Driver / Food shortage

Bin Man:

robroy:

Bin Man:

lancpudn:
So much for telling people not to panic buy! It has the exact opposite on some people. Just been out to ASDA to do some shopping & the clowns had blocked the roundabout off next to the local BP petrol station queuing for fuel & when I got to the ASDA the fuel queue there was halfway around the huge car park :open_mouth:

It’s the same here they are queuing down the road in some garages, there was no shortage but there now will be by the end of the weekend.

On the news this morning after they had reported the fuel problem, they ended with a caviat of…‘‘But no need to panic, the fuel stations that are running out are only in the dozens’’.
So out of the thousands of of stations up and down the country,.a couple of dozen are short.
So then the panic buying starts …surprise surprise.

The cynic in me tells me this was the plan all along, so some smart arse minister the likes of Grant Schnapps or whatever tf he’s called,.can save the day, ‘‘rescue the country’’. and give out temp visas to foreign drivers,.with public backing (because they can use their cars again) , where as if nothing had been said,.it would just have carried on with only a tiny bit of hassle.
Ie…magnify the situation to gain support for an unpopular policy.

Bunch of scheming [zb] wonkers. :imp:

It wouldn’t surprise me.

I went past two service stations 15 minutes ago one only has super unleaded the other has a queue a mile long so it’ll not have any by the time rush hour is over tonight.

Just heard from my mate in Dorset & he said there is only one petrol station open within a 10 mile radius of him & that’s got an enormous queue for fuel, He said he gave up & went back home. :open_mouth:

Edit: It’s nationwide now looking at the pics on facebook. :open_mouth:

Just heard from my mate in Dorset & he said there is only one petrol station open within a 10 mile radius of him & that’s got an enormous queue for fuel, He said he gave up & went back home. :open_mouth:

I am lucky i have half a tank in the car and i only drive 10 minutes to work i feel sorry for those leaving work tonight who usually fill up on a Friday and who are blissfully unaware this is happening.

robroy:
Bunch of scheming [zb] wonkers. :imp:

Look on the bright side they’ll have spent so much on filling their tanks they won’t have enough cash left to panic buy all the steak and chips and beer.
And diesels going nowhere filled with the wrong fuel.

Bin Man:
Someone from the government (it may have been Grant Schnapps) said its time to bring the foreign drivers back as it was them leaving that has made this much worse.

There was no rule which made them supposedly ‘leave’.
The whole thing has been planned.
Like the government stating that it intends to increase gas prices v electric to disincentivise use of gas and then suddenly gas prices increase blamed on ‘wholesale price increases’.
To this ploy which is obviously all about destabilising road fuel supplies to disincentivise use of diesel and petrol fuelled cars in favour of EV’s.
Imposing brutal unviable shift patterns on tanker drivers making them flee the job is obviously part of that plan.
In addition to Boris’ banana republic type road traffic rules regime.

The A57 at worksop is gridlocked as people queue up to get in the Sainsbury’s and asda garages to fuel up and traffic is backing up along the A57.

One of Froggetts (of Chesterfield) drivers has jacked in and crossed over to the agency after the boss of Froggetts gave them a pay rise taking them to £11/hr, albeit the new rate is now flat rate and the overtime rate has been removed. The driver is relishing the idea of >£20/hr agy rates

Bin Man:

I am lucky i have half a tank in the car and i only drive 10 minutes to work i feel sorry for those leaving work tonight who usually fill up on a Friday and who are blissfully unaware this is happening.

I needed fuel after work today as I was down to quarter of a tank (I don’t normally let it go even that low) and I drove straight onto the pump at the Esso in Rugby. There were a dozen or so cars queueing at Tesco where the fuel is a bit cheaper but the £2 or so I’d have saved wasn’t worth my time waiting.

knee jerking sheep the bloody lot of them, for god’s sake there is no shortage of fuel give it two weeks and it will be back to normal as in garages stocked up because all these sheep are full up and not buying fuel… :unamused: :smiling_imp:

m.a.n rules:
knee jerking sheep the bloody lot of them, for god’s sake there is no shortage of fuel give it two weeks and it will be back to normal as in garages stocked up because all these sheep are full up and not buying fuel… :unamused: :smiling_imp:

I hope all the ones who have put the more expensive diesel in their cars for the first time because the normal stuff had run out realise how stupid they have been in a weeks time when there is no shortage.

Bin Man:

m.a.n rules:

I hope all the ones who have put the more expensive diesel in their cars for the first time because the normal stuff had run out realise how stupid they have been in a weeks time when there is no shortage.

In fairness it doesn’t hurt to run a tank of premium diesel through the system once in a while. I always ran my Rover 75 on Morrisons fuel and it developed a very noticeable flat spot around 1,500 rpm which was cured instantly by filling up with Premium.

Harry Monk:

Bin Man:

m.a.n rules:

In fairness it doesn’t hurt to run a tank of premium diesel through the system once in a while. I always ran my Rover 75 on Morrisons fuel and it developed a very noticeable flat spot around 1,500 rpm which was cured instantly by filling up with Premium.

When they brought out E10 unleaded fuel a few weeks ago i switched to Shell V-power E5 as my car is pre 2011, they said on the car check page it will run fine on it but they also said they will not guarantee it, i do not trust them i would rather pay a bit extra for the premium fuel as it also has additives which clean the fuel system and engine.

i agree H, i always alternate a full tank of normal then bp ultimate always use the same garage no issues…

m.a.n rules:

:smiley:

The post on Facebook has no reached over 115,000 shares, and will have been seen by many thousands of others. The main take away I got from comments and messages, was that the general public never gave a thought about how we live in the trucks either just daily, or all week, many support the idea of there being better facilities for trucks and their drivers, most never realised how limited facilities are.
Since making the post, I have been inundated by local papers from across the UK asking to be able to use my post, I have had one reporter on a national paper contact me, and also Sky news asked for an interview. So the message is getting out there.
I no longer drive a truck, so have pointed Sky news in the direction of someone who I know shares my opinions about councils and their drive to keep us out of their towns and cities, and is still on the roads today.
I have also written to both my MP and Grant Shapps, so just waiting for some feedback from them.

The one dissenting voice I have heard through the whole of this was “DCPCFML” who seems to be too full of his own self importance to see the bigger picture.

For any of you who want to find the post on Facebook, it is Jim Titheridge

jimti:
The post on Facebook has no reached over 115,000 shares, and will have been seen by many thousands of others. The main take away I got from comments and messages, was that the general public never gave a thought about how we live in the trucks either just daily, or all week, many support the idea of there being better facilities for trucks and their drivers, most never realised how limited facilities are.
Since making the post, I have been inundated by local papers from across the UK asking to be able to use my post, I have had one reporter on a national paper contact me, and also Sky news asked for an interview. So the message is getting out there.
I no longer drive a truck, so have pointed Sky news in the direction of someone who I know shares my opinions about councils and their drive to keep us out of their towns and cities, and is still on the roads today.
I have also written to both my MP and Grant Shapps, so just waiting for some feedback from them.

The one dissenting voice I have heard through the whole of this was “DCPCFML” who seems to be too full of his own self importance to see the bigger picture.

Nice one mate for publicising all this stuff. :sunglasses:
Take no notice of …what ever he’s calling him self this time…like I said nobody else does.

jimti:

I hope you did not mind me copying and pasting your Facebook post Jimti to start this thread off, I concur with everything you said in that post, myself being a retired hgv1 driver.
well said and well done.

malmaz:

jimti:

I hope you did not mind me copying and pasting your Facebook post Jimti to start this thread off, I concur with everything you said in that post, myself being a retired hgv1 driver.
well said and well done.

No problems at all. I wrote it so people outside the industry could see how bad it really is. As for the one dissenting voice, who thinks that working for supermarkets is the answer, this guy pretty much sums them up as well

Bin Man:

m.a.n rules:

Still no fuel here in East Kent most days. I work for a cab company now, and we have to take cars off the road because we can’t fill them thanks to all the panic buying, we can’t accept long distance work either, in case we are unable to provide a car with the range to do the job. I firmly believe this is a media driven problem, but it is a problem that is persisting, we are now filling our cars with premium if we can even find that. I would say that it has cost our company in the tens of thousands of pounds so far, we are only a family firm, still struggling from the Covid mess that saw an 80% drop in trade.

Good to see supermarkets .
Have got there priorities right.
As my local Tesco has an isle full of Halloween tat.
The truck space used to deliver it all would been better used to deliver of couple.pallets of food .
As shelves weren’t empty but went excatly fully stocked either

edd1974:
The truck space used to deliver it all would been better used to deliver of couple.pallets of food .

Probably stuff on the back of my trailer, currently running around ten hours late :laughing:

N.B its not, because mine is frozen stuff, but it’s not inconceivable for similar to happen to ambient, grocery grocery etc.

edd1974:

Most people are ■■■■■■ off with the state of this country , so I can’t see why stocking the shelf’s with Halloween stuff to give the kids a bit of joy is such a bad thing , bet your a real bundle of laughs at Xmas