Driver Tool Kit

Afternoon guys,
This is my first post so please be kind.
Iv had my class 1 since February I drive a 2543 Merc Axor (not the best but a good starting off truck)
I’m looking for help as to what to get in terms of tool box. Like what tools to get to change bulbs, air lines and stuff. Iv looked around at spanner sets, screwdriver sets but not really sure what to get so any help would be appreciated.

refmoss:
Afternoon guys,
Iv had my class 1 since February I drive a 2543 Merc Axor (not the best but a good starting off truck)
I’m looking for help as to what to get in terms of tool box. Like what tools to get to change bulbs, air lines and stuff. Iv looked around at spanner sets, screwdriver sets but not really sure what to get so any help would be appreciated.

duke tape wd.40 big hamer welcome driver if you canot fix it with them get a biger hamer :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

A few spare bulbs, cable ties, ratchet strap, water and a few hand tools. Anything else you phone a fitter nowadays.

A sewing kit for your tyres, comes in very handy if you want to get home and not wait for a tyre fitter :wink:

wirksworth rod:

refmoss:
Afternoon guys,

duke tape wd.40 big hamer welcome driver if you canot fix it with them get a biger hamer :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

bigger hammer lol …were you a fitter wae Transfleet by any chance.

If you did your dcpc you’ll know that you don’t need any tools because you’re not qualified to do any work on your truck including replacement of bulbs!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

JIMBO47:

wirksworth rod:

refmoss:
Afternoon guys,

hi jimbo no mate old scool if you carnt fix it by pass it :laughing: :laughing:

Many experienced Drivers with a lot more years of CI driving would be grateful for your 2543 “starter motor” :unamused: :laughing:
Philips screwdriver pair of pliers and maybe a hammer is all you should need anything else its a fitters job,

Best tool for an Axor is an agency driver.

wirksworth rod:

JIMBO47:

wirksworth rod:

refmoss:
Afternoon guys,

hi jimbo no mate old scool if you carnt fix it by pass it :laughing: :laughing:

work at rugby cement years a go for ak transport rugby driver did hi walk round check got a rear marker light out whent to office was told to waight till 8 o.clock for fitter to come in this was five am so out of devillment put a bulb in and told driver it workin now mate he was not imprest lost his 3 hours on bed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

:sunglasses: wot you mean happy sac …pmsl :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:
If you did your dcpc you’ll know that you don’t need any tools because you’re not qualified to do any work on your truck including replacement of bulbs!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Valid point but if your out on the road and you do carry spare bulbs and you have one go. It is rocket science to change a bulb. Thanks for the response guys.

wirksworth rod:

eagerbeaver:

:sunglasses: wot you mean happy sac …pmsl :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

PMSL. I have read on this forum the reputation the Axor has.

My tool kit is bulbs all types unit and trailer screwdriver set with flat Philips and t bits plyers crowbar hammer cable ties duck tape Stanley knife

GETTING:
My tool kit is bulbs all types unit and trailer screwdriver set with flat Philips and t bits plyers crowbar hammer cable ties duck tape Stanley knife

And don’t let dvsa catch ya working on your truck! :wink: :wink:
Unless you’re qualified on the tools :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

My mobile phone is my toolkit been told don’t touch anything.

wirksworth rod:

eagerbeaver:

Some drivers need a dictionary, eh rod?

I whipped a phillips screwdriver and a single pin bulb out to do a quick side light on an old trl one morning so i could crack on,wrote on timesheet thinking i was doing good etc,when i ended the week i was given a propper bollocking because unknowing to me the new fleet gaffer only me allows to drive the lorry nowt else,even a sodding bulb you have to get volvo out,wtf is all that about :open_mouth: :unamused: