driver shortage

you are right scanny 77 about it shortage being in different areas i no that in midlands like magna park there are loads of jobs. its not difficult to find an addres though if you dont speak the langauge as many of us brits used to run abroad and had no trouble. its true that eastern block drivers are doing a lot of work now but thats just the way the world has gone same as mining and shipbuilding and steel and theres nothing can be done about it… i always found the blokes from eastern block were diamonds always ready to help and ive been there a lot so dont hate them its not them they are just doing jobs like us for our families.

paul@midway:
The words : recession , interest rates , consumer spending and lack of .
Will give you a fairly good indication as to why firms are laying off just before christmas rather than taking on …

:wink:

correct.

me too warrior and paul i think there is a massive recession on the way thank god i got my house paid for now i think i wont work again ho hum so what?

paul@midway:
The words : recession , interest rates , consumer spending and lack of … :wink:

Just few more words
Incompetant politicians who dont include tax council tax mortgage rent petrol and a whole shed load of nescecities in the intrest rate calculations., and before any budding politician tells me that we’ve got the lowest intrest rates for forty years, well totaly irrelevant when you have borrow 5 times your income to buy your nightmare home in the first place. So Mr G Brown no wonder you want to move house so quickly, the time bomb is ticking and you dont want be holding it when it goes off,
Just a few more words
I thought it very coincidental that just as the UK government adopts the RTD part of the WTD, 10 new countries full of budding truckers join the european union :open_mouth: the whole thing stinks, :imp:

As I thought, a complete myth.
Great!!!
£28,000 in debt,
£2,000 wasted on getting a licence that I can’t use
Keen as mustard but no-one will take me on, even those that are advertising!!!
not even bothered about the money as long as I get this thing called experience
Why do I bother■■?

Semtex, have you thought of Trade Plate delivery work? Most co’s in that line of business will take on inexperienced drivers…though expect to get a lot of 5 yr old dust carts & road sweepers for the first month or so.

I found it to be excellent experience for driving different makes, gear boxes, axle configurations, etc.

I hope there is one, they might give me the old license back a bit sooner then! :wink:

Semtex:
As I thought, a complete myth.
Great!!!
£28,000 in debt,
£2,000 wasted on getting a licence that I can’t use
Keen as mustard but no-one will take me on, even those that are advertising!!!
not even bothered about the money as long as I get this thing called experience
Why do I bother■■?

I take it you dont speak Polish then?,guaranteed job apparently with that ability…