Drivers Passing Through Calais

Hello,

My name is Sean Parnell, I am a university student currently conducting research for a documentary about the impact of refugees in Europe.

I am wanting to speak to drivers who regularly pass through Calais, and talk to them about the impact that the refugees have on their journeys.

Please contact me here, or by email: s.parnell@my.westminster.ac.uk

It would be great to discuss with any drivers who have a first hand account of the situation, from a drivers perspective.

Many Thanks,

I was regularly using Calais until about October this year.

The Refugees as you call them, or illegal migrants as I call them, because genuine refugees would apply for asylum status once they reach a safe country, I believe France is a safe country, instead these people camp in Calais waiting to try and board a UK bound truck.

Every time you go to into Calais you are on alert not knowing what sort of problems or delays you face, but the biggest fear now everybody is aware and security has been stepped is their actions are becoming more desperate and they are getting more organised. You don’t really know what stunt they’re going to pull to stop a truck, it really is playing on my mind on my way in and what my actions will be if they block the road or if I should hit one of them on the way into the terminal.

In July I got caught in a large queue of trucks trying to get into the Eurotunnel terminal, It took 6 hours to get from the exit of the Autoroute to a train. Until I got into the terminal, some 4 hours, the truck were surrounded by illegals migrants, not small groups or individuals, but gangs of 20 or so at a time just walking up and down the queue trying to get into trucks, I could see them try mine several times. In these queues even if they did get into your truck or damage there is now way it would be sensible to get out and challenge them and there was absolutely no Police presence round the trucks to deter them.

When I finally got into the terminal I was told by the driver behind me that 2 of them had got onto my trailer axles, I was pulled into the first security check run by the French, where they were removed and put into a porta-cabin to be removed from the terminal by bus, so they can try again later.

Parking anywhere near Calais is know not an option, this doesn’t affect me as I can plan my hours, but must affect some drivers who need to max their driving hours to make the deliveries.

None of those at calais are genuine refugees all are economic migrants (parasites) that flee nothing other than poverty, strangely enough we have poverty here in the uk too people who are homeless ect, but no one cares about them, why not?

Those at calais have transited through many safe EU countries ,and because they haven’t claimed asylum they are illegal immigrants in places like France too but the French turn a blind eye to that ,
Why should any country accept them they have no identity paperwork , not because they couldn’t bring it with them,they destroy it en-route, because if they have no ID they can exploit a loophole in the law that hinder’s their deportation/repatriation this also backs up that they are not genuine refugees

muckles:
In July I got caught in a large queue of trucks trying to get into the Eurotunnel terminal, It took 6 hours to get from the exit of the Autoroute to a train. Until I got into the terminal, some 4 hours, the truck were surrounded by illegals migrants, not small groups or individuals, but gangs of 20 or so at a time just walking up and down the queue trying to get into trucks, I could see them try mine several times. In these queues even if they did get into your truck or damage there is now way it would be sensible to get out and challenge them and there was absolutely no Police presence round the trucks to deter them.

July again, one of ours joined a queue at 10.30 in the morning, finally got on a train at 08.30 the next morning. Lost two sets of padlocks and smashed door locks on the trailer.

swpar:
Hello,

My name is Sean Parnell, I am a university student currently conducting research for a documentary about the impact of refugees in Europe.

I am wanting to speak to drivers who regularly pass through Calais, and talk to them about the impact that the refugees have on their journeys.

Please contact me here, or by email: s.parnell@my.westminster.ac.uk

It would be great to discuss with any drivers who have a first hand account of the situation, from a drivers perspective.

Many Thanks,

Best place to talk to them is on the spot… Don’t be mistaken for an illegal hitchhiker mind… :neutral_face:

I was heading into the port of Calais in the early hours one night a few weeks ago hit the back of the queue just after the junction for the total garage,I could see loads of them behind the fence off to try their luck and they swarmed all over the queue some armed,they broke open the trailer and helped themselves to what was in the back,whilst grinning at me holding weapons like tyre irons and iron bars.
It’s only a matter of time before some poor driver trying to get home will never make it due to those desperate to get here.

Thetaff2:
I was heading into the port of Calais in the early hours one night a few weeks ago hit the back of the queue just after the junction for the total garage,I could see loads of them behind the fence off to try their luck and they swarmed all over the queue some armed,they broke open the trailer and helped themselves to what was in the back,whilst grinning at me holding weapons like tyre irons and iron bars.
It’s only a matter of time before some poor driver trying to get home will never make it due to those desperate to get here.

This government should of done more to make this country less hospitable ,and made changes so that they get sweet FA from the state, and have to pay for non emergency health care, no handouts no social housing ,NOTHING that would curb their so called desperation , Why there are people who feel sorry for these parasites i will never know,
1,They chose to go to calais and then try and sneek into the uk illegally , 2 they choose to live & sleep in ■■■■, it is no one else’s fault their situation is self inflicted , They should also change the rules so that no ID means no entry simple as that, would put a stop to them exploiting the system , tough ■■■■ if a minority of genuine refugees have to claim asylum elsewhere ,my heart bleeds,NOT

I see the media are having a field day with trump, over his ban all Muslims from entering the USA comments, although it wouldn’t be a bad thing to do in theory, it may prove a little difficult in reality to enforce, after all how do you tell who is Muslim and who isnt, like they all will tell the truth if asked :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :unamused:

tommy t:
This government should of done more to make this country less hospitable ,and made changes so that they get sweet FA from the state, and have to pay for non emergency health care, no handouts no social housing ,NOTHING that would curb their so called desperation , Why there are people who feel sorry for these parasites i will never know,

If they’re willing to sleep in the Jungle in Calais, how crap would this country have to be to make it unattractive?

muckles:

tommy t:

If they’re willing to sleep in the Jungle in Calais, how crap would this country have to be to make it unattractive?

It’s their visions of grandeur that driving them, if faced with living on the streets , creating another jungle type camp here in the uk with nothing more than they have now, many wouldn’t still risk their lives to come here, because it would be pointless , I forgot to add i would also remove access to higher education in the uk ( as that is another bs reason what they give to the lily livered media) to come here
they all think that they will be housed given money for food clothes ect all for free

tommy t:

muckles:

tommy t:

It’s their visions of grandeur that driving them, if faced with living on the streets , creating another jungle type camp here in the uk with nothing more than they have now, many wouldn’t still risk their lives to come here, because it would be pointless , I forgot to add i would also remove access to higher education in the uk ( as that is another bs reason what they give to the lily livered media) to come here
they all think that they will be housed given money for food clothes ect all for free

But how can you change their visions of grandeur, they are lied to they are told if they come here there is work.
And I think you’ll find most end up working illegally, and not claiming asylum, probably having to pay back those that got them here.

What needs to happen is when they find them is not ask them to dutifully report to a local police station until they are deported, they just disappear in the underworld again, but actually lock them up until they’re deported.

But this will need place to house them, this cost money yours and my taxes, are you willing to pay?
Once great numbers get deported and other in their country see them come back maybe they won’t believe the lies they are told?

muckles:

tommy t:

muckles:

tommy t:

But how can you change their visions of grandeur, they are lied to they are told if they come here there is work.
And I think you’ll find most end up working illegally, and not claiming asylum, probably having to pay back those that got them here.

What needs to happen is when they find them is not ask them to dutifully report to a local police station until they are deported, they just disappear in the underworld again, but actually lock them up until they’re deported.

But this will need place to house them, this cost money yours and my taxes, are you willing to pay?
Once great numbers get deported and other in their country see them come back maybe they won’t believe the lies they are told?

Of course once found be they over stayers or illegals they should be arrested and deported ,those with no ID would have a choice of being deported to somewhere like Greece , or to which ever country the experts think they originated from, This having them housed in detention centre’s for long periods of time, should be changed there’s not really much of a reason why they shouldn’t be processed (photographed, biometrics and the DNA samples taken ) and deported within around 2-3weeks from being discovered, once the right to appeal ect has been removed , too much bureaucracy and interference from the EU

One day it will happen. One day they will manage to get into a drivers cab and drag him out and most likely kill him. It would most likely be some poor EE lad who’s its first time on Euro work. Either that if he will floor it, knocking them aside like skittles as he flees for his life only to be strung up by the go-nads when he gets back.

Removed

I take it you have read the Koran then CF, and when I said read it I did not mean just skip reading but actually took it all in ? or what …