a ADR/HAZ CERIFICATE, plus he was found to have

a alchol blood level of 1.3 promille which is well over

the limit,and to make things even worse, the driver

has a arrest warrent from 2005 open,THE POLICE

will be bringing the case to the courts once the

investigation is completed, the link below is

still in german as i am unable to find a translation

HERE

Seems the first clue he was well over the limit was when he damaged a road sign and a traffic light while making a turn. :wink: :smiley: Caused about €500 damage and he drove away, the police stopped him an hour later, with accident damage visible to his vehicle and then found that he was over the limit and a wanted man to boot. There was also the small matter of 5 tonnes of hazardous liquid that wasn’t secured properly and the fact he didn’t have the necessary qualifications to be carrying it in the first place.

I don’t see fair trial abroad getting involved with this one. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

no nor do I Niel but i put it here just to

show that some times the police

are doing the job right,although

i think the report is only showing one side

as im GERMANY the person who loads

the vehicle is responsible for checking

that the driver is qualified to carry the load when

it is ADR/HAZ AND ALSO they have to ensure that

the load is secured as required by GERMAN law.

and this point is missing from the report

THE firm that gave this load to the transport driver

will be taken to court and will be fined and have points

given to the person who is acknowledged as being

responsible, and this fine will not be a small one

plus about 3points minimum.

perhaps the driver didn’t pick up the load in germany, maybe he was delivering to germany from the uk - the brits are very lapsy daisy over such things and many transport companies that sub work out don’t take much notice of the haz requirements, quite often they will collect haz with their own vehicles then reload it to a subby and mix it in with the rest of the load so the driver doesn’t know about it - and thats some of the big companies’ attitude too.
i know in germany they are very strict at most places but there are still a few that will load haz hoping the driver won’t say anything.
i’ve been refused on a number of occassions because i don’t have a haz licence anymore (not that i would have taken it anyway), i have always checked everything out, limited quantities can be very iffy too. i’ve had places which will only load one type of LQ and another truck has had to go and collect the second category, once it was just 2 small 5kg pails of something that they wouldn’t put on with 2 pallets of aerosol grease.
an outstanding warrant from 2005 isn’t such a long time really, i have found the german beaurocracy when dealing with uk citizens is a little slow to say the least.

Possible true Johnny as i found the report in the newspaper

not very imformative as regards the firn/person who had loaded

the truck,but this does not mean that they will not get brought

before the german courts, as for what you wrote about firms

breaking the law as regards the carriage of HAZ goods, YES

it seems that the transport branch in the UK does have afew

BLACK SHEEP; but to tell you the truth THEY are not alone

as it happens here in GERMANY AS WELL but not so often

as theconcequences when caught can close a firm down.

ALSO YES there is a loading system which states certain

products are not allowed to be mixed on the same trailer

that is one reason why you see a lot of Wagon & Drags

as with this method you can carry these goods seperate.

ONE VERY GOOD POINT HERE as johnny said some firms

hide the hazerdous well for those who are not in the know

if caught with undecleared ADR/HAZ/IMDG goods in the

docks or shuttle it is a prison offence and instead of a fine

you can end there, ANOTHER point the ferrys or shuttle may also

ban you from traverling with them,and this may be for life,

He probably had a drink to give hime courage to cross the border knowing he was on the German computer & carrying HAZ. without a brief.

I just hope he gets what he deserves. Arrogant (ZB)

Language edit mm

is there any update :question: :question: :question:

RoadSailor:
I just hope he gets what he deserves. Arrogant (zb)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i wouldnt say arrogant , i think stupid is the one.

just sorting the qoute mm

I have looked but on the web i have not found any thing new
about the driver,MY thoughts are that he will be held in remand
until they havedealt with the offence before the courts, which may have
all ready happened but as i stated before i can not see any thing
which shows any news about the driver,HE MAY HAVE paid a
caution so that he is on bail until the case becomes before
the courts, WHAT EVER HAPPENS he will recieve a BAN
for a year at least plus points on his licence and also A
large fine,in fact proberly more than one fine as he is
being held for more than one offence, I will try to see if
i can get a better answer,and if so will post it on here,

brit pete:
HE MAY HAVE paid a
caution so that he is on bail until the case becomes before
the courts

It really would surprise me if they let him out on bail since he may and certainly will take a chance and leave the country.

I am sure he still is locked up and WILL FACE THE MUSIC. As to him being done for more than one offence - he will be done for the more severe offence since he didn’t kill anybody. Thank god the german justice is not hunting witches like the English do so your man can look forward to a resonable fair trial. Until than he can use clean lavatories, can have a shower every day and will be fed with proper food and not rotten pies and soggy fish, chips and beans.

Don’t get me wrong, I have never seen such a place from the inside. The beep (BBC) and the rainbow press do their best to put the British Prison System into the best possible light. And Germany, well we are a free democratic nation who doesnt have to treat people like animals - even if they are British.

You seem to have a particular hatred of Britain and the British, Road Sailor.
What makes you such an expert on the prison system in either country if you have never been in one?
You make much of your understanding and fluency with our language, yet find it necessary to explain your reference to ‘the beep’. You wouldn’t have to if you had printed the correct nickname ‘The Beeb’. And who are ‘the rainbow press’? Maybe things have changed since I left those shores.
This one of course is the gem though:

And Germany, well we are a free democratic nation who doesnt have to treat people like animals - even if they are British.

Who do you think taught you to be a free and democratic nation? Certainly not the megalomaniacs who blighted the first half of the 20th century.

Like me, Brit Pete is a foreigner in the land of his choice and only seeks to keep us informed of life in that country. Don’t hi-jack his thread with your petty nationalism.

Like I am a foreigner in my country of choice my friend. I must have been a pretty tolerant person until your so-called “Jokes” had a pretty adverse effect on me. Well, and regarding the British prison System - am I missing something here and get the facts wrong? Is Britain not ‘THE’ country with the highest prison population in Europe? Is there not at least one article reported about the conditions of this country’s antiquated prison system? I think I don’t have to spend my time in one for to know what’s going on. But hey, it is of course okay that some British ■■■■■■■■■ had nothing else to do but to break into my property a staggering eight times, taking everything and leaving the rest virtually destroyed? It is also okay that your splendid Government has fleeced me for eighteen years but now turns around and tells me that I never existed in your country because these highly educated British minds have ‘LOST’ my national Insurance number? It is also okay for me to be told by a British Police Officer that I don’t have any rights in your country? Trust me but the word hatred is a plain understatement as far as I am concerned.

At least I can honestly say that I never ever in my eighteen years that I spent in ‘YOUR’ country did I either claim benefits or nicked somebody’s job. How could I possibly nick somebody’s job if that nutcase is actually in employment? Or are you people talking about those so-called disabled or incapacitated individuals whom I usually find working out in a Gym?

And finally, yes; I do have a great problem with a people that are so obsessed with something that has happened over sixty years ago. But answer me one question, please; what about those millions Indians that were slaughtered by you oh so innocent lot?

I have never been your enemy and I have nothing on my plate with your obsession about WW II. Yet, my hatred of Britain and its people is based on years of hatred I had to live and cope with in your country. But perhaps, this is also okay, isn’t it?

So no; I can see myself as a dead decent person and I was never in certain containers. I have never nicked anybody’s job and I have never stolen any of your money. And for a few minor writing mistakes, well, take my sincere apologies; I have forgotten how perfect you lot are. I am sincerely sorry for trying to be good at your language since I have forgotten that I am not supposed to have a brain.

Finally, with reference to my previous quote which was:
And Germany, well we are a free democratic nation who doesn’t have to treat people like animals - even if they are British.

Excuse me mister Great British inventor of democracy. Yes, I know perfectly well what country invented democracy. However, with my 50 Years of age I dare to insist that I was born in a free and democratic state. ‘I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR SILLY WAR’.

You people seem to have a real problem with this and you should have kept bombing Germany and its people until total extermination would have been achieved. At least that would have kept your sick minds at rest and Mr Doopy Brit-Pete wouldn’t be able to ‘Steal’ my job and my money in my country.

RoadSailor Maybe things have improved since you lost your Nat.Ins.No…
Try this…

hmrc.gov.uk/nic/ynino.htm

And chill out!! Its Christmas… :laughing:

what the zap has that got to do with a driver being held i to live in germany . you got me .
at times i get stick from the germans . but i just say . you bombed are chipy .
and we all end up drinking beer . thats life

boost ‘Hold orf.’ I can see where you’re coming from. :smiley:

i got this email the other day…

"hiya,iv found your email address on the truckdriver.uk website,i am very good friend ov this driver and his family and this article ov the web isnt correct yes he has been a stupid person regaurding the drink driving offence but with regaurds to the warrant the driver didnt no anything about the warrant been out,and also he does have a adr certificate and was quiliyfied to carry the goods.The driver is still held on remand and will be till possibly jan,i was shocked at some ov the responces on the site about this man and wonder if the people that has put there views on it have sat and wondered if the driver had a family bk in the uk.The driver does have a family and quite a young one too with tiny tots so it will be hard enough this christmas for them not having there daddy at home like i said This man is very silly and from wot iv herd he has learnt his lesson, hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts on this matter…a very good freind ov the driver…p.s i hope you dnt think im having a dig at you over this matter as i am not "

that explains things… well as much as we wil get at the moment.

well you see two sides of things . no one has said that what about his fam in the uk . just goes to show the germans only put in the paper what thay wont you to think . happy xmas to his fam . it is the time of good will .

I got the impression he was an ex-pat working in Europe. But what’s with the drink thing■■? Thats a big No-No in Germany. And if there was a warrant out for him he must have been to Germany before…so he must know this.

well he will not be driving here again . i think he was just driving here and works for a uk comp . D+D is a big no no here . i think when he goes to court he wont able to drive in the uk . as well not like it used to be. the days of computers. i just got my german license and thay do a check in the uk . if you have had a good night on the beer you should know that in the morning so you dont drive . just sleep it of .