Driver Bitchiness

Hi guys,

Just a quick one. Is it common practice for drivers within a company to ■■■■■ about a new driver for two months, even when they have not even talked to them or have anything to do with them? And in such circumstances, not offer advice if they think that the new driver is doing something wrong or missing something?

Blade39x:
Hi guys,

Just a quick one. Is it common practice for drivers within a company to ■■■■■ about a new driver for two months, even when they have not even talked to them or have anything to do with them? And in such circumstances, not offer advice if they think that the new driver is doing something wrong or missing something?

No he must just be a ■■■■■■■■ who just don’t like New drivers maybe he’s scared you might take his job or your better than him :laughing: just ignore the ■■■■

I’m going to try and organise a sit down with the boss, and ask him for some performance feedback for my first two months. If he tells me there’s not a lot wrong (I’m only new, so there’s bound to be something), then I will know that it’s just this guy trying to stir [zb]. Only time will tell though.

Hi blade. Im davy. Sounds like good idea to sit down with your boss and ask how your getting on. Irish lorries is right. That ■■■ of a driver must be jealous of you. I cant stand people like that!! Making fun of others. That ■■■ was once in your shoes himself. Im complete opp. I always trying help people. And always try talk to them if there feeling out of place. My nature be like that. Ignore that ■■■. Think of this way if you wernt doing good job say boss would of got shot of you by now :smiley:

Blade39x:
Hi guys,

It goes on in every haulage company; either just ignore it and grow a thick skin or… wind them up :laughing: . You should hear the abuse that me and a bunch of other s/e drivers get at the place we do the bulk of our work. Not a day goes by without one of the full-timers going storming in the office to “report” one of us for something that they don’t like. It’s comedy gold as we make up all sorts of stories ourselves about what we’ve “heard” from other people :laughing: :laughing: and then casually drop them into conversation when all the gossip-mongers are about. You can guarantee within 2 hours that the rest of the company’s workforce will know all about it as they’ve all got each other on speed dial. It’s better than Corrie. :laughing: :laughing:

So yeah, drivers ■■■■■■■■ about other drivers than they don’t even know - yep, nothing unusual here! :laughing: Just keep your head down, do your job well without hitting anything or upsetting the customers and ignore the rest of it. :smiley:

I wouldn’t even ask your boss how he thinks you’re doing. If he has a problem he will tell you. Until then keep doing what you’re doing and ignore the others that are obviously threatened by your presence.

Thanks for all the positive replies guys :slight_smile: Makes me feel a little less paranoid about it all now.

Blade39x:
Thanks for all the positive replies guys :slight_smile: Makes me feel a little less paranoid about it all now.

jut don’t ignore the plank, always be polite and say morning afternoon etc that way if anyone’s gonna feel awkward it’ll be him then.

Give it a few months then drop the ■■ I must have done something good I got a bit extra :wink: ■■ will the fur fly for a bit and someone will be sure to be shown what a ■■■■ he’s been :grimacing:

while he is making a noise about you people aren’t noticing what he is doing/not doing ,don’t worry about it he will eventually be sussed for the clown he is :smiley:

I’ve had it at every place I’ve worked at, they’re very suspicious at first, especially if they don’t know you. It usually settles down after a few months, but there is always some ‘GOB’ with too much to say. I just ignore them for the Children that they are & wind them up even more.
You grow a thick skin when you’ve been in this game a while.
One or 2 at our place still make Snidy comments about me taking ‘too much time’ strapping 90% of my loads (when they don’t strap 5% of theirs) & they hate the fact that I’ve got a newer wagon than them & I’m always washing it (even on a Saturday morning, in my own time occasionally) I hate driving a Pigsty, where as some of the Gobby ones drive around for weeks on end with Graffiti written all over their Filthy Cabs.
If it persists, it’s a form of Bullying & your employee has a legal duty to deal with it, either that or offer the Knob outside for a ‘Chat’ !

Amen to these replys

Try agency , get it everyjob , just ignore and after few shifts usually everyone is cool.

Face him head on, ask what his problem is infront of his mates he’s slagging you off too!! when his arse drops out and replys with dont know what your talking about… you win my friend :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t get involved mate. If you show your bothered he has material to work with. Your new and need to keep your nose clean. If it kicked off and he’s experienced then there will only be one winner.

Its common mate. Just a sign their not ‘‘getting any’’ at home. :blush:

Blade39x:
Hi guys,

Don’t worry every large company has one, either an office witch or a yard / driver ■■■■■. Keep your nose clean and whatch what your saying as these folk like to give it the big-un but will squeal to the boss at the first opportunity.

Its a shame when we all share a common bond but thats life, I usually have their card marked early but often old hands will feel threatened by a new cab happy young buck… Let your quality of work do the talking and take no notice. Also be careful if these buggers try and slow you down and don’t always trust what they say.

Give it a few years and they will have another new recruit to have a pop at and you will see them for the twunts they are.

The more clever folks out there will tell you its them deflecting their poor self worth / image and compensating for low self esteem etc.

But thats not me so just find out where they live (it may come in useful).

In the meantime keep her lit and take no notice…

Blade39x:
Hi guys,

Try being a newbie on multi-drop as a relief driver!
Do the regulars want to tell you their short cuts and little tricks to make your run easier? Do they balls - they’re scared of the possibility of losing the cushy numbers they’ve had for years to someone else - oh how they laugh at you being the last one back ( they laugh the next morning of course because they’ve sodded off home hours before you get back)

I doff my cap to anyone who does 25+ drops a day.
I’d rather be a lollipop man on the M1 than do that.

Blade39x:
Hi guys,

So, how’s it going. Have you confronted it, kept your head down, blended in or is it still ongoing?

don’t let them get you down my first week in current job my trainer told my employer I was slow holding him back he wasn’t getting enough hours and it was my fault we made a wrong del in first month was told by the no1 driver I was a outsider and not welcome there 15 yrs later am still there so ballocks to the lot o them mate if your employer has a problem with you they will let you know and rember your are only as good as your next shift

It seems to have calmed down for now. Had a word with one of the guys in the office and guess what, they don’t seem to have any knowledge of any issues they have with me, and the person in question seems to have all of a sudden become my friend (surprise surprise).

Thanks for all of the support and info guys. Nice to see that most of us stick together :smiley:

Glad to hear it blade. Maybe now all the bull crap will stop. Seems like you put stop to it. Goodman. And good luck bud :smiley: