Drivers of differing race and/or religions

you see quite a few trucks around Leicester with the Sikh symbol on they’re obviously very proud people.

A Sikh has to be called Singh as his last name, but I don’t know if every Singh is a Sikh.

my best friend in school was a Sikh and her surname was Jdali

I have come across many in the edible oil industry, they are great people as far as I am concerned,

When my dad lived over at west Drayton a fair few got in his local. My dad is Irish and il never forget this Sikih bloke saying the sikihs are the Irish of India as they tend to do lots of building construction etc and like a drink and party.

They Sikh him here they Sikh him there :smiley:

kr79:
When my dad lived over at west Drayton a fair few got in his local. My dad is Irish and il never forget this Sikih bloke saying the sikihs are the Irish of India as they tend to do lots of building construction etc and like a drink and party.

The ones I know certainly do.

Only last weekend I passed one of DPD’s from Brum on the M6 wearing a turban and a long white beard,I thought it was Santa for a minute.

Loads of them here, especially in the north eastern area, they all seem to be Canadian based. I talk to some of them at trcuk stops etc and to be honest they are among the most polite and friendly group of drivers I meet.

Adding to my post further up, during the recent London and other city lootings by the usual scum suspects, there was a distinct lack of any sightings of Sikh Turbans amongst the low life thieves which didn’t surprise anyone.

However a good number of them formed themselves up to defend their own areas and properties and each other from the mindless horde…admirable behaviour.

I worked with one at Heathrow for Salversons, as has been said a great guy, hard working friendly and always happy to help others out :slight_smile:
When i started people were calling him Ragy :open_mouth: i thought it was a nick name his friends called him, and not knowing the guy didnt want to put my foot in it, but it turns out it was his first name :laughing:

bestbooties:
Only last weekend I passed one of DPD’s from Brum on the M6 wearing a turban and a long white beard,I thought it was Santa for a minute.

I work at Dpd and can confirm that there are many Sikhs working here. In fact, they were friendly and helpful when I first started there whereas the white drivers would barely even say hello!

And yes, that guy does look a lot like Santa…

See a lot of Sikhs driving container trucks out of Freightliner Brum.

I once saw a chinese guy driving an artic on the M25 :laughing: I had to look three times to make sure I wasnt seeing things, I still have to look twice when I see a woman driving a lorry :laughing:

bubsy06:
I once saw a chinese guy driving an artic on the M25 :laughing: I had to look three times to make sure I wasnt seeing things, I still have to look twice when I see a woman driving a lorry :laughing:

Did you see him through a ■■■■■ in the curtains ? :smiley: :smiley:

Trev_H:

bubsy06:

Did you see him through a ■■■■■ in the curtains ? :smiley: :smiley:

A few at my bus garage.
A great group of people.

kr79:

This^ Sikhs are the most integrated of all Asians without integrating!

My dentist is Sikh and the same age as me and has been my dentist for 20 or more years!
A great and proud people! :sunglasses:

bubsy06:
I still have to look twice when I see a woman driving a lorry :laughing:

I’ve never seen a black or aisan woman driving a truck. They must not be as stupid as us white girls

not sure if below links still work but i downloaded a mask of Monty a few years back.
make a hole by ears and thread an elastic band through and Bobs your uncle and Fannys your aunt.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket … 466868.stm

10-08:
you see quite a few trucks around Leicester with the Sikh symbol on they’re obviously very proud people.

A Sikh has to be called Singh as his last name, but I don’t know if every Singh is a Sikh.

my best friend in school was a Sikh and her surname was Jdali

That must be gtr transport, all the 7.5 tonners flying about the sweatshops all over he country! Based up near shoe zone.
I’ve seen a few DPD drivers, plus one in a white topline on boxes.
Also ksd muckaway in Nuneaton have quite a few Sikh drivers, and a few run out of a quarry in bardon too from what I remember.
Odd topic tho!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.524377,-1.221792

10-08:

bubsy06:
I still have to look twice when I see a woman driving a lorry :laughing:

I’ve never seen a black or aisan woman driving a truck. They must not be as stupid as us white girls

Saw a black girl driving a Royal Mail artic last Monday on the A4 nr Heathrow and very tidy she was too. :wink: