Drivers Hours AND WTD

Is it me or is it about time all these rules were simplified its ok for the managers and office staff after all they in the large part use computer programes that work all this out for them mos of us dont have that in the cab well not the soft ware anyway Drivers Hours and Tacho rules are surley enough to keep us working reasonable hours and having enough breaks ect adding the working time directive to it is just not needed whats your thoughts

Ignore the WTD, stick to the tacho regs and you will be legal with the WTD at least 90% of the time.

I too ignore the WTD rules and adhere to the tacho regs, IMHO the WTD is a load of bollox

I did a 15 hour spreadover, 8h59m driving and two 45 min breaks and guess what? I got an infringement because I went over six hours between the end of the first break and the start of the second break. Do they really want the job done or is the paperwork more important?

On days where you do more “other work” than “driving” it can cause a problem.

If the criteria for a break and POA are identical then why can’t they have the same effect on driving hours. On the tacho. POA will reset the driving hours if it exceeds 45 mins. Perhaps we have been conned somewhere.

waddy640:
I did a 15 hour spreadover, 8h59m driving and two 45 min breaks and guess what? I got an infringement because I went over six hours between the end of the first break and the start of the second break. Do they really want the job done or is the paperwork more important?

On days where you do more “other work” than “driving” it can cause a problem.

If the criteria for a break and POA are identical then why can’t they have the same effect on driving hours. On the tacho. POA will reset the driving hours if it exceeds 45 mins. Perhaps we have been conned somewhere.

They like paperwork, just bin the company infringement notice, it will make you feel better.

I don’t rely on the driving hour display on the tacho for the same reason I never relied on it in a Renault Premium or when using Transics etc.

is anyone sticking to the max 60 hours? does anyone have a clue what their average is? and is there / would there be a plan to bring it in line if needed before the end of the reference period?

i’ve just changed jobs, the previous job got a bit of poa in and was was monday - friday, never had to really worry about wtd. new job want every other saturday, this week total hours 73.5, 13.75 poa / breaks, = 59.75 working hours. this was 3 hours on sat as advised them on friday thats all i’d have left, other wise it would of been 6 - 8 hours

stevie

WTD rules are simple. I’ll post them again for the dumbasses who’ve still not got them after more than THREE YEARS. :unamused: :unamused:

30 minute break once you’ve reached 6hrs and will continue working.
10hr daily limit if you do any work at all between 00:00-04:00 unless there is a workplace agreement. The agreement must be signed by drivers representatives with the agreement of the drivers, not just management.
48hr average weekly limit over a set reference period of either 17 or 26 weeks.
You cannot work any more than 60hrs in any one week
PoA and breaks do not count as working time.

All those dumbasses who ■■■■■ on about the long hours and being knackered then ignore the very rules that are there to help them…

stevieboy308:
is anyone sticking to the max 60 hours? does anyone have a clue what their average is? and is there / would there be a plan to bring it in line if needed before the end of the reference period?

For the love of god…

ASK YOUR EMPLOYER. They are obliged to tell you.

And yes, there is a plan. You either have your working week curtailed or stop working altogether. A mate of mine has been doing 60hrs every week and is looking at 4 weeks sat at home, on pay AND IN ADDITION TO HIS HOLIDAYS, because the company he drives for cocked up.

Conor:
WTD rules are simple. I’ll post them again for the dumbasses who’ve still not got them after more than THREE YEARS. :unamused: :unamused:

10hr daily limit if you do any work at all between 00:00-04:00 unless there is a workplace agreement. The agreement must be signed by drivers representatives with the agreement of the drivers, not just management.

All those dumbasses who ■■■■■ on about the long hours and being knackered then ignore the very rules that are there to help them…

Is it any wonder there is confusion when things like this are posted.

Remember that the WTD is legislation NOT Law

The drivers hours are LAW so you need to stick to them

Simple

stevieboy308:

i’ve just changed jobs, the previous job got a bit of poa in and was was monday - friday, never had to really worry about wtd. new job want every other saturday, this week total hours 73.5, 13.75 poa / breaks, = 59.75 working hours. this was 3 hours on sat as advised them on friday thats all i’d have left, other wise it would of been 6 - 8 hours

stevie

I ask every monday what my average for this ref period,last monday i was on 46.25 hrs even though im banging in between 63 - 74 hrs a week (working 5 shifts one week,6 shifts the next),if i start to go over the magic 48 hr average they just put me on locals with loads of poa :unamused:

Conor:

You should be ashamed of yourself calling others Dumbasses as you clearly do not understand the rules :
The minimum break when you reached 6 hrs is 15 minutes and you are entitled to have 30 if you work between 6 and 9 over nine you are entitled to have 45, BUT no break of 30 minutes is required as you reach 6 hrs of work because breaks can be divided.
Read it again - Illiterate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

waddy640:

Conor:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

These directives are just silly i mean you dont count poa or breaks but you count 40 hours holiday when you not even there very strange

MisterStrood:

Conor:

You should be ashamed of yourself calling others Dumbasses as you clearly do not understand the rules :
The minimum break when you reached 6 hrs is 15 minutes and you are entitled to have 30 if you work between 6 and 9 over nine you are entitled to have 45, BUT no break of 30 minutes is required as you reach 6 hrs of work because breaks can be divided.
Read it again - Illiterate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

At least someone knows the rules.

animal:
Remember that the WTD is legislation NOT Law

The drivers hours are LAW so you need to stick to them

Simple

I think you will find that law and legislation are the same thing. According to my dictionary they are anyway.

look here its from ROAD HAULAGE ASSOCIATION. shows both driving hours & WTD (Waste of Time & Days).

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a016c239#/a016c239/148

chris mc:
look here its from ROAD HAULAGE ASSOCIATION. shows both driving hours & WTD (Waste of Time & Days).

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a016c239#/a016c239/148

If you read that it is even more confusing, drivers hours take precedence over WTD but if you are not driving then WTD applies.

waddy640:

Conor:

Nope? : :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Ignore the WTD, stick to the tacho regs and you will be legal with the WTD at least 90% of the time.

Not the best advice you could give! :confused: