Drivers CPC ... how we all getting on?

Done mine got mi card :smiley:

Still plenty of time, so will give it another year and see if I can find a job where company pays or some other type of work away from driving.

ROG:

FLIP:
Covered until 2019 for about two years now but as the company just keeps holding training days when the work’s quiet I’ve just received my card valid to 2024.

DQC valid til 2024 !!! - how did that come about ?

Yeah, I wondered that too.

I’ve done 7 hours- but only because the co I was with at the time paid for it.
I have no intention of doing any more if I have to pay so will be hanging up my keys.
I’m fed up of all the bureaucracy in the driving game which I can only see increasing so I for one will be
finding something else.

At 28 hours now.

Booked on for ADR in June so will be claiming my last 7hr there and jobs a good un.

the maoster:

ROG:

FLIP:
Covered until 2019 for about two years now but as the company just keeps holding training days when the work’s quiet I’ve just received my card valid to 2024.

Yeah, I wondered that too.

I was as surprised as you lads but the card dropped through the letterbox about a week ago.
I’m guessing it’s because of the hours of mind numbingly interesting classroom work we’ve done,as you know, it’s all logged and recorded via (iirc) DVLA.
Thing is I have a memory span only slightly shorter than the average low IQ goldfish, so I’ll be lucky if I can remember where it is next week let alone by 2024!
Our “driver trainer” says the hours should only accrue after 2019 but apparently another lad at ours has received one too.
We’ll probably get a letter from DVLA or some such asking us to return them but as I say finding it will be the thing lol!

ROG:

FLIP:

We were told the same. Got my card until 2019 but if I sit in on any further modules they can be used toward the next 5 year period ie: 2019-2024.

Cheers
Neilf

Got to hold my head in shame and say I an done any training yet…Looks as though I may end up funding it all myself…
Did my class 1 & 2 to escape the boredom of my day job, but it all got screwed up when I injured my back…

Must look into it and get it sorted

Daylight robbery…tax on your job…waste of time…so no i wont be going anywhere near it, im so lucky ! to get grandfather rites until next year…boots will be hung up for good after that, i dont envy new drivers coming into the job pay thousands out get crap wages to do the job, unless you have a corker of a job which are very few, more and more every year give up the job…i can see it happening next year…for us older drivers its not worth the hassle and bullshine. :cry:

I have my card,and still think of it as a waste of time and money.The trainer spent the time switching on you tube videos that have been posted on this very site before.

FLIP:
Thing is I have a memory span only slightly shorter than the average low IQ goldfish, so I’ll be lucky if I can remember where it is next week let alone by 2024!

As the law is that you have to carry it with you when driving commercially it is unlikely that you will forget where it is

The 2024 DQC date is deffo illegal according to the EU rules but hey ho … hold onto it and say nowt :smiley:

Doing my last 2 courses in the next few days. I have friends who are leaving it until next year. Three different instructors have told me that a good percentage of people will be unable to get on courses to finish on time. They also stated that no extra time will be given, so no digicard no driving commercials after the date in 2014. I think the fine quoted is £1000 ■■?

ROG:

FLIP:

As the law is that you have to carry it with you when driving commercially it is unlikely that you will forget where it is

The 2024 DQC date is deffo illegal according to the EU rules but hey ho … hold onto it and say nowt :smiley:

Aye cheers for that ROG and good point too. Only carrying the one dated to 2019. Best pyt the other in my folder too. Doubt we’ll ever get asked for it (haven’t even been into a VOSA check since about 2002). Wonder what their reaction would be should I present it…?
Probably wouldn’t know either way.
Wondering now if many more lads n lasses have received theirs beyond 2019.

I have done 14 hours but as I no longer drive I won’t be doing the other 21 so those 14 will get flushed away next year. I’m still keeping the licence and any time I use it in the future will be without a DCPC. It won’t be very often anyway, in the last month I’ve driven a truck once, a 12 tonner for about 7 minutes.

FLIP:
Only carrying the one dated to 2019. Best pyt the other in my folder too. Doubt we’ll ever get asked for it (haven’t even been into a VOSA check since about 2002). Wonder what their reaction would be should I present it…?

There are others with legal DQCs dated well beyond 2019 so presenting one dated 2024 should not be a great issue

samwilson1:
I think the fine quoted is £1000 ■■?

Up to that for both driver and operator if dcpc not completed
£30 FPN for having it completed but not carrying DQC

samwilson1:
Doing my last 2 courses in the next few days. I have friends who are leaving it until next year. Three different instructors have told me that a good percentage of people will be unable to get on courses to finish on time. They also stated that no extra time will be given, so no digicard no driving commercials after the date in 2014. I think the fine quoted is £1000 ■■?

And the boys at VOSA will be taking a very keen interest in drivers who have not got it after that date. You can be sure of more roadside checks done than ever before to catch drivers driving without one.

I’m not doing it. Tax on our jobs. I will wait til September 2014 when it will get scrapped due to mass shortage of drivers and laugh in the faces of every mug that’s paid for it while my phone rings nonstop from desperate haulage companies asking me to name my price to get their trailers full of beans til Tesbury’s. Yep.

Done 21 hrs and have remaining 14 booked for June and Oct 2013…have been told that course prices will rise as of Jan 2014 so thought I’d better get it all done before then!

Tazbug:
Done 21 hrs and have remaining 14 booked for June and Oct 2013…have been told that course prices will rise as of Jan 2014 so thought I’d better get it all done before then!

That’s what they want you to believe.

I dont think it will get to those extreems Rob, there will defo be a lot thinking bollox to it only got a year or 6 mnths till i retire in the back of there mind and pack it in…and rather spend the money on a fortnight in Spain…at the end of the day i cant see any point in it wot so ever…its been invented by some pen pusher with idle time that thinks up ways of screwing working men out of more money, i wouldnt do it for nowt on principal …better things to do than listen to some ■■■■■■ droning on 7 -8 hours at a time . :frowning: