Driver / Food shortage

DCPCFML:

Wiretwister:
Did you miss the bit-

No, and it’s irrelevant. The point still stands. Drivers get exactly what they deserve because they’re all too bone idle to do what’s required to force the changes they endlessly whine about.

Very relevant jimit voted with his feet as you advocated.

DCPCFML:

jimti:

DCPCFML:
Or the whingers could put their energy into DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT rather than shouting into the void making 10 new threads a day repeating the same thing, hoping for a different response.

Making that post has done something, it has so far had 53,000 shares, averaging 150 per hour, I have been approached by both local and national papers, and have also been invited to speak to my local council leader about what they can do to improve thins locally.
What exactly do you suggest people do, rather than make their feelings known? Please offer some ideas that you think will make any impact

They won’t do [zb] all. “Sharing” this guff is all people are prepared to do. If it involves doing anything that can’t be done from their comfort of their armchair and keyboard, such as clicking thumbs-up buttons with their mouse, forget it. Plus, you’re saying all this like it’s some new thing. There have been hundreds and hundreds of threads, posts, petitions and god knows what else over the years. All of them have amounted to nothing. Being approached by local and national papers means nothing except they want to sensationalise whatever guff you give them to make the problem sound 1000x worse than it actually is in order to keep the general populace in a heightened state of fear which in turn gives them tens of thousands of clicks and ad revenue. If you think they actually care about “improving conditions” (whatever the [zb] that means) then you sir are extremely deluded.

What will make an impact is voting with your feet and leaving all the companies that pay [zb] money. Let me them eat cake. Go do Sainsburys store deliveries for £27 an hour on agency and stick a firm middle finger up to all the bottom-feeders paying £10,11,12/hr who refuse to put the money up and hope that dangling some £500 bonus carrot on a stick that may or may not be payable at some point in the distant future, so long as you behave yourself, is the way to retain their drivers. You are your own worst enemy. You’ve got the chance of a lifetime to FORCE a big change in the pay, but instead you sit on your fat arses saying “meh, it won’t last, there’s no point, whine whine whine, they’re the best of a bad bunch, what can you do? just got to put up with it” and then wonder why nothing changes. Thick as [zb], the lot of you. :unamused:

pointless everyone working for Sainsburys, someone has to supply them as well, I guess you think that they go all over getting their own stuff as well?

jimti:
pointless everyone working for Sainsburys, someone has to supply them as well, I guess you think that they go all over getting their own stuff as well?

Did I say everyone? No. :unamused:

If anyone is driving for less than £18/hr right now they are complete mugs and have no place to be complaining about pay and conditions. Whining about your mortgage when you can earn in 1 week what it will take you 3 weeks and more hours to earn at your current place simply doesn’t cut it. It’s a lame-■■■ excuse that translates as “I can’t be arsed”. The money and work is out there so either go get it [collectively] or STFU whining. :bulb:

All. or the vast majority of stuff the o/p lists is on the tramping side of the job and makes a comparison of how better on the whole that we are looked upon,.catered for and treated over the water, and I agree with him.
All that he lists is the real reason for driver shortages.

Day drivers and night drivers can not understand why anybody would ever want to become a tramper, where as most trampers can not understand why anybody would want to do the same mundane boring ■■■■ run every day/night of their lives, it would bore the arse right off me after about a week…but everybody is different.
I personally would not give a ■■■■ how good the rate is, it would HAVE to be good for the effect it would have on mental health,.a bit like mass production work at a factory.

I started tramping when it was a lot different to now, as you (jimti) did,.where you could park anywhere and get a bloody good social life out of it. :smiley:
I still enjoy the work I do now, but perhaps not as much,.and certainly a lot less keener. :smiley:

O/'p and the author of the article, …Take no notice of the forum gob ■■■■■ (nobody else takes him serious on here) if you don’t hold the same views or opinions. he has an array of names saved up. usually starting with the same adjective (thick) , followed by a percentage estimate between 90 and 99% , to ''All,…not hat he is prone to generalizing, :smiley: …then if you’tre really lucky he goes on to put you on to his…wait for it.

His ‘‘Foe list’’ :unamused: …I kid you not. :laughing:
As far as I know (or care) all he’s ever done is set radius trunks, so all or most of the stuff you list is foreign to him anyhow,… but he likes to have his say… :neutral_face:

As much as it pains me to agree with him on one point, drivers have always complained, nothing gets done as nobody has the balls nor backbone to stick together,.so you have to sort stuff out that you want for yourself,.and try and get what YOU think is a decent number and a decent rate of pay,.and it does not matter a ■■■■ whatever anybody else thinks about it as long as the job suits YOU. :bulb:

I ain’t on Facebook, but if it was shared all over it may make people aware of the REAL reason for the shortage…general.t.s and c.s

jimti:

DCPCFML:

jimti:

DCPCFML:
Or the whingers could put their energy into DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT rather than shouting into the void making 10 new threads a day repeating the same thing, hoping for a different response.

Making that post has done something, it has so far had 53,000 shares, averaging 150 per hour, I have been approached by both local and national papers, and have also been invited to speak to my local council leader about what they can do to improve thins locally.
What exactly do you suggest people do, rather than make their feelings known? Please offer some ideas that you think will make any impact

They won’t do [zb] all. “Sharing” this guff is all people are prepared to do. If it involves doing anything that can’t be done from their comfort of their armchair and keyboard, such as clicking thumbs-up buttons with their mouse, forget it. Plus, you’re saying all this like it’s some new thing. There have been hundreds and hundreds of threads, posts, petitions and god knows what else over the years. All of them have amounted to nothing. Being approached by local and national papers means nothing except they want to sensationalise whatever guff you give them to make the problem sound 1000x worse than it actually is in order to keep the general populace in a heightened state of fear which in turn gives them tens of thousands of clicks and ad revenue. If you think they actually care about “improving conditions” (whatever the [zb] that means) then you sir are extremely deluded.

What will make an impact is voting with your feet and leaving all the companies that pay [zb] money. Let me them eat cake. Go do Sainsburys store deliveries for £27 an hour on agency and stick a firm middle finger up to all the bottom-feeders paying £10,11,12/hr who refuse to put the money up and hope that dangling some £500 bonus carrot on a stick that may or may not be payable at some point in the distant future, so long as you behave yourself, is the way to retain their drivers. You are your own worst enemy. You’ve got the chance of a lifetime to FORCE a big change in the pay, but instead you sit on your fat arses saying “meh, it won’t last, there’s no point, whine whine whine, they’re the best of a bad bunch, what can you do? just got to put up with it” and then wonder why nothing changes. Thick as [zb], the lot of you. :unamused:

Sainsburys were only offering 02:30 and 14:30 starts… You get the big bucks for 18:00 starts, so with no such work actually available - I politely declined the abundant £15ph work which doesn’t appear on the ad alongside the £19ph+ being touted there.

I’d say that “being able to pick and choose your shifts” - now outweights the need for chasing top dollar, as “top dollar” is now the new going rate. :grimacing:

…Take no notice of the forum gob [zb] (nobody else takes him serious on here) if you don’t hold the same views or opinions. he has an array of names saved up. usually starting with the same adjective (thick) , followed by a percentage estimate between 90 and 99% , to ''All,…not hat he is prone to generalizing, :smiley: …then if you’tre really lucky he goes on to put you on to his…wait for it.

As far as I know (or care) all he’s ever done is set radius trunks, so all or most of the stuff you list is foreign to him anyhow,… but he likes to have his say… :neutral_face:

It didn’t take me long to suss that out, if the mods deleted every post he makes that breaks the “Attack the post but not the poster” rule there would be little left to read from him.

DCPCFML:
If anyone is driving for less than £18/hr right now they are complete mugs and have no place to be complaining about pay and conditions. Whining about your mortgage when you can earn in 1 week what it will take you 3 weeks and more hours to earn at your current place simply doesn’t cut it. It’s a lame-■■■ excuse that translates as “I can’t be arsed”. The money and work is out there so either go get it [collectively] or STFU whining. :bulb:

3 to 1 would mean £6 per hour.
Then as you said yourself lots of jobs want to fill two job roles of warehouse and driving for one wage.
Better to earn £12 per hour for a proper trailer swaps only trunking job.

Bin Man:

…Take no notice of the forum gob [zb] (nobody else takes him serious on here) if you don’t hold the same views or opinions. he has an array of names saved up. usually starting with the same adjective (thick) , followed by a percentage estimate between 90 and 99% , to ''All,…not hat he is prone to generalizing, :smiley: …then if you’tre really lucky he goes on to put you on to his…wait for it.

It didn’t take me long to suss that out

No skin off my nose fella. If you want to listen the guff that comes out of the mouth of the most apathetic “driver” on this forum, then go ahead. I can guarantee you that you’ll still be working for the national minimum wage in 10, 20, 30 years time whilst shouting into the void about poor pay, hours and conditions and how “we should all stick together”. You get exactly what you deserve because you’d rather spend your energy picking apart other people’s posts than getting up off your arse and bettering yourself.

I feel sorry for newbie drivers coming to this site looking for advice on the job. It’s an absolute cesspool of knuckle-dragging apathetic and negative drivers who do nothing more than moan, whinge and complain about everything.

Aye, that’s about it.
You’ve got a choice who to listen to.
The Apathetic v The Downright pathetic…(with his ‘foe list’ :laughing: )

Love the subtle insult, putting the word driver in inverted commas btw :smiley:

At least he’s gave me ANOTHER quote for my signature. :laughing:

I can guarantee you that you’ll still be working for the national minimum wage in 10, 20, 30 years time whilst shouting into the void about poor pay, hours and conditions and how “we should all stick together”. You get exactly what you deserve because you’d rather spend your energy picking apart other people’s posts than getting up off your arse and bettering yourself.

You really the biggest f**kwit on this forum, i have posted many times i earn a decent wage, have a great pension, work 7.5 hours maximum a day Monday - Friday and its job and finish and i get 27 days holiday plus bank holidays i have no reason to shout anything into the void and have no need to get off my arse to better muself but thanks for the advice. :unamused:

I feel sorry for newbie drivers coming to this site looking for advice on the job. It’s an absolute cesspool of knuckle-dragging apathetic and negative drivers who do nothing more than moan, whinge and complain about everything.

I don’t they will have their eyes opened, you seem to always talk about money but most of the moaning i have read is about conditions and hours changing hours might be doable can you explain how to change conditions? and If its that bad here why do you spend so much time here posting?

Bin Man:

I can guarantee you that you’ll still be working for the national minimum wage in 10, 20, 30 years time whilst shouting into the void about poor pay, hours and conditions and how “we should all stick together”. You get exactly what you deserve because you’d rather spend your energy picking apart other people’s posts than getting up off your arse and bettering yourself.

You really the biggest f**kwit on this forum, i have posted many times i earn a decent wage, have a great pension, work 7.5 hours maximum a day Monday - Friday and its job and finish and i get 27 days holiday plus bank holidays i have no reason to shout anything into the void and have no need to get off my arse to better muself but thanks for the advice. :unamused:

If its that bad why do you spend so much time posting on it sad lad?

I think he was referring to me tbh mate, (being that he is my No 1 Fanboy. :laughing: )

I think he was referring to me tbh mate, (being that he is my No 1 Fanboy. :laughing: )

The last line in his quote was - “It didn’t take me long to suss that out” so i assumed it was me.

hhhhhhhh.jpg

robroy:
All. or the vast majority of stuff the o/p lists is on the tramping side of the job and makes a comparison of how better on the whole that we are looked upon,.catered for and treated over the water, and I agree with him.

Day drivers and night drivers can not understand why anybody would ever want to become a tramper, where as most trampers can not understand why anybody would want to do the same mundane boring [zb] run every day/night of their lives, it would bore the arse right off me after about a week…but everybody is different.
I personally would not give a [zb] how good the rate is, it would HAVE to be good for the effect it would have on mental health,.a bit like mass production work at a factory.

I started tramping when it was a lot different to now, as you (jimti) did,.where you could park anywhere and get a bloody good social life out of it. :smiley:
I still enjoy the work I do now, but perhaps not as much,.and certainly a lot less keener. :smiley:

O/'p and the author of the article, …Take no notice of the forum gob [zb] (nobody else takes him serious on here) if you don’t hold the same views or opinions. he has an array of names saved up. usually starting with the same adjective (thick) , followed by a percentage estimate between 90 and 99% , to ''All,…not hat he is prone to generalizing, :smiley: …then if you’tre really lucky he goes on to put you on to his…wait for it.

As much as it pains me to agree with him on one point, drivers have always complained, nothing gets done as nobody has the balls nor backbone to stick together,.so you have to sort stuff out that you want for yourself,.and try and get what YOU think is a decent number and a decent rate of pay,.and it does not matter a [zb] whatever anybody else thinks about it as long as the job suits YOU. :bulb:

I ain’t on Facebook, but if it was shared all over it may make people aware of the REAL reason for the shortage…general.t.s and c.s

I take no notice of him, met plenty like him that are full of self importance and Bull !!!. if he don’t like threads like this then JOG ON and don’t read them.
I will not lose any sleep over him putting me on his Foe list either.

So much for telling people not to panic buy! It has the exact opposite on some people. Just been out to ASDA to do some shopping & the clowns had blocked the roundabout off next to the local BP petrol station queuing for fuel & when I got to the ASDA the fuel queue there was halfway around the huge car park :open_mouth:

malmaz:

robroy:

Day drivers and night drivers can not understand why anybody would ever want to become a tramper, where as most trampers can not understand why anybody would want to do the same mundane boring [zb] run every day/night of their lives, it would bore the arse right off me after about a week…but everybody is different.
I personally would not give a [zb] how good the rate is, it would HAVE to be good for the effect it would have on mental health,.a bit like mass production work at a factory.

O/'p and the author of the article, …Take no notice of the forum gob [zb] (nobody else takes him serious on here) if you don’t hold the same views or opinions. he has an array of names saved up. usually starting with the same adjective (thick) , followed by a percentage estimate between 90 and 99% , to ''All,…not hat he is prone to generalizing, :smiley: …then if you’tre really lucky he goes on to put you on to his…wait for it.

As much as it pains me to agree with him on one point, drivers have always complained, nothing gets done as nobody has the balls nor backbone to stick together,.so you have to sort stuff out that you want for yourself,.and try and get what YOU think is a decent number and a decent rate of pay,.and it does not matter a [zb] whatever anybody else thinks about it as long as the job suits YOU. :bulb:

I take no notice of him, met plenty like him that are full of self importance and Bull !!!. if he don’t like threads like this then JOG ON and don’t read them.
I will not lose any sleep over him putting me on his Foe list either.

Yeh certainly me either, but let’s not turn the thread all about that ■■■■ clown. :unamused:
I listened to 5 Live this morning and it was full of it, lately it’s the first time I ve heard the daily problems we face as trampers, parking and the like, and ridiculous hours balanced with hone life, minimal rest periods etc being discussed on mainstream media, which can only be a good thing whatever it may or may not achieve.
As long as the points make their way to the top , and the message is received that the job is no longer attractive, hence the shortage, something may give.

lancpudn:
So much for telling people not to panic buy! It has the exact opposite on some people. Just been out to ASDA to do some shopping & the clowns had blocked the roundabout off next to the local BP petrol station queuing for fuel & when I got to the ASDA the fuel queue there was halfway around the huge car park :open_mouth:

It’s the same here they are queuing down the road in some garages, there was no shortage but there now will be by the end of the weekend.

As a previous HGV driver who “voted with his feet” and left the industry to seek fame and fortune elsewhere instead of just moaning about it and is now starting to return on an “as and when it suits me for the right money” basis, can I just say that I find these threads on the “driver shortage” etc. extremely entertaining and jolly good fun to read, to the extent that I feel the need to occasionally comment.

So keep em coming lads and ignore that DCPCFPMSL or whatever.

Bin Man:

lancpudn:

It’s the same here they are queuing down the road in some garages, there was no shortage but there now will be by the end of the weekend.

On the news this morning after they had reported the fuel problem, they ended with a caviat of…‘‘But no need to panic, the fuel stations that are running out are only in the dozens’’.
So out of the thousands of of stations up and down the country,.a couple of dozen are short.
So then the panic buying starts …surprise surprise.

The cynic in me tells me this was the plan all along, so some smart arse minister the likes of Grant Schnapps or whatever tf he’s called,.can save the day, ‘‘rescue the country’’. and give out temp visas to foreign drivers,.with public backing (because they can use their cars again) , where as if nothing had been said,.it would just have carried on with only a tiny bit of hassle.
Ie…magnify the situation to gain support for an unpopular policy.

Bunch of scheming ■■■■ wonkers. :imp:

robroy:

Bin Man:

lancpudn:

On the news this morning after they had reported the fuel problem, they ended with a caviat of…‘‘But no need to panic, the fuel stations that are running out are only in the dozens’’.
So out of the thousands of of stations up and down the country,.a couple of dozen are short.
So then the panic buying starts …surprise surprise.

The cynic in me tells me this was the plan all along, so some smart arse minister the likes of Grant Schnapps or whatever tf he’s called,.can save the day, ‘‘rescue the country’’. and give out temp visas to foreign drivers,.with public backing (because they can use their cars again) , where as if nothing had been said,.it would just have carried on with only a tiny bit of hassle.

Bunch of scheming [zb] wonkers. :imp:

It wouldn’t surprise me.

I went past two service stations 15 minutes ago one only has super unleaded the other has a queue a mile long so it’ll not have any by the time rush hour is over tonight.

I have had 5 live on all day and its been quite interesting to hear all the different views on the subject, at one point the had 5 on the phones and they asked all 5 if they thought giving foreign drivers a temporary visa (or something like that) would help and they all said no, they also said giving existing drivers extra hours is dangerous.

One suggested a DCPC break to get the tens of thousands who hold a licence but don’t have DCPC back quicker.

One driver explained what Tramping is all about and that his wagon is on the road 24/7 and is shared between 3 drivers one on days one on night and the other covers holidays and the only day it doesn’t run is Christmas day.

One said they should need to reduce the hours not extend them.

There was plenty of discussion about when getting to a destination they will not unload you if you have missed your slot one driver said he turned up late missed his slot and even though some bays were free they wouldn’t unload him and he could not stay on site so had to use a layby, he had one pot noodle and it had to last him until the next day, he also said he had to pee in the layby as there was no toilet and he was lucky (as he put it) he didn’t need a number 2.

Someone from the government (it may have been Grant Schnapps) said its time to bring the foreign drivers back as it was them leaving that has made this much worse.

On the whole it has done drivers a favour the public now know what the job is like from the drivers perspective and that is not sitting in your cab for 8 hours eating Yorkie bars as i assume a lot do.