Drivers of differing race and/or religions

yes here are a few sikh,s driving tippers around southall area always going flat out i wander if they are TURBAN-CHARGED !!! oh come on i thought somebody would have put that on sooner :smiley: :smiley:

10-08:

bubsy06:
I still have to look twice when I see a woman driving a lorry :laughing:

I’ve never seen a black or aisan woman driving a truck. They must not be as stupid as us white girls

come to think of it I’ve never seen a farmer on a bike.

when there was a Fords in Leamington they had a Sikh driver

Maybe a generalisation but the Sikhs I’ve met are a right bunch of ■■■■ heads, party animals and not above a bit of racism against the Pakistanis (giggling like a bunch of schoolkids when you introduce them to a Spanish girl called Paci…) true and really difficult to explain to her :laughing:.

They have also been very brave fighters for the British for many years and true warriors in their own right.

Oh yes and plenty driving out of Freightliner in Birmingham.

kr79:
When my dad lived over at west Drayton a fair few got in his local. My dad is Irish and il never forget this Sikih bloke saying the sikihs are the Irish of India as they tend to do lots of building construction etc and like a drink and party.

^ This!

I live in West London, met lots of Sikh people and they are most honest, work hard and dignity people

In a previous life, I lived & worked in Belgaum, Karnataka State, India for 3yrs.

My chauffeur was a Hindu & my house security guard was a Sikh, it took all my Christian housekeepers negotiating skills to keep them from killing each other !

Collectively, all 3 of 'em hated with an absolute passion, the errand boy who happened to be Jewish.

Every Friday PM I was expected to hold counsel & listen to all my staff’s requests, suggestions, grievances etc . . .

After several whiskey’s, this could become the most surreal experience anyone could ever imagine :sunglasses:

Yes a good friend of mine back in England is a Sikh of Punjabi origin and used to be an owner driver until a few years ago. Over here in Canada there are litterally thousands and thousands of them though, especially out of places like Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary etc. Not only Sikhs but also just as many other types of Indians and Pakistani’s but a Sikh driving a truck here with traditional turban is not a rare thing.

Dave the Renegade:
Quite a few Sikh’s driving tippers,lots used to come up to the Gore quarry on the Welsh Borders from West Drayton for dust.Also seen some driving tippers for JPE from the Wolverhampton way.I wonder how they get around the H&S regarding safety helmets in quarries and building sites ?

The same way they got round the crash helmet rules. They pointed out that the British Army was quite happy for them to fight in the war wearing a turban. I used to employ one many years ago and he was the best worker I ever had. Nothing was too much trouble.

As someone said, KSD have Sikh drivers; I don’t know if they’re as mad as the rest though. Re; the ones on for Tarmac there are a lot working for Midland Quarry Products.

Pops77:

mrx:
Have you ever seem one? I’ve seen all creeds and nationalities driving trucks but never a Sikh

yep im one :smiley:

so am i. :wink:

You seen these lot http://www.raj-singh.co.uk/

I’ve not personally seen any of their motors for a while, but I seem to remember a lot of Sikhs driving for them. Also regarding the turban/hard-hat deal that someone mentioned, I don’t know if it was a myth but I was always told a turban offered just as much, I not more protection than a hard hat, so Sikhs are exempt from wearing them. Was certainly the case with the guys at ADM Erith a few years ago.

10-08:

bubsy06:

I’ve never seen a black or aisan woman driving a truck. They must not be as stupid as us white girls

]

Nice black girl drives out of co-op, Thurrock.

bluenose:

10-08:

bubsy06:

]

Nice black girl drives out of co-op, Thurrock.

I think it’s part of the culture - oh hang on, am I being racist or sexist? If I were younger I would say that sikhs are cool. I’m glad to live in a country where we have working-class jews too, though I suspect that might be prejudiced.

A sikh once took the end of his thumb in an air operated tailgate; a mate couldnt understand why he bandaged his head though…

has anyone ever seen a muslim hgv driver?
how long can they drive for before needing to stop for a prayer?
can they use the hard shoulder for praying, without fear of prosecution?
is it true that all muslim women are shaven, as they don’t like Bush?

limeyphil:

Yes, loads.

limeyphil:

Dunno but I nearly ran over one one night when I was pulling into a parking space in a German service area.

Yep, seen loads of muslim drivers, stop about five times a day for prayers, mostly there is a mosque nearby, but if not they just put a mat down and face towards mecca, strangely they are almost always in a small group, rarely do they do it on there own, there are no hard shoulders in the desert…, you did ask…lol, very freindly people actually, and every mosque has a lovely toilet, even if they do tend to look at you a bit strangely… never seen an unveiled woman there, so couldnt comment on there bush… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

POA; Prayer On Arrival.

limeyphil:
can they use the hard shoulder for praying, without fear of prosecution?
is it true that all muslim women are shaven, as they don’t like Bush?

Don’t get me started,the f word and the off word come in to play,they can jog right [zb] on !

saw a muslim stobards driver on m61 yesterday wearing a turbon on his head rofl