Driver CPC

So here goes then, I’m back :smiley: I handled the criticism last time badly and didn’t really cover myself in glory :smiley: Anyhow, I’m approved now and have set up shop in conjunction with Avon Commercial Training in Bristol. I held my first class on Saturday and it went ok, 17 drivers all from same company was a bit of a baptism of fire as DieselDave put it. It’s great to be back in the industry and even more great to have a future that is exciting. It’s been a long time since that’s been the case, probably going on a decade. For now I only hold Driver CPC classes but plan is to branch out into lots of different areas. My first online class for myself (as opposed to Saturday where I was working for someone else) is 11/02/23 at 8am.

Anyway started a notebook to record all the things people are wrong about from genuine mistakes to those comical ‘laws’, such as can’t have break in drivers seat, for my new series of Transport Training Shorts. First concerned ‘freely dispose of your time. TikTok - Make Your Day

And next class is 11th of February online.

Have a great day all.

Trying to add some humour to them

Good news [emoji847]

Fair play to you, I hope that it’s a roaring success, but even if it isn’t you’ve had the cojones to chase your dream. Good luck.

switchlogic:
Anyway started a notebook to record all the things people are wrong [zb] but Siri for those comical ‘laws’, such as can’t have break in drivers seat

I don’t do Tiktok so don’t know what you’ve said, but while that one isn’t any kind of law, it is sound advice for when you’re north of the Scottish border where zero tolerance rules. And if you’re recording all the false beliefs drivers have - you’re going to need a bigger note book :laughing:

Fair play…

To you Switchy. It’s good to see you’re on a roll and have some direction back in your life.

I will be enrolling for a full 35 hours worth of your courses. If they’re as dull and dreary as any of your posts are, I look forward to almost an entire week of peaceful sleep.

It’s a shame that you won’t be doing any more on the road videos. I’ll miss you roasting an entire ox in a Scania 500 and getting angry whilst delivering Amazon tat around Wales.

Yes best of luck to you Luke. You never stop trying where most would have given up with all the problems you have have,

Simon

Could be on to a winner with catering for nights , earlies, …Good Luck, sure a few on here will be booking.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

Fair play to you, most wouldn’t have the balls to do what you’re doing after going through what you have. Best of luck

rearaxle:
Could be on to a winner with catering for nights , earlies, …Good Luck, sure a few on here will be booking.

^^^^ I thought this.

Not working for a blue chip logistics provider anymore, I have to do three modules of the CPC course on my own again and apart from the money, what really got my goat, was losing a whole day off. I like the idea of starting early, or late, and have a useful part of my day left.

I think I may get my remaing modules in early…

There is no indication of the start times on the early and late/overnight courses. I would like to know them, before I would book…

Nice one Luke for having the nous to get off your arse and sort something out for yourself,… thus putting 2 fingers up to the DVLA for ■■■■ ing you about for this long. :sunglasses:

Good luck with it all as I said to you last time…and especially good luck (as you’ll need it :smiley: ) with making the DCPC ‘‘popular’’ with those who see themselves ‘forced’ to do it to stay in the industry, and who can see it for what it really is. :smiley: .
I am obviously not a fan of it. :smiley:

I’m sure you will make a good go and success of it mate, irrespective of my last (dampener :blush: :laughing: ) paragraph.

Thank you everyone for kind comments.

the nodding donkey:

rearaxle:

^^^^ I thought this.

Not working for a blue chip logistics provider anymore, I have to do three modules of the CPC course on my own again and apart from the money, what really got my goat, was losing a whole day off. I like the idea of starting early, or late, and have a useful part of my day left.

Yes on the courses I’ve been on the biggest moan is starting at 9am and losing and entire rest day in a classroom, esp when early starts are the norm for us, I want people to be able to start at 5/6am & be done by midday/early afternoon & have most of rest of day to be with families etc. I see doing nights as probably catering more to companies who employ Night drivers, so it doesn’t drag people out of their sleep routine. Day or night makes no odds to me either way, it’s people on the course I’m going to try and cater to. I’ve not seen anyone doing this though Surely some must be.

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

rearaxle:

^^^^ I thought this.

Yes on the courses I’ve been on the biggest moan is starting at 9am and losing and entire rest day in a classroom, esp when early starts are the norm for us, I want people to be able to start at 5/6am & be done by midday/early afternoon & have most of rest of day to be with families etc. I see doing nights as probably catering more to companies who employ Night drivers, so it doesn’t drag people out of their sleep routine. Day or night makes no odds to me either way, it’s people on the course I’m going to try and cater to. I’ve not seen anyone doing this though Surely some must be.

Yes, when I worked for Lloyd Fraser (milk collections on nights), we were scheduled on a working night to take the company van from Devizes to Rugby, for our CPC training.

Zac_A:

switchlogic:
Anyway started a notebook to record all the things people are wrong [zb] but Siri for those comical ‘laws’, such as can’t have break in drivers seat

I don’t do Tiktok so don’t know what you’ve said, but while that one isn’t any kind of law, it is sound advice for when you’re north of the Scottish border where zero tolerance rules. And if you’re recording all the false beliefs drivers have - you’re going to need a bigger note book :laughing:

The Scottish enforce made up laws? :smiley: Are you sure you’re not confusing them with Italy.

the nodding donkey:
There is no indication of the start times on the early and late/overnight courses. I would like to know them, before I would book…

You will when I have fixed dates for them

switchlogic:
[. I’ve not seen anyone doing this though Surely some must be.

No idea what this lot are like, but just to show it exists. atlaslgvtraining.co.uk/?gcl … aoQAvD_BwE

Zac_A:

switchlogic:

Wtf you on about? Scotland doesn’t have its own tacho laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOG47:

Zac_A:

switchlogic:

Wtf you on about? Scotland doesn’t have its own tacho laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not , I struggled with the different speed limits