Drivers! Own worst enemy!

Why do drivers always ■■■■■ and moan about hourly rate, salary, parking etc. then go on to milk the job for as many hours as they can. Do they not realise by stringing the job out is keeping the wage low! I saw a Stobart driver with a 7.00pm booking in time arrive on site at 5.30pm and did not try to gain entry until his booking time. I arrived shortly after him with the same booking in time, tipped and about to leave when he entered goods in 7.05pm, personally I think is totally out of Order. Thats just taking the p**s, would not have suprised me if he got tipped then parked up and had 45min break. Saw the same driver, who by the way is late 60’s reverse into a parked trailer the other day, bet he reported that! NOT! Its incompetent drivers like that spoiling it for the rest of us.

Fileep:
Why do drivers always ■■■■■ and moan about hourly rate, salary,

I doubt if those on salary would ‘milk the job’ but those on hourly pay are not probably having to take the ■■■■ in order to bring in a decent wage - A FAIR HOURLY PAY RATE FOR THE JOB would probably help

Is the the chicken or the egg that came first ■■? …
…Low pay by bosses meaning drivers have to get in more time or lazy drivers forcing bosses to reduce pay rates

Some of the jobs I do, we have written instructions on the paperwork that you are not to try and gain entry until 20mins before booking time or the company will be fined.

do you work for stobarts, no you dont so get your zb facts right before you start mouthing off
i get a regular booking at tesco donny for 6 a.m , if i go in at 5.30 a.m or before i can be out of there by 6a.m,i then ring in and am told to park up and ring in at 8 a.m when theyve changed shifts in t.o as day shift will allocate my work for day, so i could go in at 2 a.m but id still sit the until 8 a.m waiting to know what to do next.
i also get a collection put on run sheet sometimes, the collection is 30 mins away and its a 11 a.m collection, were not allowed in village untill 9 .30 a.m as school is near, so they dont want great big artics manouvering whilst little ones are getting to school, bloke at collection prefers us to get there after 10 a.m ,so whats the zb rush.
lastly if tesco want to gar to let us in early will go in early, but one min they do the next the turn you out, i got ■■■■■■ off with being let in one day and not the next, so now i dont even try, i go in at 6 a.m on a 6 a.m booking,still out by 7 a.m, never had a complaint from t.o,i know job and they know ill get it done.
lastly were on iso-trac, or to a certain extent we are, they can see on the office screen what were doing and where we are, sat in donc services normally,so if they were not happy with what we were doing theyd ring us, they dont, so there not worried as they know the score,so why are you,■■■■ sti :imp: :imp: :imp: rrer i suspect

ROG:

Fileep:
Why do drivers always ■■■■■ and moan about hourly rate, salary,

I doubt if those on salary would ‘milk the job’ but those on hourly pay are not probably having to take the ■■■■ in order to bring in a decent wage - A FAIR HOURLY PAY RATE FOR THE JOB would probably help

Is the the chicken or the egg that came first ■■? …
…Low pay by bosses meaning drivers have to get in more time or lazy drivers forcing bosses to reduce pay rates

rog-i know a fair few earned mid 30ks last year on days,there not that poorly paid :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .
they hate the fact they do 15 hrs 1 day then there given 2 short days so they loose all the o/t theyve done on the first day, so they spin it out to get 15,10.5/10.5 so they still get there 4.5 hrs o/t.
but is that any different at any company :question: ,zb hell the original poster is trying to make out stobarts drivers are the only drivers that spin the job out, he needs to get real :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
n.b i was at a big company tipping the other day, memo on board said any driver driving round yard at end of shift to extend his hours would be disiplined, guess what it wasnt a stobart depot :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Think you’ll find I wear the dreaded green shirt, and I regularly go into Tesco’s(variuous RDC’s) early, if they turn me away then so be it(majority don’t). But the fact is I tried, you people make me sick [zb] the job off to make your wage artifically high, if you want more money ask for more work! When which ever firm you are working for goes [zb] up, you will all be saying ‘well who’d have thought it’!

The company I worked 16 years for did hourly pay this way - the pay was calculated weekly and not daily so the first 40 hours of the week was the basic pay and then any hours over that was overtime

Fileep:
Why do drivers always ■■■■■ and moan about hourly rate Saw the same driver, who by the way is late 60’s

Don’t know anything about any of that as I was always paid by the week or the month on most jobs except some agency work but even on that the guvnors were’nt stupid and they’d know if anyone was taking the whatsit.But I know all about some of the of the older generation than me when I started out on day work who’d be the first to shout about carving the job up if I’d been running doing the job a bit faster to get finished earlier but they’d also be the first ones to grass me up for parking up and having a rest when I was feeling a bit knackered because I did’nt like early morning starts. :unamused: :laughing:

Fileep:
if you want more money ask for more work!

The problem might be that if the runs are more than a couple of hours long then more work could not be given to a driver for that day so the ‘canny’ driver fills up what time they have available for maximum pay
Or the driver may not have the driving hours to use for ‘more work’ - only ‘other work’ time where the company has nothing for them

ady1:
do you work for stobarts, no you dont so get your zb facts right before you start mouthing off
i get a regular booking at tesco donny for 6 a.m , if i go in at 5.30 a.m or before i can be out of there by 6a.m,i then ring in and am told to park up and ring in at 8 a.m when theyve changed shifts in t.o as day shift will allocate my work for day, so i could go in at 2 a.m but id still sit the until 8 a.m waiting to know what to do next.
i also get a collection put on run sheet sometimes, the collection is 30 mins away and its a 11 a.m collection, were not allowed in village untill 9 .30 a.m as school is near, so they dont want great big artics manouvering whilst little ones are getting to school, bloke at collection prefers us to get there after 10 a.m ,so whats the zb rush.
lastly if tesco want to gar to let us in early will go in early, but one min they do the next the turn you out, i got ■■■■■■ off with being let in one day and not the next, so now i dont even try, i go in at 6 a.m on a 6 a.m booking,still out by 7 a.m, never had a complaint from t.o,i know job and they know ill get it done.
lastly were on iso-trac, or to a certain extent we are, they can see on the office screen what were doing and where we are, sat in donc services normally,so if they were not happy with what we were doing theyd ring us, they dont, so there not worried as they know the score,so why are you,[zb] sti :imp: :imp: :imp: rrer i suspect

quite agree with you there ady1,quietened him down anyway.
Few years back i got into qvc at liverpool at 8am was the only wagon in there was booked in for 10.30,massive place with god knows how many empty bays and went over to goods in and he said ,ok mate come back and see me at 10.15 and il book you in ,so went back to wagon and another truck had pulled in and he said god no drive they wont tip you early,but when they do you’l be out of here by quarter to 11.and he was spot on 26 pallets off and checked in 10 minutes,so i never bothered getting there early anymore and as youve said ive had the same at tesco in crick and purfleet.

Fileep:
Think you’ll find I wear the dreaded green shirt, and I regularly go into Tesco’s(variuous RDC’s) early, if they turn me away then so be it(majority don’t). But the fact is I tried, you people make me sick t**sing the job off to make your wage artifically high, if you want more money ask for more work! When which ever firm you are working for goes T*Ts up, you will all be saying ‘well who’d have thought it’!

read the post you [zb], i cant get a job till 8oclock till the t.o change over, i can collect till 11 a.m, it doesnt matter a zb if i go in at midnight, the zb collections at 11 a.m, they wont load me till 11 a.m, they dont want me in the village untill 10 a.m,if planning want me to do more then plan the job to do more, im told to tip 6 a.m, collect 11 a.m, what do you want me to do, just run round doing what i want.
on b/h monday they got me to drop a trailer at 9 a.m, then wait until 9 p.m[12 zb hrs ] for a return tri, and im taking the ■■■■ out of them, dont you think i rang them, gues what the reply was, YOULL JUST HAVE TO SIT WITH IT, if you havent got one by 10 p.m well think about pulling you out :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .zb 12 hrs on a b/h tat waiting for a return load, i should hang my head in shame :unamused: :unamused: ,oh hang on they told me too :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
bet if youd of seen me youd have me down as a idle ■■■■ spinning the job out for 12 hrs :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
if you really were a stobarts driver youd know the score,ive said recently some of the plannings ■■■■■■■■, it wants sorting, but it up to the company,planners to sort it,we cant, so untill they can get this gts system up and running well carry on on with the same ■■■■■■■■, if the planning ■■■■■■■■ what do you do :question:
a

i’m paid by the day. it’s great.
i’m booked in tommorrow at 13.00, but i’ll be there at about 0800.
the sooner i get done, the sooner i’m home.

hourly rate is for the sweeper up or pot washer. or mug.

Well said limey, think ady1 is probably the biggest mug on here. Even though I am hourly paid I get the job done asap, I want to spend time at home not sat in a Scania wearing my green shirt thinking that Stobart rules! [zb]

limeyphil:

your taking the ■■■■ phil only going in 5 hrs early, you should go in 13.00 the prev day, then you could do a extra days work a week, then instead of screwing the company you be helping them out
shame on you :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Fileep:
Well said limey, think ady1 is probably the biggest mug on here. Even though I am hourly paid I get the job done asap, I want to spend time at home not sat in a Scania wearing my green shirt thinking that Stobart rules! [zb]

ffs how many more times, if i go into tesco at 4 a.m instead of 6 a.m, the company dont zb let me go home when i ring in tipped they tell me to sit there till 8 a.m or go and do a collection at 11 a.m
what xzb difference does it make if i go in at 00.00,1 a.m,2 a.m 6 a.m ,i still have to collect at 11 a.m, then drive back to the yard and go home at 2 p.m,it doesnt matter a zb when i go in i cant collect until 11 a.m, i could go in too tesco a week early and i just have to sit somewhere for a week waiting to collect, cant you zb grasp that, its the collection time that matters, when you go into tesco doesnt matter a zb.
you just sound like a office bod whos blaming the drivers for you zb planning.
b

Fileep:

you really havnt read his posts have you? he cant do his day any quicker if he wanted you [zb].

and anyway why does it bother you soo much if people hang the job out as much as they can?

Viewing profile - Fileep
Username: Fileep

If drivers are stretching out the jobs then wouldn’t that leave more opportunities for a Wanabee Owner/operator :question: :bulb: :wink:

and as for your ■■■■■■■■ about green shirts,scanias, i couldnt give a flying zb whether it a green shirt,blue, pink,whether its a scania,volvo or what, im not a STOBART driver,im a truck driver who happens to work for them ,i never called myself a b+q,brakes,salvos,irlams etc driver, im just a driver who happened to drive for them.
i havent got a stobarts name tattoed on my ■■■■ ,like some.
but im also not ashamed to work for them, they never bother me, just let me get on with the job , even though at times it frustrates the zb out of me.
ive had some really ■■■■ jobs over the years, this isnt one of them,when i eventually get the planning sorted out to my likeing the job well be up there with my best jobs,but itll take me time,2 years and counting, now im off before you wind me up that much i smash the screen,goodnight

ady1:

limeyphil:

your taking the ■■■■ phil only going in 5 hrs early, you should go in 13.00 the prev day, then you could do a extra days work a week, then instead of screwing the company you be helping them out
shame on you :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

as it happens, i’ve quite often tipped on a thursday, instead of friday, loaded on the thursday, then took friday off on full pay. but an hourly paid man would be walking through the door just after 11pm friday, that’ll be just after his best mate has gone home, but the wife will still be in. :laughing:

ROG:

Viewing profile - Fileep
Username: Fileep

If drivers are stretching out the jobs then wouldn’t that leave more opportunities for a Wanabee Owner/operator :question: :bulb: :wink:

f.f.s rog, there parking us up for 12 hrs waiting for return tris,8 hrs waiting for loads, its not zb drivers choice, its PLANNING.
DO YOU REALLY THINK ON A B/H I WANT TO SIT ON A ZB INSTRIAL ESTATE FOR 12 HRS NOT GETTING paid, I HAD TO PUT IT DOWN AS A NIGHT OUT TO GET TRI BACK,I GOT £20 for sitting there for 12 hrs,b/h day time,
you call 12 hrs for £20 spinning the job out,i give up