Drivers CPC ... how we all getting on?

How are you getting on with your drivers CPC ■■?

Personally, I haven’t done a jot yet, our firm originally said they were going to put us all through it in company time, even stating in Commercial motor that they had Govt funding for CPC and NVQ, and now they say they will give us ‘in house’ training at a cost to ourselves of £65 a session, to be taken in our own time.

Also, how many of us are thinking of throwing in our licences and retiring or diversifying, rather that take the drivers CPC ■■?

Only got 7hrs left to do before September 2014, so I’d say I’m on track with it.

Only done 7 hours. But I have till 2016

Got the little card and I must say that i feel…

Ripped off but there ya go.Im right till 2019 and by then I will have either won the lottery,retired or died.

WFcares.

Just checked, 21 hours done.

Done 14 hours so far, but starting a new job next week and my 1st few days will consist of finishing my CPC, without charge :smiley:

weeto:
Just checked, 21 hours done.

You check online?? I remember being told it was possible, but I can’t remember the site??

Got my ticket already.

Company funded training and even threw in a free fry up. As we work nights it was in our own time but all we had to do was make sure we were in the yard and they paid our night out for being there.

I don’t agree with the way in which the DCPC has been rolled out and I think it’s a missed opportunity to give drivers some real world useful training. It is however coming, like it or not, and I still need to earn a wage after sept 2014 so I put myself out to get the training without having to put my hand in my pocket.

Cheers
Neilf

£65 per 7 hours in your time !!

If its just price then get courses that are around £50 or less and save some money

selby newcomer:
…You check online?? I remember being told it was possible, but I can’t remember the site??

You need to apply for an access code if you haven’t already done so & that is sent in the post.

Last 7 hours to go in September, only because I’ve done the rest so may as well finish it, even though I’m not driving now.

espresso:
‘…How are you getting on with your drivers CPC… ?’

Am now three fifths done at the company’s time/expense: They’re either very generous, twitchy or wanting to make us suffer because the last 7hr module (Safe, Economic, Rural & Urban Driving) was shifted over 9 hours :neutral_face:

In reality it was eight and a half hrs from clock-on to-clock-off after ‘leaning on the teach’ as well as a freebie scran in the canteen :smiley:

All I’ve learned of known benefit has resulted in me buying branded diesel instead of budget supermarket stuff.

Q My conclusion on the back of a ■■■-packet?
A I’m paying 2-3% more per litre of diesel for an estimated 8-ish% improvement in mpg*

:arrow_right: Obviously, I still loathe the federalised and undemocratic intrusion of the EU :wink:

*That’ll be buying BP versus the previously preferred Asda: Can a mathematician advise if I ought to be (even more) happy, please!? :unamused:

tallyman:

selby newcomer:
…You check online?? I remember being told it was possible, but I can’t remember the site??

Check your Driver CPC periodic training hours - GOV.UK

You need to apply for an access code if you haven’t already done so & that is sent in the post.

Last 7 hours to go in September, only because I’ve done the rest so may as well finish it, even though I’m not driving now.

I’m all done till 2019.its amazing how many cards you’ve got to carry around like. :grimacing:

Done 14 Hrs so far and should see the rest off with an ADR course I’m booking soon. Company is offering various courses so I’ll go along to them for the day out too :slight_smile:

Not done any. :blush:

Covered until 2019 for about two years now but as the company just keeps holding training days when the work’s quiet I’ve just received my card valid to 2024. I imagine it will either be lost or ragged by then mind you…

scottythegeordie:
‘… its amazing how many cards you’ve got to carry around …’

Or a cunning measure to manage throat slicing lorry-drivers :question:

[My irony inferring that the Government is unable to whack a cows ■■■■ with a banjo - unless you’re a law abiding tax-payer whereupon they’ll bleed you white to fund the federalisation programme :wink: ]

done 3 parts,got clean class 1 but do’nt use it :open_mouth:

I can’t imagine anybody going through the rigmorol of getting a class 1 now from nothing

1. medical then provisional
  2. theory test
  3. cpc module 2 and 4
  4. lessons class 2 then test
  5. lessons class 1 then test
  6. drivers cpc
  7. digi tacho card

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

have i missed anything ?

stobarttrucker:
done 3 parts,got clean class 1 but do’nt use it :open_mouth:

I can’t imagine anybody going through the rigmorol of getting a class 1 now from nothing

1. medical then provisional
  2. theory test
  3. cpc module 2 and 4
  4. lessons class 2 then test
  5. lessons class 1 then test
  6. drivers cpc
  7. digi tacho card

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

have i missed anything ?

Yes then you work 15 hours a day for peanuts with plod or vosa chasin your ■■■ or go on the rock and roll for a pay rise

FLIP:
Covered until 2019 for about two years now but as the company just keeps holding training days when the work’s quiet I’ve just received my card valid to 2024.

DQC valid til 2024 !!! - how did that come about ?