Driver licence renewals

Are they sending out renewal and medical forms this year or not, my licence expires on 24th December?

Sapper

I doubt anyone would know for sure, but you can get them to send you the forms you need, so I’d do that to be on the safe side.
forms.dft.gov.uk/apply-lorry-bu … g-licence/

With mine they posted a form so I could either do the medical and get 5 years, or 1 year extension by self declaring.

gov.uk/renew-lorry-bus-coach-licence

gov.uk/renew-lorry-bus-coac … 45-or-over

Doesn’t apply if you have a normal 1 year renewal.

Edit: what Zac said (posted same time).

sapper:
Are they sending out renewal and medical forms this year or not, my licence expires on 24th December?

Sapper

Mine is due to expire 14/11/20 I recieved forms in usual way about a month ago.
Instead of D4 I got a medical questionaire to fill in . Not many questions, most were about me allowing access to my med. records. The eyesight section was a bit misleading so I rang DVLA to clarify as I have an existing eye condition. The very nice lady I spoke to said dont bother with that part, send it blank.
I did all the other forms , sent them off, recieved my new licence within two weeks.
Valid for one year, which is all I get anyway ( over 65 )
So thats my tale , hope that sheds some light.
Jim

My forms arrived without me requesting, took me a month to get a medical booked, sent completed forms plus identity papers (comrade), licence came back in record time.

Thanks guys, not received forms yet, might come this week, I’ll wait a week yet.

Sapper

JFC999:

sapper:

Sapper

Instead of D4 I got a medical questionaire to fill in . Not many questions, most were about me allowing access to my med. records. The eyesight section was a bit misleading so I rang DVLA to clarify as I have an existing eye condition. The very nice lady I spoke to said dont bother with that part, send it blank.
I did all the other forms , sent them off, recieved my new licence within two weeks.
Jim

I’ve renewed my licence on a yearly basis since I turned 65 in 2012, having had to pay for a medical each year. I wasn’t going to bother this year, but I think I will renew it one more time as it’s free this time :wink: it’s 50 years since I passed my Class One, so it’s a bit of a wrench to give it up. Regards Kev.

All the best to you Kev
Hope you get same treatment as me , I think some are having D4 sent to them , a mate at work age 69 recently renewed and had to have a medical. So see what they send you !
Let us know how you get on.
Jim

JFC999:
All the best to you Kev
Hope you get same treatment as me , I think some are having D4 sent to them , a mate at work age 69 recently renewed and had to have a medical. So see what they send you !
Let us know how you get on.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I’m expecting the forms to drop through the door shortly, I’ll keep you informed. I’ve been telling the family I’m not renewing every year, the reaction is usually oh yeah!! :unamused: :unamused: needless to say they’re always right.
Regards Kev.

Update, I’ve just got a reply from Swansea, I do not have to send in a D4 medical form, only the D2 completed and licence will run for another year, then medical. This applies for HGV expiring after Jan 2020

Sapper

sapper:
Update, I’ve just got a reply from Swansea, I do not have to send in a D4 medical form, only the D2 completed and licence will run for another year, then medical. This applies for HGV expiring after Jan 2020

Sapper

Good news sapper, saved money and aggravation !
Jim

I got my 5 yearly licence renewal forms through last month. They included the D4 medical form and a date by which it all had to be returned by.

I went online and the Gov website was saying all licence applications have been given an extra year (I think) so don’t send it in.

My forms had been sent to me after the website updated that info so I ignored that advice and sent it back minus the D4 as I’m sadly giving up my HGV entitlement now due to medical reasons.

I got my new licence back within a week of posting the forms off.

DVLA well up to scratch for me too. :smiley:
Im over 65 so now need a renewal of Goods Licence yearly, usually with a D4 medical. Didnt wait for the renewal to come through, as I was worried about possible C19 delays, but posted off a D2, no photo, no medical, no fee, and a new one arrived 8 days after posting.
No excuse not to earn my keep again I s`pose.

Further update, got the forms in the post, filled in the D2, no medical, sent off, back in 4 days, 1 year licence and note to get medical next year, excellent service from Swansea.

Sapper

Just got my tacho card reminder for next year, and when I completed my dcpc 4 months early the new card arrived a week later (November).

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

My tacho card recently took 10 days from receiving the forms to receiving the card

At least something’s are going to plan!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

kevmac47:

JFC999:

sapper:

Sapper

Jim

I’ve renewed my licence on a yearly basis since I turned 65 in 2012, having had to pay for a medical each year. I wasn’t going to bother this year, but I think I will renew it one more time as it’s free this time :wink: it’s 50 years since I passed my Class One, so it’s a bit of a wrench to give it up. Regards Kev.

Sent my renewal off on Dec 16th, (no medical) received it today , valid until Jan3 2022.
Ps. Don’t think I’ll renew it again !!! :wink: :wink: but wait! I think I’ve said that before!!! :bulb: :bulb: regards Kev.

i renewed mine in October and had to pay for the medical

I am over 65, phoned Swansea today and was told to fill out form, no medical,photo,or fee. Will let you know as the envelope will be in the post this afternoon.