Drivers of myatts transport cudworth barnsley

I would like to know if there is any old workmates out there i used to work for myatts/masons (rotherham) . Ihave been intouch with Bert Vincent and Alan Sixsmith

Hi Ray,welcome to the site I have put some photos of masons on page 8 I got them from G THOMPSON.Do you remember Stuart Saunders I speak to him often,he told me he used to drive for masons he comes from maltby.

Hi ray didn’t work for masons but knew Arnold & Keith roddis,mat white from malty,Malcolm Daniels ravenfield, Eric gamston,(his lads on here)regards alan

paul motyka:
Hi Ray,welcome to the site I have put some photos of masons on page 8 I got them from G THOMPSON.Do you remember Stuart Saunders I speak to him often,he told me he used to drive for masons he comes from maltby.[/qu Hiya Paul thanks for the reply mate you have made my day ,i used to work at Myatts cudworth iknew a lot of Masons Lads all good men and hard workers you had to be then . When masons took us over the first motor i got was 5790 ET leyland comet second trip to London imet Bill Mason he was A grumpy old git i can remember a lot of regs of lorries but not good on names now .Good to hear from you

revman:
Hi ray didn’t work for masons but knew Arnold & Keith roddis,mat white from malty,Malcolm Daniels ravenfield, Eric gamston,(his lads on here)regards alan

Hiya mate Thanks for the reply I am chuffed you have. If i could see the guys photos i would prob know them tho we have all got older . I have just bought this pc (not very good on it) Paul says there is some photos on page 8 i will try to find em. I live in Newcastle upon tyne now been up here 21 yrs. i always have a look on big als truck stop thanks pal

Malcolm daniels

Eric gamston

Hi ray,look underneath where you log in and you will see page numbers 1 to 88.

Are you the same ray used to drive a White plain daf then went onto work for asda washing ton?

Would this be the same Myatts Transport ? Taken at covent garden 1955
transportphotos.com/road/photos
HUB0974-D1

Ye same one john

Cheers revman.Here’s another oldie for you then.
HUB0986 New in 1/12/1945

Stanfield:
Cheers revman.Here’s another oldie for you then.
HUB0986 New in 1/12/1945

Cheers john,there are some more of myatts on big ALS truckstop

Eric gamston with his myatts (masons) marathonanother of big ALS truckstop

paul motyka:
Hi ray,look underneath where you log in and you will see page numbers 1 to 88.

Thanks very much for the pics great lorries my missus thinks i am nuts looking at old trucks women dont understand lorry drivers EH YOU keep a lot of drivers happy,i WILL get used to this site

9a89d4b0.jpg
9a446780.jpgHi ray,came across these on the past present and in between in pictures courtesy of MOC.

9a65e540.jpgRay,another one from MOC.

paul motyka:
0Ray,another one from MOC.

This very interesting photograph of a Myatts Transport,Cudworth,Barnsley,1930s AEC Mammoth Major Six,Flat-bodied,6x2 6-Wheeler Lorry is,to me,very intriguing - do you know the registration number of this lorry? I do know for a fact that Myatts Transport did operate at least one 1930s AEC Mammoth Major Six 668,Flat-bodied,6-Wheeler Lorry,registered HG 1014.
So what is the identity of the AEC lorry in the above photograph?,please. And have you any photographs of HG 1014?
This magnificent AEC ended up as a fairground lorry,operated by Rotherham showman,John Pullin,and was one of my favourite fairground lorries when I was a boy…and even now,it still gives me a great thrill!
John Pullen (later spelt Pullin - yes really) painted HG 1014 crimson red,fitted it with un-painted varnished wooden boxvan body and mounted the silencer and exhaust pipe on top of the cab! This really historic and charismatic AEC,HG 1014,ought to have been preserved!,and a photograph of HG 1014 as a fairground lorry appears on page 5 of CLASSIC COMMERCIALS IN COLOUR,by Barry S.Watson,published by Ian Allan in 2000.
Nevertheless, I would love to buy copies of photographs of HG 1014 both in service as a road transport lorry and as a fairground lorry.Thanks.

VALKYRIE.

AEC,HG 1014,JOHN PULLEN,MYATTS TRANSPORT,CUDWORTH,BARNSLEY.

Further to my above post on the AEC Mammoth Major Six 668 6x2 Lorry,HG 1014,operated by Myatts Transport,and then by Rotherham showman,John Pullen - later Pullin. This lorry’s basic appearance was similar to this 1933 Middlesex-registered AEC Mammoth Major Six 668,Boxvan-bodied,6x2 Lorry,AMG 280,operated by Andrews Transport,Swansea,but,unlike HG 1014,this magnificent AEC has Super Single Tyres on the rear wheels,a radiator crossbar,a built-in headboard and the early 1930s style cab,but it has got the same basic front end styling as HG 1014:-
flickr.com/photos/aceanorak/6795111694/

HG 1014 had a Tillotson-built late 1930s-style Mammoth Major Cab,and a full-width headboard,which said PULLEN’S on it.
Overall,it looked very similar in appearance to 1939 Dorsetshire-registered AEC Mammoth Major Eight Mk II O386,Flat-bodied 8x2 Lorry,AFX 790,even down to the AA Commercial Vehicle badge mounted on the right-hand side of the front panel!:-
flickr.com/photos/preservedt … 4730156864

So my descriptions of HG 1014 in my previous post,and in this post,complete with the photographs will give Forum Members a good idea of what HG 1014 looked like :smiley:

VALKYRIE.

hi Valkyrie I sent u a message earlier to have a look at this on flikr fairground lorries regards alan