Driver in wheelchair

As anybody seen or know the driver who is in a wheelchair,hes on for bison transport and drives a silver volvo fh wagon and drag cutainsider ,he gets in and out the cab using a winch,i take my hat off to this fella what a star :sunglasses:

Yes fair play to him!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Not seen him but hats off to him. :sunglasses:
I have though seen plenty of drivers that look like they need a winch to enter and exit the cab :open_mouth:

Have heard of him but not seen him have seen the 1 arm driver has a black volvo

Saw one many years ago on for Croome. Had hand controls fitted. Fair play to the boys

T/net is summat to do with truck and driver mag ,the firm is bison transport :exclamation: they must do an article on this bloke the mans a legend how he copes with no legs ,with a curtainside wagon and drag aswell :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

seth 70:
T/net is summat to do with truck and driver mag ,the firm is bison transport :exclamation: they must do an article on this bloke the mans a legend how he copes with no legs ,with a curtainside wagon and drag aswell :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bet he never â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  or moans either lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not seen him, but have seen a driver who is/was working for a recycling firm around the Uxbridge area who has no hands, driving a wagon and drag skip wagon.

What about the drivers without brains that drive trucks these days? Seems to be hundreds of them! [emoji22]

I have never seen him but did hear about the guy.Fair play to him leading a normal life (well as normal as he can).This driver should get the up most respect in my option still out working and getting on with it.Just goes to show people who have it hard can still go out and do any job.To the driver we salute you sir.

Colin_scottish:
I have never seen him but did hear about the guy.Fair play to him leading a normal life (well as normal as he can).This driver should get the up most respect in my option still out working and getting on with it.Just goes to show people who have it hard can still go out and do any job.To the driver we salute you sir.

To be honest colin it was great to see how many drivers went over to him to see if they could help him out,as it happens it was only 2 plts out of the back doors with a forklift ,i wonder how he went on pulling the curtains :confused: to get out of the cab he thru his chair out on the end of a normal strap then lowered himself in with the winch,then to open the cab door he had like a stick with a hook because he wasnt high enough to reach it,i was talking to the security woman after hed left and the only thing he asked was if they could ring goods in because there was a flight of stairs he was unable to get up apart from that he wanted nothing,ive never seen anything like it :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Impressive man. Maybe a few us should remember his attitude, when we moan and cry about [zb] all.

Kinda puts it all into perspective when you hear stories of this quite frankly (although I doubt he’d think so) incredible guy battling adversity to try to have a normal life as possible, and then I look out of my front window and see the useless fekker across the road in his 3 year old Jag XF with blue badge who’s never worked a day since I’ve lived here.

Apparently the poor lamb has a bad back which prevents him working, doesn’t stop him going up the ladders to clean out his gutter mind you! :smiling_imp:

How does he pull the curtains back?

At Wissington Beet factory there’s a chap with an artificial leg and it takes him a bit longer to get out and do the back up. I never know whether to just offer to do it for him or not. Dont want to offend him.

alder:
How does he pull the curtains back?

I dont know pal it was 2 plts strait out of the back doors,i wondered if they were electric or summat :confused: how does he couple it up and drop it with it being a drag you have to get underneath :open_mouth:

Electric curtains :smiley: :smiley: now that should be implemented everywhere. Just imagine not having to get out of the cab at all :open_mouth: We could just pull up and hand the FLT driver the paperwork then just press the button on the dash, roller shutter rear doors go up and the curtains roll forward. A sensor in the middle of the truck bed would detect that the rear of the truck had been unloaded and automatically the curtains would roll to the rear. You would not even have to put your paper down/youtube whatever. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I want one now :smiling_imp:

alder:
Electric curtains :smiley: :smiley: now that should be implemented everywhere. Just imagine not having to get out of the cab at all :open_mouth: We could just pull up and hand the FLT driver the paperwork then just press the button on the dash, roller shutter rear doors go up and the curtains roll forward. A sensor in the middle of the truck bed would detect that the rear of the truck had been unloaded and automatically the curtains would roll to the rear. You would not even have to put your paper down/youtube whatever. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I want one now :smiling_imp:

I though this sounded like a box jockey :laughing:

This Scania 143 is driven by disabled driver who uses a wheelchair.

seth 70:

Ive just done some searching on the net and he worked for bison transport services dewsbury ,t&d need to get in touch with this firm and do an article on him :wink: