Driver jailed

Link to METRO news report at METRO.co.uk

Just 8 months and a 2 year ban its pitiful really.

Oh well

cooper1203:

I see what…

You’re saying but, put yourself in his shoes. He never set out to kill anyone any more than I do or you but, because of his ignorance/bad luck/poor judgement/inexperience he’s killed someone. He’s got to live with that for the rest of his life and his family too.

Don’t get me wrong, the man ■■■■■■ up big time and the laws we have dictate how he should be punished.

If fit was you standing there in the dock before the judge for the same offence, would you be saying 8 months isn’t enough?

What we do for a living is a very fine line between another day at work or possibly destroying other peoples lives.

The sooner hands free are banned the better. Probably instead of adjusting his driving for the conditions his concentration was more focused on his phone call.
Whatever the case its all very sad and most likely totally avoidable.

wrong place ,wrong time,
dazzled by the sun bouncing off a wet road so what could he do to rectify the situation as mentioned in the newspaper,except park up and wait for the nasty sun to go away.
as usual the fact he was on a legally used hands free call gets plastered as a possible reason to jail him.
irrespective of using the phone or not,then that type of accident could happen to anyone.
the prison sentence serves no purpose whatsoever.
would anyone have a clue what additional precautions theyre waffling on about might be apart from mabey wearing sunglasses and impairing his vision even further?

ps,just for rowley/jake,

this is a perfect example of what happens when a hgv is being driven within the speed limits and not being driven normally at least 10 mph above them.
if he had been driving flat to the mat,then he would have been well past her,or not even on the same road as her at the time of the collision. :slight_smile:

jakethesnake:
totally avoidable.

Obviously not…

If it was ‘totally’ avoidable it wouldn’t have happened.

yourhavingalarf:

jakethesnake:
totally avoidable.

Obviously not…

If it was ‘totally’ avoidable it wouldn’t have happened.

Instead of trying to be a smart arse try to understand what MOST LIKELY means. :unamused:

Most likely…

Means; very possibly, a high percentage chance of something happening.

Totally avoidable means it was was bound to happen.

Instead of being a smart arse, try and string a coherent logically connected sentence together.

rolling eyes smiley

dieseldog999:
wrong place ,wrong time,
dazzled by the sun bouncing off a wet road so what could he do to rectify the situation as mentioned in the newspaper,except park up and wait for the nasty sun to go away.
as usual the fact he was on a legally used hands free call gets plastered as a possible reason to jail him.
irrespective of using the phone or not,then that type of accident could happen to anyone.
would anyone have a clue what additional precautions theyre waffling on about might be apart from mabey wearing sunglasses and impairing his vision even further?

ps,just for rowley/jake,

this is a perfect example of what happens when a hgv is being driven within the speed limits and not being driven normally at least 10 mph above them.
if he had been driving flat to the mat,then he would have been well past her,or not even on the same road as her at the time of the collision. :slight_smile:

I`m not sure here, but I am going to take a wild guess at what you should do if you cannot see the road or anything else in front of you…Stop? It is what I have done and would do again.

5…

4 3 2 1.

Enter Rowley.

Tude:

dieseldog999:
wrong place ,wrong time,

ps,just for rowley/jake,

I`m not sure here, but I am going to take a wild guess at what you should do if you cannot see the road or anything else in front of you…Stop? It is what I have done and would do again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

obviously that makes you one of the top productive employees in your company then?
i can only imagine the phone call to the planners.
hello,its sunny and i cans see so ive just stopped and il move again when the shiny sun goes away.

fantasy drivvle,dont be turning into a rowley/jts clone.

in your dreams.jpg

Tude:

dieseldog999:
wrong place ,wrong time,

ps,just for rowley/jake,

So you’re perfectly happy to stop in the live lane of a dual carriageway for however long it takes for the sun to move? What about a single carriageway? Would you block a road for however long?

Your answer is as extreme as the flat to the mat brigade. How about a little common sense. Maybe slow down a bit to give yourself more time. Put some polarised sunglasses on to cut out the glare. How about pulling the shade down?

cooper1203:

Why? Because he’s not English?

Nite Owl:

Tude:

dieseldog999:
wrong place ,wrong time,

ps,just for rowley/jake,

So you’re perfectly happy to stop in the live lane of a dual carriageway for however long it takes for the sun to move? What about a single carriageway? Would you block a road for however long?

Your answer is as extreme as the flat to the mat brigade. How about a little common sense. Maybe slow down a bit to give yourself more time. Put some polarised sunglasses on to cut out the glare. How about pulling the shade down?

only thing I would add to that is make sure the windscreen is completely demisted and clean.

Personally I think mobile phones should be banned completely when driving hands free or not. but that is just my personal opinion.

there are lots of variables to this scenario that only those involved will know but quite clearly the courts felt that he was at fault and just because they didn’t list all the circumstances doesn’t mean that he wasn’t at fault.

Whatever the case its all very sad and most likely totally avoidable

Please feel free to explain your problem with this sentence?

Please feel free to explain why it’s incoherent?

dieseldog999:

Tude:

dieseldog999:
wrong place ,wrong time,

ps,just for rowley/jake,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

obviously that makes you one of the top productive employees in your company then?
i can only imagine the phone call to the planners.
hello,its sunny and i cans see so ive just stopped and il move again when the shiny sun goes away.

fantasy drivvle,dont be turning into a rowley/jts clone.

I just wonder which phone call they would prefer

sorry im a little delayed for drop x because I had to ease off due to road conditions.

or

I was driving flat out even though I couldn’t see and I have killed someone oh and btw none of the remaining work is going to get done and there is damage to your truck so you got that to pay out for too.

Nite Owl:

Tude:

dieseldog999:
wrong place ,wrong time,

ps,just for rowley/jake,

Surely if you can’t see the road ahead clearly and have done everything else possible then you need to pull off the road or stop?

halewood:

cooper1203:

Why? Because he’s not English?

doesn’t matter if he is eastern european English or from mars

jakethesnake:
Surely if you can’t see the road ahead clearly and have done everything else possible then you need to pull off the road or stop?

As a night driver, every autumn I find myself driving into the setting sun and every spring i drive into the rising sun. The ONLY time I have ever considered stopping due to glare was on a motorway with settled snow at the side. Proper sunglasses (not just ones that make me look cool), proper adjustment on visors and appropriate speed meant that I didnt have to.