Drivers Hours AND WTD

Dunno then?:

Coffeeholic:
Ignore the WTD, stick to the tacho regs and you will be legal with the WTD at least 90% of the time.

Not the best advice you could give! :confused:

Why :question: as the WTD is only legislation so far nobody has been prosecuted under this the drivers hours are Law

animal, I believe you’ll find that legislation and law are one and the same :wink:

Legislation is statute law which means it’s been suggested and for the most part worked out by a legislator (quango type committee) and discussed and amended if necessary then passed by parliament.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’ve got that wrong though :wink:

I’m not sure if anyone has been prosecuted for failing to comply with the WTD but companies and drivers have faced the TC over it, though as far as I’m aware only when they’ve been called before the TC for other and probably more serious offences, usually tachograph rules related.

waddy640:
If the criteria for a break and POA are identical…

They aren’t, which is why they can’t have the same effect on driving time.

Conor:
WTD rules are simple. I’ll post them again for the dumbasses who’ve still not got them after more than THREE YEARS. :unamused: :unamused:

30 minute break once you’ve reached 6hrs and will continue working.

People in glass houses and all that. Yes it is amazing the number of dumb-■■■’s who still think it’s 30 minutes before exceeding 6 hours after more than THREE YEARS. :unamused: :unamused: OH and BTW it is more than 5 years you have had to learn the rules.

See THIS THREAD which contains copies of emails from the Department for Transport which confirms only 15 minutes are required before exceeding 6 hours. Have a read and maybe after all this time you will finally get it right.

That course you went on a while back really was a waste of money as you appear to have been taught three fifths of ■■■■ all. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

When does the WTD actually start? coz when it does I’m looking for a career change :smiling_imp:

Dunno then?:

Coffeeholic:
Ignore the WTD, stick to the tacho regs and you will be legal with the WTD at least 90% of the time.

Not the best advice you could give! :confused:

Why not? He is new and the tacho rules take precedence and sticking to them keeps you are near as it matters it in line with the WTD ones as well. I never pay attention to the WTD regs but stick to the tacho rules and have never received a WTD infringement. Also, no one is monitoring or enforcing the WTD regulations so it is better for him to get his head round the important ones first and worry about the others later on if he wishes.

Falling foul of the tacho rules could cost him money, or worse and falling foul of the WTD regs will, at worst, get him a lecture.

jimti:
When does the WTD actually start? coz when it does I’m looking for a career change :smiling_imp:

Soon. The 4th of April 2005. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Conor:
WTD rules are simple. I’ll post them again for the dumbasses who’ve still not got them after more than THREE YEARS. :unamused: :unamused:

30 minute break once you’ve reached 6hrs and will continue working.

People in glass houses and all that. Yes it is amazing the number of dumb-■■■’s who still think it’s 30 minutes before exceeding 6 hours after more than THREE YEARS. :unamused: :unamused: OH and BTW it is more than 5 years you have had to learn the rules.

See THIS THREAD which contains copies of emails for the Department for Transport which confirms only 15 minutes are required before exceeding 6 hours. Have a read and maybe after all this time you will finally get it right.

That course you went on a while back really was a waste of money as you appear to have been taught three fifths of [zb] all. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I quite agree with this old thread, some people haven’t got a clue :laughing:

Strangely most of my few infringements are for exceeding the six hour thingy. Now i’m going to look and see what this fifteen minute thing is as this seems to have passed me by

So you still need thirty minutes but you can split it, this I knew but is not much help to me as most of my infringements are " infringed" at the end of a shift. Mostly because I can’t be arsed when i’m going to be going to be clocking out in a few minutes.

WTD OVER,POA,S 15 HOUR SPREAD. Who dreamed this stupid thing up,I do know that Ron Web Leader of Unite the rag mans union is all for it he thinks the self employed like me should be part of it he says it will stop self employed being abused by big companies ,the ■■■■■■■■■ that is why were self employed…15 hour spread over dont make me laugh