Driver wages sensible answers please

I’m looking at possibly putting a driver on my truck doing traction from the docks it’s easy enough work usually a couple of nights out per week. Not sure what the going rate is for a driver on this work is. I know what I can afford to pay just want to know if the two are in the same area. Based in se London if that makes a difference and no smart arses saying £15ph please.

I think you answered your question. You can only pay him what you can afford.
How about paying him what you would like to be paid as a driver?

No offence mate it ain’t a fortune I can afford but at the same time it’s not a charity.

£6.50ph sounds plenty to me. :laughing: Or find a eastern european to work for £5ph :bulb:

Oops sorry you said sensible :blush: How about £9.50ph for 48hrs and 2 nightouts money will see driver taking home £400+ a week. :question:

Forget the other conversation. Advertise the job at the rate you can afford to pay it’s financial suicide to pay above that. If it’s not an attractive enough rate you will struggle to attract a decent driver it’s as simple as that.

I class myself as an honest n hard working driver I’d roughly imagine your looking at 60 hours per week with various start n fin times if I was lookin for a job I would say I’d want minuim of 110 a shift b4 stoppages n say 20 quid a night out I run my own truck At mo n with holiday pay paye bank holls etc I don’t really c how payin what I’ve quoted is viable but thn your rates on dock work might be good I don’t no

I was looking at £100 a day so not far out

kr79:

Plus night out money @ £20 :question:

Yeah plus night out

kr79:

dont forget the ni contribution you have to pay

kr79:
Yeah plus night out

You want someone self employed not paye and someone who will run the truck as their own.

The other thing I’d introduce as well is say 300 quid a year non accident bonus as I imagine your ins excess is around the 500 mark so in one way if he has a prang it all cost u five hundred if he don’t your save200 n a load of grief you get the right bloke workin for you n if nothing untoward goes wrong I’d say your break even n probably makin a ton a week but get the wrong bloke n u cud be losin a ton a day I’ve no Experiance of employing people but have a lot of close friends who have hope you find the right bloke

pay a day rate of £120 a day everything all in no night out money. parking and tolls are down to you. self employed or ltd company drivers only.

Take your time finding a driver. Someone who doesn’t smash the truck or the load, can find his way from A to B, doesn’t get peoples backs up and who turns in for work. Use your contacts to find one. Good luck!

If I do take a driver on I have a few possible contenders. I wouldn’t advertise I’ve never had a job where it’s been advertised its always been word of mouth. That way no one puts a name up unless they know there up to the job and won’t make them look bad.

44 Tonne Ton:
Take your time finding a driver. Someone who doesn’t smash the truck or the load, can find his way from A to B, doesn’t get peoples backs up and who turns in for work. Use your contacts to find one. Good luck!

Quite :confused:

44 Tonne Ton:

that counts out my mate Kev then :blush: :blush: :blush: :cry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■ off Rob it wasn’t my fault you wasn’t going where I wanted to :smiley: :smiley:

kr79:
[zb] off Rob it wasn’t my fault you wasn’t going where I wanted to :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: