Drivers meeting tomorrow

Well we’ve been told that the directors are coming down tomorrow to have a chat with all the drivers, and afterwards there will be a 1 to 1 meeting with each driver.

Rumors are running wild but the general consensus is that it’s not going to be good news. Rather worried as I was the last one in and have been there only a tiny amount of time compared to the rest.

It’s only a small family run steel haulier and, as for everyone, times have been hard recently.

Lets see what happens, I can only hope it isn’t the bad news everyone thinks.

Fingers crossed.

Alex

Can only wish you luck and hope it’s just a pep talk.

i left the steel industry fivemonths ago, its not been great recently.

the last in first out stuff is bull, its a perfect chance for them to get rid of the moaning lazy ■■■■■

hoe to god it is not redundancies mate. best of luck…

Good luck Alex.

Keep us posted.

Ken.

tachograph:

ditto.
Hope it goes well for you

charliebear:

tachograph:

ditto.
Hope it goes well for you

yep same here, fingers crossed for you

Good Luck Mate…as the arabs say ‘Insh’allah’

Good luck

Fingers crossed, good luck.

At one of my previous jobs the managers walked into a pre-arranged meeting held in the canteen flanked by HR people holding a bunch of brown envelopes , my heart sank i had guessed instantly that was curtains for me and a few others and so it came to pass. All the best mate worst feeling in the world.

well they are not coming to give you a bonus so good luck.

you can only do your best and do a good days work for your money. if you know you have been on time and havent took the ■■■■ with sickness and tossing the job off you can leave with your head held high and know you gave it your best shot.

good luck, plan for the worst, hope for the best

Scarab:
Well we’ve been told that the directors are coming down tomorrow to have a chat with all the drivers, and afterwards there will be a 1 to 1 meeting with each driver.

Rumors are running wild but the general consensus is that it’s not going to be good news. Rather worried as I was the last one in and have been there only a tiny amount of time compared to the rest.

It’s only a small family run steel haulier and, as for everyone, times have been hard recently.

Lets see what happens, I can only hope it isn’t the bad news everyone thinks.

Fingers crossed.

Alex

Well, how did it go ?

Sorry to hear but I think you know what’s coming.

Good luck mate and so keep us posted.

Not much I can say mate, so good luck to you and all the other drivers.

For ■■■■ sake cut the suspense and tell us!

thelorryist:
the last in first out stuff is bull, its a perfect chance for them to get rid of the moaning lazy [zb]

Yeah, i agree. Wouldnt it be great if that was the case. The huge national shower i work for is the same, you get judged on how long you’ve been there, not how suitable you are. We just had a country-wide re-org at the begining of last year, i was ‘demoted’ to the job im doing now but kept my rate, i came out fairly good but others were not so lucky. Instead though, the tired lazy ■■■■■■■■ that have been there since the begining of time are laughing their nuts off and sitting pretty, really boils my ■■■■ :angry:

Hope it worked out ok for the OP.

I thought this “last in first out” was history these days, and companies were indeed weeding out the useless.

Well, alls gone quiet with the o/p. Maybe he`s up the alehouse drowning his sorrows. Hope not.

Come on that man…tell us how you`ve gone on. Was it a bonus after all?

cheekymonkey:
I thought this “last in first out” was history these days…

That’s what I thought - illegal. :question:

hope it went well for you driver.