Drivers of differing race and/or religions

Sikh drivers
Have you ever seem one? I’ve seen all creeds and nationalities driving trucks but never a Sikh

A number of different threads merged, and title changed to reflect this… all are warned not to use this thread to post abuse of any form , even thinly disguised as “Humour”. all and any such comments will be removed

mrx:
Have you ever seem one? I’ve seen all creeds and nationalities driving trucks but never a Sikh

yes i used to work for one and he had his son running the motors although he couldnt drive them . if ever ive had to endure someone whose needed a good kicking then its him , i kid you not i could of quite happily spent all day smashing his stupid face in … arrogant ■■■■■ … :imp:

never again will i ever work for his kind , they wanted something for nowt everytime … :imp:

mrx:

yep im one :smiley:

Yes. Where I worked out of in Slough when I was an OD we had one there, mostly did the yard shunting but also drove. His brother was also a driver and although he didn’t work with us I did meet him and saw him driving a couple of times. Another OD working out of there at the same time was also a Sikh. Also used to see one on the Olau ferry on the Sheerness - Vlissingen crossing in the 90’s, usually had his wife with him.

Go to west london…loads working in Tarmac 8 leggers.

I was going to say that you see a lot on Tarmac work.

msgyorkie:
Go to west london…loads working in Tarmac 8 leggers.

This,saw 2 at Heston Services yesterday.

i have. there arn’t many of them. they are just the same as the rest of us, apart from the turban.
only spoke to one guy. nice bloke.

I have seen a few I wouldn’t employ one though, they are all so bloody accident prone :stuck_out_tongue:

A Sikh has to be called Singh as his last name, but I don’t know if every Singh is a Sikh.
If being called Singh makes a person a Sikh then we had 3 at Parcelnet and all were top guys.
if you can follow that :smiley:

bowser:

mrx:

never again will i ever work for his kind , they wanted something for nowt everytime … :imp:

Ideal qualification for running a haulage firm I would have thought. :laughing:

Seen a few over the years.

A post above speaking of arrogance couldn’t be further from my experience of every single Sikh i’ve ever met.

Honourable hard working respectful decent polite and truthful has been my experience, qualities arguably on the decline in many sections of society particularly but not exclusively our leaders and betters, add in the fact they respect and care for their old folk when they become infirm and don’t forget, neglect or shove 'em in a care home and expect the council or taxpayer to pay.

We could do far worse if people brought their children up as the vast majority of Sikh’s do.

Just my humble opionion.

del949:
A Sikh has to be called Singh as his last name, but I don’t know if every Singh is a Sikh.
If being called Singh makes a person a Sikh then we had 3 at Parcelnet and all were top guys.
if you can follow that :smiley:

I knew a Sikh guy who done karaoke called him Gruptah Singh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

I’v been off work sikh a week now

Juddian:

A post above speaking of arrogance couldn’t be further from my experience of every single Sikh i’ve ever met.

not from mine i can tell you .
the father was a nice man but his son … ill say no more .

Im struggling to see why this is even a topic for discussion?

Quite a few Sikh’s driving tippers,lots used to come up to the Gore quarry on the Welsh Borders from West Drayton for dust.Also seen some driving tippers for JPE from the Wolverhampton way.I wonder how they get around the H&S regarding safety helmets in quarries and building sites ?

skids:
Im struggling to see why this is even a topic for discussion?

i think everybodys drunk , yes im sure of it … :sunglasses:

Juddian:

Honourable hard working respectful decent polite and truthful has been my experience, qualities arguably on the decline in many sections of society particularly but not exclusively our leaders and betters, add in the fact they respect and care for their old folk when they become infirm and don’t forget, neglect or shove 'em in a care home and expect the council or taxpayer to pay.

We could do far worse if people brought their children up as the vast majority of Sikh’s do.

Just my humble opionion.

thats also my experience of sikhs, decent people with morals.

Just couriosity from the OP. Got to say it’s not something I ever given a great deal of thought to, but then in Norfolk we’re still amazed when we see people only 4 fingers and thumb on each hand. :laughing: