here in NZ) or hold it til I got to the depot (would take about 15mins to actually go though) which was bloody painful to be honest.

I agree with on grass not tarmac.

That all said, some years ago I was parked up at Cullompton services which as many of you know is tiny, and a driver two spaces over from me (no one parked in between) decided to climb out and go right next to his front wheel, climbed back in cab and sat reading for 10 minutes then walked into the services and came back out carrying his purchase from Maccas. I’d already shouted at him that he was a dirty pig and this time I just shook my head at him to which he just grinned. I’m pretty sure he was just being lazy…

Maybe they are simply marking their territory?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

robroy:

Anyway I had a [zb] on the floor, it must have been ok as it wasn’t on their list. :laughing:

I was at a lorry yard recently and a bit surprised at the standards of hygiene. I asked why they cant do better than that. Reply was its the Religion of Peace types. They wont sit to zb. They squat , and there zb goes here there and everywhere.

See now, I don’t buy this “medical issues” thing, and I’ll tell you two reasons why:

1. I carried two babies to 8.5 months in the lorry. There is truly nothing more urgent than the need to go when an errant foot, knee or elbow is jabbed into your bladder, and by that stage I couldn’t have got under the trailer (female equivalent) if I tried, yet I never wet myself.

2. I also continued driving commercially for eight years after getting an MS diagnosis, one of the joys of which is a loss of bladder control. While I agree that if you need to go, you need to go, and have also had to do the “hard shoulder then shin up the bank or into the hedge” manoeuver far more times than I’d like to admit, I never had to ■■■■ on the tarmac in the services. Find a hedge nearer than a 3 day camel ride to the building, yes. Use an appropriate receptacle inside the truck then take that to the toilet to empty, yes. But get out of the truck and ■■■■ there and then? Nah.

If you really at risk of losing control to that extent, there are products available which will buy you a safety net and preserve your dignity so you don’t have to behave like an animal.

robroy:

Place I used to work,someone wanted a number2 but because the cublicles were full,he dumped it in the urinals,honest ,it happened and the cleaner refused to clear it up.Cant blame her

Sploom:

robroy:

Place I used to work,someone wanted a number2 but because the cublicles were full,he dumped it in the urinals,honest ,it happened and the cleaner refused to clear it up.Cant blame her

Fair enough if he had to dump, but he should never have left it there.

No ■■■■ aroma in the service area truck park…no trickling stains tracking across the blacktop

That would just be outright weird.

dozy:
some of us have diabetis

I’m more of a Real Betis fan myself To make an incredibly obscure joke

would think at least a few roadside 2 litre pee bottles have popped their cork in the sunshine today . ppppsssssss + foul aroma

I had the misfortune of stopping at the BP Annandale water lastnight went round the back of trailer to undo the doors to try to stop the curtain slashers and there on the tarmac was the biggest turd I’ve ever seen along with the loo paper,Ime not kidding when I say it started off the size of a big bottle of coke and was about a foot long,the bloke can’t have been for 6 months,it should have had road cones around it,it would have blocked the toilet in the services if he had bothered to walk there,Ime pleased it was daylight I would have tripped over it.

Oh, how times change. I just had a flash from the past when I complained about this on Trucknet, and I got slagged left and right for daring to criticize the Blighty while the other half of the forum was telling me that it’s actually solely Eastern Europeans who ■■■■ and thrown litter all around your spotless and wonderful motorway service areas…

Either times have changed and other people are also annoyed by that, or it was simply due to the fact that I am not British? :wink:

On a serious note, the fact is that from all the countries I’ve been driving (and I’ve been to few) the availability of the toilets in Britain is the worst. I even wrote a piece about that - in Polish - and for some time it was one of the most popular entry on my blog, as people were coming there from geuninly searching “why there aren’t toilets on the UK motorways” or “where to pee when driving across Britain” and stuff like that :laughing:

So why I am all with Lucy on that - if you can’t make it to the toilet, do it in some more civilised way - I do see why the problem is most persistent in Britain.

Here is a piece translated to English if someone is curious: orynski.eu/that-moment-when-you … -motorway/

dozy:
We did this a while ago , we’re you not listening , some of us have diabetis / prostrate problems & when you’ve got to go , you’ve got to go , I’ve left Leicester services & have had to run across Watford gap or I’d literally have ■■■■■■ myself , I’ve ■■■■■■ on the n/ bound slip at Woolley edge as I couldn’t get even into the services never mind nd the toilet ,
It’s a bloody awful thing to have to suffer , hopefully you never will suffer .

Hopefully not; but as a tramper myself, I always carry an empty, well rinsed fabric conditioner bottle for such incidents. Use that, and empty it down the drain; it can then be be rinsed out and used a good dozen times before the perfume of the conditioner is drowned out by the smell of ■■■■■ by which time the missus will have emptied another one. Recycling at its best; furthermore you can pull your curtains and use it in the cab if you’re really desperate, though best not whilst you’re driving!

Whilst I empathise with your plight I really don’t accept that I should have to endure the stench of your stale ■■■■ all night, every time I park up at an MSA.

And for every one like you with a genuine reason (even if you can’t be bothered to think of a solution like I have) there’s a dozen who are just too ignorant and lazy.

Alleviate the problem,

healthykin.com/p-1429-male- … 3a3438e352

I’m sure you can get them at boots and other places, use it and discard the contents at the next location where there is a toilet, wash it and use it again. :grimacing: :laughing:

As an after thought if you’d been in Germany so long as your back is to the road it would have been legal !!!

tgf1961:
I have type 2 diabetes and I carry several wide necked bottles in the cab for when I need to go and any toilets are far away. Then at an opportune time at a country layby, I empty them out onto soil or grass - never tarmac. This way, it never smells. I even carry a camping toilet in case I need to do a “number 2” and there are no services around.

The job can be undignified at times, but we should be prepared as much as reasonably possible.

Yes for those with diabetes and prostate probs.

Get yourself a Comfort bottle (wide neck) and I carry a bottle of disinfectant. Have to use it at night. Keep it in a bag in the passenger footwell. Next day drain in a loo and wash out with disinfectant. Good job, works well.

By the way where do you store the camping khazi and which model do you have?

When I was doing washing machine deliveries, some of the guys used to open the drawer of the uplifted washing machines and go in there. Not great considering these were going for recycling and the staff would have to deal with that at the other end.