Driver Tool Kit

Most agency’s supply bulbs. That’s if they bother turning up.

eagerbeaver:
Most agency’s supply bulbs. That’s if they bother turning up.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My mate not allowed to do anything, can’t put water or ad blue in

Crow bar, couple of screw drivers, cable ties, duck tape & I’ve got an airline that I connect to the red suzi to ‘Get me out of Trouble’ very useful, especially on landfills, & the modern drivers ‘Must Have’ mobile phone.
Our lot don’t want us changing bulbs anymore, apparently there’s so many different fittings, we are not qualified to put the right bulb in the right hole any more.
I tried to swap a suzi a while ago & it was a different thread, wasted half an hour trying, so had to wait for the fitter with the correct threaded suzi.

Defect book and a pen,maybe 2 pens incase one runs out.
Job done!

I carry socket set grips combination spanners adjustable spanners pliers screwdrivers a jemmybar lump hammer claw hammer torque wrench airline that connects to the suzies with pressure gauge to put air into tyres if I have a slow puncture with enough hose to reach the rear wheels on trl tape and tie wraps in most cases I have enough tools on me to fix the problem to get me home I will add I own the lorry

I’ve got a duffel bag I cart around with me, couple of screwdrivers, as well as one of those ratchet jobs with a selection of bits, including torx, couple of pairs of pliers, inc long nose and snips, cheap set of spanners, cable ties, ratchet strap (donated by some guy called Tonto one night when I had a pallet collapse in Upton-upon-Severn) bulb kit, roll of duck tape, insulation tape and a knife.

There’s a big bar that’s always been in my side locker since I got the unit, works well as an all purpose lever and hammer. [emoji2]

I have noticed alot of companies now wont let us drivers do anything to the trucks like even put Adblue in them. When I was at Knights of old, it was like that. But the company in with now will let us do stuff like change airlines, bulbs and that to save money and calling out a mechanic.

Are you with AKW by any chance?

As partially echoed, a hammer, bulbs , cable ties, duct tape + screwdriver kit one with pullout ends for changeable Phillips, star ends , straights etc. Bungie straps can be useful . & a thick black marker pen . A couple of ratchet straps & a dogclip & an empty or full container such as a bottle of water. If on containers a hollow steel pipe a a larger hammer is good.

refmoss:
I have noticed alot of companies now wont let us drivers do anything to the trucks like even put Adblue in them. When I was at Knights of old, it was like that. But the company in with now will let us do stuff like change airlines, bulbs and that to save money and calling out a mechanic.

WTF,
can’t put Adblue in ■■?
Why don’t they stop you putting diesel in as well ?
Imagine getting that spilt on your trousers !
Ooooooo the smell all day !

Bloody jobs getting worse by the day !

I have to top my Adblue up every time I fill up with diesel (Man TGX, uses about 1 tank of Adblue to 1 tank of diesel)

Where I used to work, we had Euro 5 Dafs and MANs. I once watched a newbie fill the bottle in the nearside footwell of a MAN (marked with a windscreen and a jet of water!!!) with adblue.

This guy had recently passed his class 2, and was sent out with me one day. I asked him if he’d driven one since his test.

Apparently he’s been on the 18 tonners ever since he’d started. Which was clever, as we didn’t have any at the time.

Turns out he meant the 7.5s, he’d seen 180 on the door badges and assumed it meant the weight.

PaulNowak:
Where I used to work, we had Euro 5 Dafs and MANs. I once watched a newbie fill the bottle in the nearside footwell of a MAN (marked with a windscreen and a jet of water!!!) with adblue.

This guy had recently passed his class 2, and was sent out with me one day. I asked him if he’d driven one since his test.

Apparently he’s been on the 18 tonners ever since he’d started. Which was clever, as we didn’t have any at the time.

Turns out he meant the 7.5s, he’d seen 180 on the door badges and assumed it meant the weight.

Blimey, all of a sudden I don’t feel so bad about not knowing my truck models, but to think a 7.5 wagon could be 18 tons is even beyond my stupidity, I hope!
As for Adblue, I filled mine up for the first time on Friday. No instruction, but do you really need any considering how simple it is…
It sounds like this Newbie didn’t even know what Adblue was, and as it looks like screen wash, he made a reasonable assumption.
Perhaps we need a new DCPC module on Adblue! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

Blimey, all of a sudden I don’t feel so bad about not knowing my truck models, but to think a 7.5 wagon could be 18 tons is even beyond my stupidity, I hope!
As for Adblue, I filled mine up for the first time on Friday. No instruction, but do you really need any considering how simple it is…
It sounds like this Newbie didn’t even know what Adblue was, and as it looks like screen wash, he made a reasonable assumption.

Know your place buddy ,newby site :wink:

He knew it was adblue, and it was the only opening he could see on the motor, that wasn’t a million miles away from the adblue tank of a Daf.

Scary thing is, I believe he delivers bricks on a HIAB now. Personally I wouldn’t have trusted him carrying a bucket.

PaulNowak:

Bet he knew after trying to clean screen! I’ll admit I did this by accident and ■■■■ stuff doesn’t half frost up on windscreen!

And before anyone jumps about over it and how could you etc , we have IBC with water in that we fill up washer bottles with, however we also have one round back that has adblue in. Guy came to fill it up and picked wrong IBC to put it in!

Not nice going down motorway, use washer to get rid of bug smears and then find you can’t see FA!

seth 70:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

But in the same respects Paul,if you observed this…why not simply step in and point the guy in the right direction…I mean we all had to start somewhere… where as some new ppl don’t have a brains …all had to start somewhere

WD40 and duct tape jobs a good un

image.jpg

Safety pins in case my peek a boo curtains need held in place

happysack:

wirksworth rod:

eagerbeaver:
Best tool for an Axor is an agency driver.

:sunglasses: wot you mean happy sac …pmsl :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Some drivers need a dictionary, eh rod?

:laughing: yes you got me there green boy :sunglasses: :sunglasses: